DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
1 members and 539 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
first time
Unread
  (#1)
i eat mop who?

first time - April 22, 2007, 04:55 PM

well it wasn't me, but my good friend took a nice hefty spill on 33 right at the base of the mountain...front wheel just wasn't gripping so as much as he was leaning it kept going until the front end slide out from under him...next thing i know cloud of dirt and my buddies bike on top of him...banged up real good..bent forks...rashed up fairings and tail piece is shot...he's banged up good himself..but was a trooper about it and rode home after we bent the forks back as best as possible...i gotta tell you, and i'm goign to sound like a baby about this, but it's surreal, i've seen plenty of crashes on video and stuff but seeing it in person is just another world..shook me up really good, the way he landed i'm surprised his neck is still straight, his head was jammed against the dirt wall at an odd angle and at that speed...then of course this is the same guy that survived a 70 foot free fall. anyway, not my crash report but mine at the same time.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to vaboy  
Unread
  (#2)
singin sweet home alabama

April 22, 2007, 08:07 PM

Glad your buddy was ok. I agree seeing someone bin it in front of you is disturbing. Last year I was on a group ride and we took a very sharp blind turn somewhere in WV... I was cutting everything very tight, so I was ok when I rounded the corner and saw an oncoming car. I checked my mirrors real quick and the guy behind me ran wide right into the path of the car. Rather than hitting the car he put his bike in the ditch. Very surreal indeed - I thought he was gonna be a hood ornament.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#3)
i eat mop who?

April 22, 2007, 08:31 PM

i forgot to mention that a nice man and his wife pulled their big truck behind us to shield us from cars since there was no shoulder, he was a fellow rider and had also taken spill on the same road. well, as a few cars started building up behind the the truck, they started going around, most of the passers just had a look of concern but one lady had the window down and was yelling at us like we had done something to her, my friend had to double take b/c we couldnt' believe this lady was yelling at us , we couldn't tell if she was laughing at us or saying something but it sounded angry... i guess she doesn't like bikers...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to vaboy  
Unread
  (#4)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

April 22, 2007, 10:44 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend. That really sucks ass. I went on a group ride today with some friends and one of the guys going around a hair pin turn doing 10-15 mph at the most hit some gravel and ate shit. It was his first time down. His bike went partially under a guard rail with a 30 foot rocky drop on the other side. Thank god his bike didn't go down the other side. He was riding a SV-650S. The nose of the bike shattered and his shift lever broke. He ended up zip tieing the front together and using a pair of vise grips to shift. Oh and of course this had to happen about 75 miles or so away from home. But he rode it with his front plastic flaping in the breeze. Still it was a beautiful day out today.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
SIN MC Event Coord

April 22, 2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaboy
i forgot to mention that a nice man and his wife pulled their big truck behind us to shield us from cars since there was no shoulder, he was a fellow rider and had also taken spill on the same road. well, as a few cars started building up behind the the truck, they started going around, most of the passers just had a look of concern but one lady had the window down and was yelling at us like we had done something to her, my friend had to double take b/c we couldnt' believe this lady was yelling at us , we couldn't tell if she was laughing at us or saying something but it sounded angry... i guess she doesn't like bikers...
I remember my first incident at a intersection, some people were yelling at me saying "Get the f*ck out the road". I couldn't believe it.

its amazing how impatient and mean some people can be...

Glad your boy is ok though..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to buckshot  
Unread
  (#6)
In with the old

April 23, 2007, 07:09 AM

damn, sucks! glad dude is ok, and to the cagers who can't wait a sec while I peel my bike off the street?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d12_sig_08.jpg

"i went to a goth bar last night...and wore turquois"
"i wish my grass was emo so it could cut itself..."

999 - Evil When I Do Handstands

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7165&q=PAPOOSE

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to d12welve  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

April 23, 2007, 07:20 AM

Glad your friend is ok. It sux that it happened, and it sux that some people are such assholes. I probably would have chased the woman down and smacked her for him.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TBaby Send a message via AIM to TBaby Send a message via MSN to TBaby  
Unread
  (#8)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

April 23, 2007, 07:28 AM

Glad your friend was ok! Also be very careful about bending forks back and riding cause they can break after being creased. Good on you for not target fixating and going down also. Its hard to see someone go down and try to ride around and stop safely.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

April 23, 2007, 07:39 AM

sorry to hear about you friend

some ppl say its hurts as much to watch it happen live than to actually fall
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy  
Unread
  (#10)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

April 23, 2007, 07:54 AM

Glad your buddy was ok

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

April 23, 2007, 09:48 AM

sucks that he went down, but i'm curious about surviving a 70' free fall. what happened there?

'02 SV-650S track bike (for sale, but in Shreveport, LA)
'05 Yamaha TTR-125L
'94 Dodge Viper RT/10
other boring stuff
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mangle  
Unread
  (#12)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
April 23, 2007, 10:02 AM

Have you seen him? He hit every branch of that ugly tree.

J/K Glad tohear hes ok. I bailed at 123 and 50 and had to wait for a gren light to go get my bike outta the middle of the road. Cagers suck. I will stop for any bike on the the side of the road. Cagers ha ha ha only if I know them. Fuck em if they dont have a phone.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#13)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
April 23, 2007, 10:14 AM

Glad your boys ok......careful out there....especially being that far from home.....

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#14)
TEAM.SUKUZI

April 23, 2007, 11:09 AM

leave the lady alone..she didnt get laid the night before. Glad your buddy is ok though.

sex addict