DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 511
2 members and 509 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Deadly Motorcycle x2 crash in Bowie, MD in same spot as 2014
Unread
  (#1)
i suck at the introweb

Deadly Motorcycle x2 crash in Bowie, MD in same spot as 2014 - August 5, 2016, 09:26 AM

RIP to the rider and the 71 year old SUV driver involved in the crash on rt. 301 south in Bowie, MD. I work at this intersection. In 2014 another rider was killed in the exact same spot, in fact the body of both riders were laying in the exact same spot on the pavement. In 2014 everyone was blaming the rider, but it was the cars fault for pulling out into the intersection. Now same thing everyone blaming the rider, but you can clearly see in the news footage the SUV was hit on the side, just like the Honda was in 2014. If the rider was speeding he was doing so down a highway, but not at fault if the SUV pulled out onto the highway. People piss me off.

2 Dead, 1 Hurt in Bowie Crash Between Motorcycle, SUV | NBC4 Washington

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 5, 2016, 09:29 AM

yeah....been all over this story....

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#3)
i suck at the introweb

August 5, 2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
yeah....been all over this story....
also right across the street from the old exxon meet spot.

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

Unread
  (#4)
Aqua Velvet

August 5, 2016, 09:59 AM

This was not across the street from the old Exxon spot. It was north near White Marsh Park where the rolling blind hills are where the 2014 crash happened. You do realize the guy in the 2014 crash was traveling over 100mph? At that rate of speed you lose your right to the Boulevard rule per law which is why the car he struck was NOT at fault. In that area it is physically impossible to see a motorcycle traveling at that rate of speed and be able to judge the closing rate when you can't see shit over that hill. It's why I and a ton of others here slow the F down in that area.

I can bet the elderly gentleman had 0 clue that bike was coming due to several obvious factors of that area.
Unread
  (#5)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 5, 2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospected View Post
This was not across the street from the old Exxon spot. It was north near White Marsh Park where the rolling blind hills are where the 2014 crash happened. You do realize the guy in the 2014 crash was traveling over 100mph? At that rate of speed you lose your right to the Boulevard rule per law which is why the car he struck was NOT at fault. In that area it is physically impossible to see a motorcycle traveling at that rate of speed and be able to judge the closing rate when you can't see shit over that hill. It's why I and a ton of others here slow the F down in that area.

I can bet the elderly gentleman had 0 clue that bike was coming due to several obvious factors of that area.
sounds like a dangerous intersection that needs some changes to.

Quote:
A father was killed in an eerily similar crash at the same intersection two years ago.
In the 2014 crash, the driver of a car was found to be at fault for failing to yield to an oncoming motorcycle.

Quote:
According to the Maryland State Highway Administration, police have reported eight crashes at the intersection between 2012 and 2015.

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#6)
Aqua Velvet

August 5, 2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
sounds like a dangerous intersection that needs some changes to.
I agree but there's no real way to change it unless the state spends a massive amount of $$$ to grade the hills which I can't see them doing. It's awkward because the road doesn't crest on the northbound side, only the Southside.
Unread
  (#7)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 5, 2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I agree but there's no real way to change it unless the state spends a massive amount of $$$ to grade the hills which I can't see them doing. It's awkward because the road doesn't crest on the northbound side, only the Southside.
double yellow flashing lights?

quick stop lights? like some that i see in dc that are 15 second lights...

Unread
  (#8)
i suck at the introweb

August 5, 2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:

I work inside Whitemarsh Park, and make that turn around EVERY DAY, and don't have a problem seeing or judging people coming. It is the next intersection section further south that has the down grade. There are accidents all the time there, can't tell you how many times trying to leave Whitemarsh Park and stuck trying to get out. The intersection where the accident happened is a very busy one and honestly does need a light. There is a car dealer, church, funeral home, baseball fields, football fields, theater, Sport Fit Gym, and residential area in which people are always trying to gun it so they aren't sitting for days. I have been personally stuck trying to make the turn for over 10min multiple times.

And yes its not across the street from Exxon, I meant to say down the street. Also as Von pointed out the Honda Car was at fault in 2014.

Last edited by short_mike; August 5, 2016 at 12:56 PM..
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

August 5, 2016, 03:30 PM

RIP

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

August 6, 2016, 07:30 AM

This same intersection and same T-bone crash again.

I remember the crash two years ago. Motorcyclist was definitely at fault (Triple digits) although he had the right of way.

RiP to the rider.
Doubt anything will be done to modify the intersection. At best all I can see them doing is install a no left turn sign on the adjacent streets and making drives merge into the flow of traffic then U-Turn further up the road.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 6, 2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
This same intersection and same T-bone crash again.

I remember the crash two years ago. Motorcyclist was definitely at fault (Triple digits) although he had the right of way.

RiP to the rider.
Doubt anything will be done to modify the intersection. At best all I can see them doing is install a no left turn sign on the adjacent streets and making drives merge into the flow of traffic then U-Turn further up the road.
they said about 80 mph
in a 55mph spot.