DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 520
2 members and 518 guests
2blueyam, GETFURIOUS
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
What's today? aah fuck it

May 22, 2004, 04:48 PM

Well, it was me and Gixxerboy riding down to Coleman's on 66 a few days ago. I kept hearing about how easy stoppies are were to do, and being a new rider, I kept brushing off the urge to try tricks. To make a long story short, we got on a merge lane that was empty, and there was cars were not moving at all on the other lanes. That's when I tried it.

I shifted my weight a little towards the gas tank, and pressed on the front breaks. Next thing I know, I'm tipping over the handlebars and got thrown off the bike to the right. THANK GOD FOR FRAME SLIDERS!!! Not a scratch on the body, but ego is a little bruised.

You can count on my not to try any more stoppies on 66 during afternoon rush.

Thought I'd share my little story, peace!
BlacKat
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Admin

May 22, 2004, 05:05 PM

ouch, sorry about that.

if you can, heres my personal opinion, if you want to practice stunting, do it in a safer environment, maybe a empty parking lot away from everyone(including cops). a major highway in traffic isnt the best place to show off...

im not bashing, just saying my opinion.

...moving to crash and rash...
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

May 22, 2004, 05:12 PM

However, I will bash. You are a fool. I don't care if traffic was moving or not. Like Flipn said, find a parkinglot if you want to do that stuff. I hope everyone watching you got a good laugh. Lemme guess, you started riding this year, didn't you.
Maybe I am a little pissed because I almost got hit by some douchebag trying a stoppie behind me at a light one time.
Think to yourself... are you giving riders a postive or negative image in the eyes of the general public? Why does that matter? They are the ones calling the police on cellphones.
Unread
  (#4)
Ballaugh Bridge

May 22, 2004, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy6
Think to yourself... are you giving riders a postive or negative image in the eyes of the general public? Why does that matter? They are the ones calling the police on cellphones.
Um huh
And I hear the lookouts get dispatched all time. Not just for bikes either.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#5)
Site Admin

May 22, 2004, 08:41 PM

No Bashing will be allowed here, so please none of that, I dont want to have to start editing posts

Lets help a new rider out by pointing out that persons mistake, and help them get onto the right track.
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

May 22, 2004, 11:01 PM

Fair enough.

My advise is this:

Riding takes enormous responsibilty. If you have trouble with responsibilty, your friends will be hosting your memorial ride .

Locking the rear and lowsiding during a traffic stop is a common mistake made by new riders.
Dropping the bike coming out of a parking space is a common mistake made by new riders.
Stalling the bike in a low speed turn and dumping it is a common mistake also.

Trying to pull a stoppie on the entrance ramp of 66 is NOT a mistake.

It's a lack of responsibility and common sense.

-edited out stuff that didn't matter
Unread
  (#7)
Loves Sporking

May 23, 2004, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnR6
No Bashing will be allowed here, so please none of that, I dont want to have to start editing posts
Lets help a new rider out by pointing out that persons mistake, and help them get onto the right track.
"Fools and their motorcycles are soon parted." Mistake for a fool like you to buy a bike, Gix. Try another hobby (like checkers), but always wear a helmet. You'll need it.

Love ya Norman, but I don't give moral support to morons. I hope he sells his bike to someone with more brains than he has.

Johnny V.
CCS & ASRA #67

2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600 (racing)
2004 Aprilia 1000 Mille R (street)
2001 Aprilia 1000 Falco (street)
2001 Suzuki GSX-R600 (racing)
1995 Kawasaki ZX-6E (street and racing)
1986 Yamaha Radian 600
(street)
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

May 23, 2004, 01:23 AM

Come on Norm!!!!! Can't we bash him just a little????

Anyway.....Good job bro....making all of us look like azzholes!!! Hmmmm is there a connection???? Insuring a sportbike is next to impossible south of $2K a year (for me at least).

People sleep peacably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
2004 R1
2002 CBR954RR
2002 CR250R
1991 KX500
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YUSOSLO Send a message via MSN to YUSOSLO  
Unread
  (#9)
Richard Cranium

May 23, 2004, 02:57 PM

thnx for the extra 750$$ raise in insurance this year on my bike

05 HEMI WK
09 M109R
Unread
  (#10)
Site Admin

May 23, 2004, 04:01 PM

im sure he has brains, just hasnt been properly taught by people with the brains and experience. Seriously guys, we were all new at once...help out a fella newbie. I've only been riding 2 years, and thanks to several people on this site by the comments and proper knowledge that was passed on to me, i've become a much safer rider. I'm just asking you guys to help out a new rider regardless of what that person knows or doesnt know....

Much to love to everyone on the site....im out...peace!
Closed Thread