DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
2 members and 551 guests
Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#16)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

May 23, 2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoore View Post
Don't forget that any gear you were wearing is included in the total cost. So a leather suit and helmet, if that were the case, can add up a grand or more on top of the bike.
This is a tough one to get them to accept. The adjustor I was dealing with told me they would only cover gear that is required by law.

If you've got receipts for all the gear you were wearing that will help your argument quite a bit.

I didn't get them to budge off just paying out for my helmet until I sent them receipts for and pictures of my damaged boots, gloves, jacket, and cell phone.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

XBOX - cameihumps
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#17)
Parkin lot pimpin'

May 23, 2014, 10:55 AM

If you end up having any injuries, I had a consultation with a good personal injury guy. I ended up not using him based on what I was being offered but he's an awesome attorney. Doesn't take as big of a cut as many will and breaks everything down for you. Has also written tons of books and speaks at conventions on it. Real good dude.

Virginia Injury, Medical Malpractice and Disability Attorneys | Offices in Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Dumfries, Manassas | Benjamin W. Glass III & Associates

in case you need it. His name is Ben Glass.

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R - back at it again
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) Lots o' Mods - SOLD

2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost (Toy Haulin)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EndoSJ3  
Unread
  (#18)
Parkin lot pimpin'

May 23, 2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelhumps View Post
This is a tough one to get them to accept. The adjustor I was dealing with told me they would only cover gear that is required by law.

If you've got receipts for all the gear you were wearing that will help your argument quite a bit.

I didn't get them to budge off just paying out for my helmet until I sent them receipts for and pictures of my damaged boots, gloves, jacket, and cell phone.
Yeah that adjuster was full of ...They definitely took care of my jacket, gloves, helmet, and passenger helmet that was strapped to the rear seat without even putting up a fight.

Unread
  (#19)
Sewing Machine Rider

May 23, 2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelhumps View Post

Your own insurance will likely only pay for things required by law if you crash, but if you're in an accident where you're not at fault, the negligent driver has damaged your property and should be required to pay for it.
Unread
  (#20)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

May 23, 2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoSJ3 View Post

Yeah that adjuster was full of ...They definitely took care of my jacket, gloves, helmet, and passenger helmet that was strapped to the rear seat without even putting up a fight.
Oh I have no doubt she was. I asked me lawyer about it and he told me they were on the hook for whatever I had damaged that I could also prove cost of purchase for.

Really just trying to say track down your receipts. Made my life much easier.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

XBOX - cameihumps
Unread
  (#21)
Commute racer

May 23, 2014, 11:14 AM

FWIW, progressive handed me money like I was running for office and they were big oil when I got SMIDSYed hit and run. Highly recommend.
Unread
  (#22)
Derpetologist

May 23, 2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoore View Post
FWIW, progressive handed me money like I was running for office and they were big oil when I got SMIDSYed hit and run. Highly recommend.
my experience too. The driver that hit me had Progressive, I never expected an insurance company to seem so eager to pay out.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#23)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

May 23, 2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail View Post

my experience too. The driver that hit me had Progressive, I never expected an insurance company to seem so eager to pay out.
I dealt with USAA. You would have thought I was asking for their first borns.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:

XBOX - cameihumps
Unread
  (#24)
Parkin lot pimpin'

May 23, 2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Once they pay out, you can't sue....GEICO was the same way so many of them are extremely eager to pay out because then they can close the case and that's the end of it.

Unread
  (#25)
250 cc's of awesomeness

May 23, 2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
That's because they are getting out cheap without having to deal with a lawsuit. That's good for them.
Unread
  (#26)
Your Ad Here

May 23, 2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Once they pay out, you can't sue....GEICO was the same way so many of them are extremely eager to pay out because then they can close the case and that's the end of it.
This.
The insurance companies want to mitigate their losses. So, if they know they have a pretty clear cut case where their insured was at fault - they want to get you to take the check and sign the "indemnification from further liability or claims related to the accident" paperwork as quickly as possible before you have time to consider your options or worse, retain counsel to advise you.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#27)
"Insert Something Witty"

May 23, 2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
This.
The insurance companies want to mitigate their losses. So, if they know they have a pretty clear cut case where their insured was at fault - they want to get you to take the check and sign the "indemnification from further liability or claims related to the accident" paperwork as quickly as possible before you have time to consider your options or worse, retain counsel to advise you.
We both have the same Insurance Provider...Geico. I assume this makes the fight a little harder since they are playing on both sides.

CBR - Current
R6 - Sold
Unread
  (#28)
Parkin lot pimpin'

May 23, 2014, 01:20 PM

If it's just property damage, it'll be settled relatively quickly...it's the injury part that makes everything complicated.

Unread
  (#29)
Derpetologist

May 23, 2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
If it's just property damage, it'll be settled relatively quickly...it's the injury part that makes everything complicated.
Yeah this. I was very fortunate I didn't need to file an injury claim. I still expected something of a fight though.

OP I second the advice to go get checked out ASAP if you're feeling anything from it.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#30)
GP Champ

May 23, 2014, 02:31 PM

I'm just waiting for this to happen to me. Sorry to hear about that.

'00 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R
'03 Honda XR100R
Xbox: ThrustinJ
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ThrustinJZX6