DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 539
2 members and 537 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
konichiwa bitches

Location: Over to the left, up a little more....right there!!....FFX
July 3, 2005, 12:15 AM

So, got the new battery in and decided to take her out and see how rusty I was. Having read many acocunts of experienced riders going down I kept her in the parking lot and just tooled around getting a feel for the joy that is two wheeled locomotion. The first 30 minutes was magical and totally reinforced why I had taken the plunge and jumped into the two wheeled world. I attributed the occasional stall to my inherent rust which I was slowly knocking off. She was idling a little high so with my 'vast' knowledge I decided to see if I could remedy the situation by adjusting the idle per the owners manual directions.

After about another 20 minutes tooling around my parking lot I took it up just a bit into third. This is where our stories takes a turn for the worst. The throttle seemed to stick open a bit or I just did not rool off the thottle but either way the wall coming up fast resulted in a bit to much front brake being applied and I acheived my first stoppie. Unfortunately, being the over acheiver I am I did not stop at 10, 11, 12, 1, or even 2 o'clock....no my firends I deceide to push it and take it all the way to 3. The result.....my baby (which I just got home last week after repairs to get it running from auction) is hurt. Pictures will follow.

As for me......to teach me a lesson she threw me and let me get away with a bruised right hand and hurt pride.

Leslie

PS....If anyone has parts for a Gixxer 600, '00 they are looking to sell let me know. Keep it safe and shiny side up people.

PPS.....I will wait and take a picture of the hand in the morning so we can all appreicate proper swelling and bruising.

http://lqdgrphcs.com/Junk/IM000272.jpg
http://lqdgrphcs.com/Junk/IM000273.jpg
http://lqdgrphcs.com/Junk/IM000274.jpg
http://lqdgrphcs.com/Junk/IM000275.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs  
Unread
  (#2)
Super Moderator

July 3, 2005, 07:17 AM

Ouch but glad your ok....EBAY my friend!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#3)
ISO a Sugar Mama

July 3, 2005, 09:04 AM

Glad you're ok too.
Been there done that.

"Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us." Dragula.

Canon shooter
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Rolex006  
Unread
  (#4)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

July 3, 2005, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex006
Glad you're ok too.
Been there done that.
+3

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#5)
konichiwa bitches

July 3, 2005, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico0920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex006
Glad you're ok too.
Been there done that.
+3
Thanks people.....it sucks but I am not complaining. I know I got off light.....although the damage to the bike actaully hurts more than the hand. I will give it up for my gear though. I did flip over and land of my shoulder and slam my foot and neither one hurt. The fieldsheer jacket and my icon boots held up well. Ripped my glove but it is small and they are still good to go. Lets hear it for wearing all gear.

Now to heal up and get her fixed and learn from it all.

Leslie
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs  
Unread
  (#6)
Slow Poke

July 3, 2005, 08:16 PM

glad to hear you're ok

I don't wanna be your b*tch. Say no to 2up!

RIDE THIS!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Got my Permit

July 4, 2005, 03:36 AM

thank god you are allright and things will be better by tomorow you will see. by the way from what it looks in the pictures its not that bad. rear end needs paint then the passenger seat and then the front.yoke bar check.so have you ever thought of upgrades it will be cheaper than buying new parts from the dealer. and it will make your bike fancier.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Retired to most ...

July 4, 2005, 07:39 AM

Damn bro!! You just got the thing back after all that wait time. Lesson learned though right. Glad your ok and can walk and talk about it! Check E-Bay though...lots of good stuff.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#9)
konichiwa bitches

July 4, 2005, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST
thank god you are allright and things will be better by tomorow you will see. by the way from what it looks in the pictures its not that bad. rear end needs paint then the passenger seat and then the front.yoke bar check.so have you ever thought of upgrades it will be cheaper than buying new parts from the dealer. and it will make your bike fancier.
Right now I am concentrating on getting it back on the road. I will get to fancy once I am back on the road. But I will admit to already pricing different paint jobs.

Leslie
Unread
  (#10)
Retired to most ...

July 4, 2005, 11:46 AM

Hey Leslie...I got in contact with my boy who bought your xbox and he has your DVD. I'll snatch it from him asap!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#11)
konichiwa bitches

July 4, 2005, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954
Hey Leslie...I got in contact with my boy who bought your xbox and he has your DVD. I'll snatch it from him asap!
LOL....cool, I had kinda forgot about that. Just let me know when/how you want to handle that. I still have that remote for the Xbox.

Leslie