DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 508
3 members and 505 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
A few no speed laydowns
Unread
  (#1)
TPG og

A few no speed laydowns - October 15, 2008, 12:22 PM

Well, I done screwed up my fairings paint job. being 5'3, the hardest part about riding is getting on and off the my Firebolt. I even had the lowering "kit" installed, i.e. the rear shcok and front forks from a Buell Lightning Low model. I have a firebolt, and the lightning and firebolt are the same except the fairing and seats. Anyways, I've broken a couple of pegs now, and a couple of turn signals. I get them discounted from a sponsor on my Buell forum. But I don't know what to do for the scrathes. My fairing is custom painted, bright blue with green flames, and I dunno how to make it look better. My dads got some Green Turtle rubbing compound, like 4 different kinds, and I got some Einszett/Klasse all in one, metal polish, plastic polish and some other Einszett stuff. Plus a truckload of different types of microfiber. Anyone know what to do in the situation? I've been looking at further lowering ioptions to but I've done most of waht i can do. I can get the seat redone with 1'' lower gel, or swap the tail out for A lightning tail and get the Lightning low seat (doesnt fit on stock firebolt). But the scratches are my main concern for right now. i might have it repainted in the future, I'd prefer blacked out bike or b lack/orange theme with orange flames. Anyone got some custom paint repair tips??
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#2)
One and Only

October 15, 2008, 12:40 PM

Just to clarify: The question here is not how to not fall off, but rather how to fix your custom paint job when you do?

Just so that any responding posters know what to answer...

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#3)
TPG og

October 15, 2008, 12:49 PM

yeah sorry about the run on into unncessary info I pulled. the question is how to fix my custom paint job on my fiberglass fairing.
Unread
  (#4)
Railing!

October 15, 2008, 07:59 PM

I feel your pain. I first dropped my busa because of my short ass legs. I need to paint my fairings flat back so its easy to fix.

Forceofnature

Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
It's easy to identify people who can't count to ten. They're in front of you in the supermarket express lane.
Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
TPG og

October 17, 2008, 11:49 AM

Yeah, my legs, and body, arms haha all short. I'm 5'3. My dang Irish dad and Greek mom didn't give me any help in the hieght (or temper) department. I guess I'll use some polish and some microfiber buffing and see what I can do.
Unread
  (#6)
SMB
sans motor bike

October 17, 2008, 12:03 PM

if it's a custom color get with one of those touch up companies....like that do work for the dealers?

I scratched the crap outta a truck once and this dude air brushed it back like OEM....
Unread
  (#7)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

October 17, 2008, 12:14 PM

SMB is on the right track. Professionals know how to match paint jobs.

If you're feeling froggy, get some fine sandpaper, as fine as you can while still able to smooth out the scratches. Really small scratches can be sanded with 400. Deepers ones might need 220. Sand the scratches until they're smooth.

If the spot is small, you can probably buy some acrylic craft paints. To do it right, get professional automotive paints. Mix them until they match your colors, and hand paint over the sanded spots. If brush marks are an issue, buy a small airbrush kit (also available at craft stores) and use that to fill in your color. Be certain to tape off the parts you DON'T want painted. Cover with a clear coat. Acrylic is easier, but urethane is prettier and more durable.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
Unread
  (#8)
This Ain't My First Time!

October 17, 2008, 12:40 PM

I remember after I painted my FZR I washed the front at low speed in the driveway at my house. Noob mistake pulled the front brake in too much while I was turning it to park. Don't ask me how I did it, but i dealifted the bike up by the handlebar while still straddling the bike. I do not know how I did it, but I really did not want my paint job to get messed up.

Don't know how that helps you, but this thread just made me think of it so i figured I would share. Good luck on the fix.

OVER? did you say "Over"? Nothing is over until we decide its over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!!!

~Blutarski~

Dodge131:
If your goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem.

Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

October 17, 2008, 03:06 PM

Suck it up!

I'm 5'2" and my Tuono is not lowered; I can't touch my toes to the ground unless it's just one foot and I am off the seat a bit. I had one instance with the R6 when I first started riding but you get the hang of it.

Stickers can hide scratches

-Ryan
Unread
  (#10)
TPG og

October 20, 2008, 02:23 PM

Yeah, I need to find a good paint shop. i gotta buddys whos brother does it, and another buddy who used to do it professionaly in Wheaton, the fairing isnt that bad. Whats bad now is the rear pillon seat sover came off thanks to me not locking it right, now its all tore up. Its got the Blue with green flame on it and its F'd, needs completley need paint job. Its only a foot long I hopes its not expensive.

EDIT, does anyone know how much it would be repaint my pillon seat cover, with the green flame and brigth blue? Its not that big but the custom thing might make it more expensive

Last edited by b00st; October 21, 2008 at 03:03 PM..