DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
2 members and 538 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Dockers wrinkle free pants saved my life.
Unread
  (#1)
I'm an Asshole

Dockers wrinkle free pants saved my life. - September 15, 2006, 09:37 AM

So something interesting happened to me this morning, but before I go into that, I want to say a big WTF to everyone who said they were going bowling last night. I showed up at the SPOT at like 9:20 and was there til 10. Only two other bikers were there. I was so excited I rode with my bowling shoes tied to my back. The look of dissappointment on my face could only be compared to Arrrrr6's wife's on their honeymoon.

Now this morning on my way to work (on i-66E) traffic was backed up as usual. At about exit 62, I was cruising at about 30-40 mph when traffic stopped suddenly. Maybe I was closer than I should have been (I wasnt tailgating), but I instinctively applied my rear brake. Then Idk what caused it, but my rear wheel locked up, and thus begun a controlled slide that made my buttchecks tighter than a size medium shirt on me. My rear wheel had locked up before on me, and I just ride it out tapping the brake and grabbing some more front. But I was so close to the SUV in front I thought for sure I was gonna be sitting his backseat in about 3 seconds. But with my cat like reflexes I was able to stop just inches behind this guys SUV. Unfortunately by this time the bike was sideways and the momentum caused it to tilt forward. I tried my best to keep it upright, but not even my retard strength could keep it from tipping. It was more like an involuntary laydown of the bike. Luckily the frame sliders did their job. I fell on my knee, but as the title states my sexy pants kept me from getting any rash.

Lessons learned. Don't follow closely in traffic and Grab more front brake than rear. I'm just glad that there's absolutely no damage to my bike or me. I rode into work cursing and laughing at myself the rest of the way.

disclaimer: only joking about arrrr6, please don't spaz out.

If you can read this, give me a red dot
If you get mad when I type, do us both a favor.

Some recent rep I have been given:
-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
-you dont even ride you troll (unsigned)
-you are now 115% gay, ghey, and ghay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#2)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

September 15, 2006, 09:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#3)
I'm an Asshole

September 15, 2006, 09:57 AM

If you can read this, give me a red dot
If you get mad when I type, do us both a favor.

Some recent rep I have been given:
-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
-you dont even ride you troll (unsigned)
-you are now 115% gay, ghey, and ghay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#4)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

September 15, 2006, 10:00 AM

As much as ya bug me, I'm glad it wasn't worse.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 15, 2006, 10:05 AM

First off We were at the spot till 9 then to the bowling then to the bar! Second fucking learn how to use the front brake!! Goto a parking lot and practice!!! Stop using the rear till you know how to use the front then use both! As much crap as you start around here I don't want to read about your untimely death cause you don't practice braking!! Also we will do a better job about bowling next time.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#6)
Happiness Consultant

Cool September 15, 2006, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffindj
The look of dissappointment on my face could only be compared to Arrrrr6's wife's on their honeymoon.
ok, that was fugging funny.

Quote:
Maybe I was closer than I should have been (I wasnt tailgating), but I instinctively applied my rear brake. Then Idk what caused it, but my rear wheel locked up,
just a guess, but maybe it was your foot applying the brake that caused the lockup.

Quote:
and thus begun a controlled slide that made my buttchecks tighter than a size medium shirt on me. My rear wheel had locked up before on me, and I just ride it out tapping the brake and grabbing some more front.
is it really controlled if it raises your pucker factor?

Quote:
Lessons learned. Don't follow closely in traffic and Grab more front brake than rear. I'm just glad that there's absolutely no damage to my bike or me. I rode into work cursing and laughing at myself the rest of the way.

disclaimer: I'm only on griff - nice save, I'm going to go buy some Dockers now.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#7)
I got dis!

September 15, 2006, 10:11 AM

Some of us were at bowling from a little after 10pm till 12:30, don't know why you didn't see us.

- Matt

Quoted from AIM. A conversation with Dwight about him and Ben.
"cpsdwight: i couldnt believe that i was keeping him up"

Harvey - "I can't date fat chicks man, there's just too much material there. Someone's gotta be thin in the relationship and it's obviously not me."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnfiend Send a message via AIM to Drgnfiend  
Unread
  (#8)
Dressed for Success

September 15, 2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:
My rear wheel had locked up before on me, and I just ride it out tapping the brake and grabbing some more front.
Bad Griff.

Don't release the rear once you lock it unless the bike is straight. This might be what caused the bike to go over with more force than you could handle -> the rear suddenly regained traction.

Nice job otherwise though.
Unread
  (#9)
Agitator

September 15, 2006, 12:00 PM

whats a rear brake?

is that the right foot lever on ducs that activates the brake light...and not much else?

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#10)
Signed up for Track Days!

September 15, 2006, 12:41 PM

Glad to see you were not hurt... I avoid 66 like the plague. Your amusing story did mae me chuckle at work though... Cat like reflexes, I would like to see that.

"If you ain't FIRST, you're LAST."
"Women who behave rarely made history."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to BlondeCaptain  
Unread
  (#11)
Diddle e i

September 15, 2006, 02:40 PM

Glad you're ok. I use some rear brake in traffic unless I need to slow quickly.
I did get a slap in the face from reality when some gimp decided to nail their brakes on me just when I was about to take a turn. I did hit the rear harder than I should have (don't use 'em!) and slid it in a straight line as well as nailing the front. Not a nice feeling.

On another note, it's also not good not to ride for 2 weeks and hop on your bike to hit some corners like you used to. Nearly clipped a curb this morning. Can't believe - I caught myself target fixating on the curb getting closer. If I hadn't copped myself on I'm pretty sure I'd have come off. All that traffic made me let loose as soon as I got a clear run at off camber twists on a road I like.

~ John ~

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, and the lesson afterwards

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...14/1_honda.jpg

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Mocaba Send a message via Yahoo to Mocaba Send a message via AIM to Mocaba Send a message via MSN to Mocaba Send a message via Skype™ to Mocaba 
Unread
  (#12)
B
It goes to 11.

September 15, 2006, 02:50 PM

Dude... I use the rear brake when I dont want to roll back on a hill when Im stopped and when Im doing those low speed slides that make me look like a stunna. Otherwise It is my firm belief that the rear brake will only cause you trouble... dont use it.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#13)
Super Moderator

September 15, 2006, 04:12 PM

My bike has a rear brake?

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#14)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 15, 2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion9R
My bike has a rear brake?
There is also an ejection seat! Just grap a handful of front brake!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#15)
Former Rock Star

September 15, 2006, 07:25 PM

You had me at retard strength Griff.
Glad you weren't hurt, I'm sending your story to Levi's in hopes of
you staring in a Dockers/Special Olympics co sponsered commercial

"there can't be 2 number 1's, that'd be 11!"
~Eric
(The Irish Guy) R.I.P