DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 605
6 members and 599 guests
2blueyam, Dark, davidcycle, dubplaya, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Crash and Rash (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f53/)
-   -   I lowsided this morning (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f53/i-lowsided-morning-43309/)

Deep October 27, 2008 09:31 AM

I lowsided this morning

My university is 5 miles from home and I was in my university trying to make the second last turn 90 degree turn .. lost the rear in the lean .. fack the supercorsas .. the race railz took most of the damage .. but I lost my left footpeg!! I had boots and jacket and as usual my left knee got road rashes .. now I am repenting the take offs :(

JMURACN October 27, 2008 09:34 AM

at least you arent seriously hurt. i guess you know all about the cold tire issues now ... remember it next time you are out and its cold lol.

Magic-Rat October 27, 2008 09:35 AM

Glad you ok.

Yup ... too cold for DOT race tires ...

steele11 October 27, 2008 09:35 AM

Damn Deep again! Maybe you should trade in for a scooter. :crackup:
You didn't wreck yesterday but this. Hope your okay.

Oneway October 27, 2008 09:40 AM

i'm starting to wonder if these slow speed "cold tire" crashes have anything to do with PSI ???

i ride on a super corsa track off rear..and mine doesn't move a muscle when i lean at 6-7am

Deep October 27, 2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneway (Post 648852)
i'm starting to wonder if these slow speed "cold tire" crashes have anything to do with PSI ???

i ride on a super corsa track off rear..and mine doesn't move a muscle when i lean at 6-7am

Yea I will lower the pressure a lil bit .. it wasnt even that cold this morning!

steele11 October 27, 2008 09:49 AM

Hey Deep does this mean you'll be lowering the asking price for your bike? I need a track bike. I'll give you 1k and some riding tips for your bike. lol

JohnnySpeed1KRR October 27, 2008 09:50 AM

Damn Deep ..... glad you are ok.

If it makes you feel better at least you didn't do like I did a few years back and lowside it in front of just about every .net member in the parking lot of Fast Eddies!! :lol:

Always remember man .... track take offs take longer to heat up on the street and with the temps only getting colder that time frame increases!!! If you are only commuting 5 min you didn't even get the tires "less cold". :lol:

It's winter time ...... lower tire preasure = more contact patch on the street.

Deep October 27, 2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steele11 (Post 648846)
Damn Deep again! Maybe you should trade in for a scooter. :crackup:
You didn't wreck yesterday but this. Hope your okay.

I am actually considering that for the winter .. by the time everthing warms up properly I am at my destination .. feel bad for the machine

Nudist October 27, 2008 09:52 AM

That poor 600RR :lol:

zx6rfool October 27, 2008 09:53 AM

Glad you werent seriously hurt.

windsorfox October 27, 2008 09:55 AM

cold tires scare the hell out of me. glad to hear you're ok. for those of you that are running DOT race rubber right now, what PSI would you reccomend for street use?

(don't mean to threadjack, just thought it would be good info for other riders in your shoes)

Deep October 27, 2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954 (Post 648865)
Damn Deep ..... glad you are ok.

If it makes you feel better at least you didn't do like I did a few years back and lowside it in front of just about every .net member in the parking lot of Fast Eddies!! :lol:

Always remember man .... track take offs take longer to heat up on the street and with the temps only getting colder that time frame increases!!! If you are only commuting 5 min you didn't even get the tires "less cold". :lol:

It's winter time ...... lower tire preasure = more contact patch on the street.

:lol: There was shuttle bus stop right there .. picked my bike up before the bus arrived .. would hate to hear from fellow graduate students "what a noob/asshole" :mygreen:

windblown October 27, 2008 10:24 AM

Ouch,

Cold tires suck. Cold DOT race tires suck even more. If you're planning on riding through the winter for commuting you might consider spooning on some sport/touring tires. They are specifically designed to develop grip at lower temps. The additional siping helps deal with the crap that tends to build on the streets during colder/dryer months as well.

dubplaya October 27, 2008 11:31 AM

thats what you get for saying irony yesterday...

I vote DEEP for .net rider who spends more time sliding than riding :slayer: