DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 505
3 members and 502 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Fatal crash: Annandale Little River Trpk
Unread
  (#1)
Got my Permit

Fatal crash: Annandale Little River Trpk - April 6, 2010, 10:03 PM

RIP to fallen rider.....
again, unfortunately another fallen rider wrapped in the sheets at the scene. wonder who it was, if rider is on this forum since rider was not identified by name. smh, sad scene to drive by tonite to discover this was the cause of the major backed up traffic...sigh

Quote:

LINCOLNIA, Va. - Fairfax County (web | news) police are investigating a fatal crash in Lincolnia Tuesday night. It happened around 7:30 p.m. on Little River Turnpike at Beauregard Street.

Police say a motorcycle was traveling at a high rate of speed on Little River Turnpike when it struck an SUV exiting a parking lot. The motorcyclist died at the scene.

Police say the victim appears to be a 22-year-old Alexandria (web | news) man. Authorities are working to notify his next of kin.

Police crash reconstruction units have been called out to investigate.
ABC 7 Talkback:
Click Here to Comment on this Story

Little River Turnpike will remain closed for the investigation.

Police say no one in the SUV appears to be hurt.

06 Lime Green/Blk Kawasaki zx6r (636)
08 Silver/Blk Honda CBR600R (RIP:stolen/totalled)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CBRCHICK  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

April 6, 2010, 10:07 PM

just saw it on the news 22 yo kid...rip. Saw a silver r6 on the report. Wtf...high rate of speed...say 20mph over? and it's the bikes fault? How about the scumbag that pulled out in front of him/her. Gettn scik of hearing this sht here already and it's april!!

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Being nice :)

April 6, 2010, 10:13 PM

------------

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#4)
Being nice :)

April 6, 2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowngt View Post
..... Gettn scik of hearing this sht here already and it's april!!
Everyone's too eager to get revving...
Im preaching to the choir yeah, but hey...

My take is....winter was a bitch, and this early heatwave is conducive to us crazies blazing that saddle...

RIP booboo

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#5)
Never lose your head!!

April 6, 2010, 10:21 PM

First and foremost, RIP to the rider. Second, it was an unfortunate accident and why are we quick to blame the cagers....were any of us there to know the facts?

My co-workers were there working the accident and this is WHAT the witnesses stated "the guy was doing around 70 racing another bike" before hitting the SUV. Speed limit around that area, I believe, is 35mph.

We are entitled to our opinions but let's not forget the facts...a fellow rider has passed, a young life senselessly lost and his family are grieving. Godspeed to his family!

KK
Unread
  (#6)
need more knee down

April 6, 2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowngt View Post
just saw it on the news 22 yo kid...rip. Saw a silver r6 on the report. Wtf...high rate of speed...say 20mph over? and it's the bikes fault? How about the scumbag that pulled out in front of him/her. Gettn scik of hearing this sht here already and it's april!!
still stupid on that road. its so crowded in the afternoon with ppl getting home. ive had plenty of ppl pull out on me as i am driving home.

RIP

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#7)
need more knee down

April 6, 2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Square View Post
First and foremost, RIP to the rider. Second, it was an unfortunate accident and why are we quick to blame the cagers....were any of us there to know the facts?

My co-workers were there working the accident and this is WHAT the witnesses stated "the guy was doing around 70 racing another bike" before hitting the SUV. Speed limit around that area, I believe, is 35mph.

We are entitled to our opinions but let's not forget the facts...a fellow rider has passed, a young life senselessly lost and his family are grieving. Godspeed to his family!

i believe it's 40-45 but either way, way too fast. no clue why they would be racing. it is really packed in the afternoons.

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

April 6, 2010, 10:53 PM

my last post did not make it!!

saw on the news was a 22yo and the bike was a silver R6...rip.

pretty pissed the news said it was the bike that hit the car...again this area is fkd for rider relations!! Even if he was going 20mph over posted limit the fkn asshat in the van took his right of way!!

makes no difference now....but next fktard in a van, suv or anything that cuts me off gets the mirror snapped off!! Happens too damn much here!! And the results are always bad!!

thoughts and prayers to the riders friends/family and god forbid children!!

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

April 6, 2010, 10:59 PM

even at 70mph the car pulled out on him. Was the fkr on a phone...jumpn the light....textn.... Ur right alot that we don't know.

if you have ridden as long as I have you see thissht is a daily occurrence to the 10th power. Plain and simple if a car was going 70mph and someone pulled out it would read just that.

fyi a bike can stop @ 70mph shorter than a car going 2x that speed.!!

sucks either way....but the fact 90% of va drivers I see are on the phone takes away alot of forgiveness time!! My $.02

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#10)
AMA Superbike Champ

April 6, 2010, 11:07 PM

It's hard for people, especially those that have never ridden a motorcycle, to gauge how fast we're really going when we're coming up. When you're going that fast over the speed limit you have to be on full alert and assume they don't see you and are going to pull out in front of you, that's happened to everyone that rides at one point or another. RIP to the rider
Unread
  (#11)
Derpentine Dealer

April 6, 2010, 11:09 PM

Once it's determined you are speeding, all bets are off and you are culpable. Sad news.
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

April 6, 2010, 11:11 PM

true crooks...another reason to leave high beams on at all times!! Bouncing lights at warp speed scare the sht out of everyone.!! Exactly why my low beam is yellow tinted...learned it in cali!! When ya stick out ya get notices. Could give a sht if I get a ticket and it saves my life...know what I mean!!

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#13)
It was me.

April 6, 2010, 11:17 PM

RIP

Mohawk Ryderz Road Captain
www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GwgOmlI0ht.../s400/byah.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Widow Maker  
Unread
  (#14)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

April 6, 2010, 11:19 PM

I drove by to get to the gym and saw the uncovered body at around 8 p.m. Not very far from him, I saw a black bike with a yellow helmet next to him. They didn't even put a sheet over him until 8:30 p.m.

Then at roughly 10:20 p.m., two big white vans with tinted windows blocked the scene and they loaded him into a body bag.

It looks like the SUV was at fault. That area is not very well lit and with an old driver behind the wheel, one can imagine the driver must not have seen the bike speeding down the downhill road. Barely any damage on the SUV (The bumper fell off). Also, the bike was not very far away from the SUV, maybe 10 feet and it did not sustain much damage.

My condolences to the Rider.

1993 Mazda RX-7 LS1 V8 Swap
1999 Suzuki GSX-R 750
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
2004 Honda F4i

Last edited by Risen; April 6, 2010 at 11:24 PM..
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

April 6, 2010, 11:47 PM

Just a few miles from my house. Bikes are zipping around all the time. People are on their phones turning off of side streets constantly. If you see a car that is poised to pull out, you better have a plan in case they do. What else can I tell you, it happens all of the time.

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe