DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 521
2 members and 519 guests
2blueyam, GETFURIOUS
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Did anyone hear about this or know them?
Unread
  (#1)
Too Broke For Track Days

Did anyone hear about this or know them? - June 20, 2008, 08:01 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...061903810.html

Sorry if repost.

Quote:
Motorcycle Ride Ends in Tragedy for Brothers

Police Radar Shows Speeds of Up to 100 MPH Before Crashes Off an Exit Ramp in Baltimore

By Aaron C. Davis
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, June 20, 2008; Page B01

The Heureaux brothers were riding motorcycles, heading north on Interstate 95 near Laurel, when at speeds of nearly 100 mph they raced by a state police trooper armed with a radar gun.
The trooper pulled his car out and turned on his lights, a state police spokesman said yesterday, describing the events of Sunday. About 16 miles later, Suky Amin Heureaux, 25, and Suky Shamin Heureaux, 24, died in nearly simultaneous crashes on an exit ramp in Baltimore.
Today, in Prince George's County, a wake will be held for the brothers, one of whom was riding a stolen bike, police said. The service will be attended by family and friends from the Washington area's Dominican community, some of whom wonder whether the trooper chased the brothers, a contention police deny.
"They tell me they were racing, that's all they tell me," Maximo Heureaux, 45, who shared his home in Landover with his sons, said of his limited contact with investigators. "I don't believe the police; nobody here believes the police. We all need to know what really happened."
Sgt. Arthur Betts, a police spokesman, denied that there was a chase and said the trooper, James Davis, appears to have followed state police policies.
"This all could have been prevented if they had stopped," Betts said of the brothers. "The trooper didn't do anything to make them crash their motorcycles."
Police declined to released the agency's pursuit policy yesterday, saying the agency must receive a mailed written request before doing so. Betts, however, said that unlike in many area jurisdictions that only allow police to pursue felony suspects, Maryland state troopers are allowed to chase traffic violators.
The issue has special resonance in the Maryland suburbs. Last year, a Prince George's County police officer's pursuit of a motorcyclist on the Capital Beltway led to a fatal seven-car pileup; the officer has been indicted on two counts of vehicular manslaughter.

Betts said Davis clocked three bikers traveling north at about 100 mph near the exit to Maryland Route 32. Betts said Davis pulled his car onto the highway, two bikers pulled over, and what he thought was one biker -- it turned out to be two -- kept going.
Davis did not stop to write a ticket. Davis tried to "catch up" with the remaining biker but did not chase him, Betts said. Davis did not request permission to initiate a high-speed pursuit, which would have required a supervisor's approval, Betts said.
Betts declined to release Davis's maximum speed. He said Davis only lost sight of the biker at the entrance to the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel on Interstate 895 in Baltimore, shortly before the crashes Sunday.
With the brothers that day was Pedro Gervacio, 31, who was the lead rider as the three neared Route 32. Gervacio said a fourth motorcycle had been with the group, but he was not sure if the rider was with the group when they passed the police car.
At the tunnel's toll plaza, Davis stopped to see whether cameras recorded the bike's license plates. The brothers crashed after exiting the tunnel; each was thrown off an elevated highway as he attempted to negotiate the off-ramp to Holabird Avenue.
Friends of the brothers, both of whom were fathers, said they probably fled because they had recently learned from a friend that one of the bikes, bought this spring from an acquaintance, had been reported stolen. Suky Shamin also might have been driving with a suspended license, court records show.
Gervacio said he saw the police car, lifted his right arm and tapped the top of his helmet, a signal to the others that an officer was ahead. They slowed, Gervacio said, and he did not see the trooper leave his post. More than three miles later, however, Gervacio said he looked in his rear-view mirror and saw the trooper closing fast with his lights and sirens on.
Gervacio said he pulled over, but the brothers kept going north on I-95, faster than they had when they first passed the police officer at the side of the road. Gervacio said the trooper also was clearly chasing both brothers at that point. He estimated that the cruiser was five car lengths behind the two bikes.
"That's the last time I saw any of them," Gervacio said.
Several minutes later, an employee at a trucking company at the base of Holabird exit heard the crash and called police after he saw a black helmet rolling down the exit ramp. The police were not far behind, he said.
"When I was on the phone, I could hear the sirens," said the employee, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he said he had a prior criminal record and feared retaliation by police.
The body of Suky Shamin traveled 150 feet beyond the elevated ramp before landing near a railroad line. The body of Suky Amin was found below the ramp.
For Maximo Heureaux, an employee of the Maryland-National Capital Parks and Planning Commission, the deaths ended a link that he said went with the nickname he had bestowed on both sons. As a young child in the Dominican Republic, Maximo said he was known for yelling "Suky" when he saw neighborhood boys riding Suzukis by his parents' home.

"It was my lucky nickname," he said. "I gave it to both of them."

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Spike

June 20, 2008, 08:06 AM

"They tell me they were racing, that's all they tell me," Maximo Heureaux, 45, who shared his home in Landover with his sons, said of his limited contact with investigators. "I don't believe the police; nobody here believes the police. We all need to know what really happened."

You're rotten ass kids stole a bike, had no clue how to handle it, raced on public roads and Darwin took care of the rest!!!
Don't blame the police because your kids are asshats and now have paid the ultimate price!!! People really piss me off!
I love my daughter more than anything else in this world but if she was stupid enough to do anything like this....I'll miss her, but I would not hold anyone but her responsible!!!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#3)
opossum puncher

June 20, 2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatooz
You're rotten ass kids stole a bike, had no clue how to handle it, raced on public roads and Darwin took care of the rest!!!
Don't blame the police because your kids are asshats and now have paid the ultimate price!!! People really piss me off!
Well put. Accountability is now a foreign concept to much of America. Sad.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#4)
got barrier?

June 20, 2008, 08:57 AM

I'm with Jess. if 1/2 the riders stopped and the 1/2 half ran......darwin won.

DUCATI MONSTER
rubber ducky?!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dubplaya  
Unread
  (#5)
Contributor

June 20, 2008, 08:57 AM

There were several calls over the air for ramp closures and motorcyclist persuits. I was listening in but could not get all the details. One fallen rider was reported as having his fingers hanging off and his leg or legs bleeding. No further radio traffic ...

Suky they fled and ended up dead. (along with what sounds like rather long list of bad decisions)

RIP Suky 1 & 2

2006 Yamaha R6
2008 Zuma YW50

Semper Fi
MARRC Cornerworker
NESBA #707
CCS AM #991
www.marrc.org
www.cornerspeed.net
www.rnrcycles.com VA
www.trianglecycles.com NC/VA

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/27068503@N05/

Last edited by Lucky; June 20, 2008 at 09:18 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Lucky  
Unread
  (#6)
noise

June 20, 2008, 09:05 AM

Let's not assume one of the Suky actually stole the bike, they just knowingly rode one at this point.

GunRunnin and FAILED... If you can't handle the bike at those speeds.... STOP and TAKE the consequences... Know your bike and where to go.

'Nuff said

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
AMEN!
Unread
  (#7)
Lets go toaster shopping

AMEN! - June 20, 2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatooz

I love my daughter more than anything else in this world but if she was stupid enough to do anything like this....I'll miss her, but I would not hold anyone but her responsible!!!
Something about not doing the crime if you can't do the time. The cop didn't force them to continue riding over 100 MPH. And...even if the cop was in pursuit, the idiots should have pulled over. Their fault. Sucks for the family, but I got no sympathy for the riders cause they could have pulled over at any point.

Viper Pilot
95 FZR 600 Mark II
http://www.myspace.com/viper_pilot
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to ViperPilot  
Unread
  (#8)
starbucks ADV rider

June 20, 2008, 11:11 AM

my brother went to school with one of them. RIP
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

June 20, 2008, 11:14 AM

Hi, I'm Max and this is my brother Suky, and this is my other brother Suky
Unread
  (#10)
Banned!

June 20, 2008, 11:15 AM

terrible...
Unread
  (#11)
B Group

June 20, 2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani
my brother went to school with one of them. RIP
yea sorry to hear that. RIP

2002 Civic Si
2009 600RR
TPM Blue #52

I am Chris

Unread
  (#12)
Owner & Creator

June 20, 2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by static
Let's not assume one of the Suky actually stole the bike, they just knowingly rode one at this point.

GunRunnin and FAILED... If you can't handle the bike at those speeds.... STOP and TAKE the consequences... Know your bike and where to go.

'Nuff said

+1 and

They chose to take the chances, the chances of trying to run. At the time of running their adrenalin was up and pumping, all they had in mind was to run away. They forgot how fast they were travelling, oh snap rabbit choked the ramp was coming up, they froze, too late, forgot to slow down.

Last edited by Carnage; June 20, 2008 at 12:49 PM..
Unread
  (#13)
Signed up for Track Days!

June 20, 2008, 11:10 PM

Is there something wrong with me when I feel no pity for these asshats?
Unread
  (#14)
Owner & Creator

June 20, 2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaierApril
Is there something wrong with me when I feel no pity for these asshats?
Dude I'm coldhearted on 2 wheels. If I run and I eat it, no one to blame but myself.
Unread
  (#15)
2 wheels for life

June 20, 2008, 11:32 PM

Small mistake and you pay such a big price RIP
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to