DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 533
5 members and 528 guests
Bunky, CCS762ZX6, GRN96WS6, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Fluck these cagers
Unread
  (#1)
Chasing the dragon

Fluck these cagers - June 14, 2011, 06:04 PM

So I get on my bike for my first real ride in about 3 weeks this afternoon. I do some stops then set course for the Blvd. I get off at exit 15 so I can hit the Harry S Truman turn. I slow down a little before the turn to let the cagers get ahead so I can get a good lean in the turn. Right before I notice a Gixxer 750 right behind me. I procede to hit the large turn and the smaller 90 degree kinda hard. Once we come off he gets right on my tail after the first light and overtakes me at the next.

Right at the Metro station after the second light a cager comes out. An older couple in a Ford Escape. gixxer t-bones the Escape and flys, no time to try and brake or swerve.

My club president and good friend went down in this exact same spot on the 3rd. He is still recovering in the hospital. I'm beyond shaken right now. With all this. Please be safe everyone. This is my first time witnessing a bad accident and its burned into my brain right now.

Lockerz.com .:. K H's Photos - WATCH FOR BIKES!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

June 14, 2011, 06:08 PM

Was he speeding when he hit the car?
Unread
  (#3)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

June 14, 2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluhokie12 View Post
Was he speeding when he hit the car?
Exit 15 is in PG county.

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Unread
  (#4)
2 wheels for life

June 14, 2011, 06:31 PM

Sorry to hear .. wishing a fast recovery

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Derpentine Dealer

June 14, 2011, 06:46 PM

Looks bad. Looks real bad. Keep us updated on this guy's condition, if you can.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed & Registered!!!

June 14, 2011, 07:04 PM

Damn hope he makes it out ok, I had an asshole make a left turn almost dead in front of me on the way home from work today. I had to swerve into the oncoming lane, good thing there were no cars.

02 CBR F4i 600-sold
03 Yamaha YZF R1

Ps3 - mjj12082
360 - uallreadykno420
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to mjj12082  
Unread
  (#7)
Derpentine Dealer

June 14, 2011, 07:09 PM

Got a plate for the 10r but need one for the KTM, another one that reads along the lines of 8B8BB88 so that when I start breaking side mirrors off, it'll be more difficult for them to call it in. I'm nearly at my limit for ye ol' turn in front of the motorcyclist game.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#8)
Derpetologist

June 14, 2011, 07:10 PM

damn. i'm glad you didn't get taken out in the process too.

watched a car pull out onto rock creek parkway right in front of a guy on a triumph this afternoon. i probably screamed inside my car.

be safe all... get some aux lights or something

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#9)
Being nice :)

June 14, 2011, 07:32 PM

didnt read. but its okay to say FUCK!!!on the inter.....

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#10)
Chasing the dragon

June 14, 2011, 08:06 PM

ok.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Dude was going no more than 10 over. Cars fly faster down this straight all day n nite. This shit was an eye opener for sure. Making sure I can be seen by these non driving motherfuckers is more important than ever now as a second to paying attention to becky texting ken. Sorry for my blinding HIDs not contained to projectors, im not tryna be another statistic....

Ahhhhhh sweet vodka. Cover up this from replaying in my head one mo gin tonight....
Unread
  (#11)
Licensed Rider

June 14, 2011, 09:03 PM

I know that turn/area all to well man. Had a car come out in front of me and in shock stopped right in front of me, lets just say that was the first and last time I drifted the bike.

Another story, I went down last year on the infamous Harry S Truman. Was going through the turn, rained the day before and I met gravel and then the guard rail.