DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 565
2 members and 563 guests
Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#16)
Your Ad Here

May 24, 2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
Coming around a corner and hitting a bike that is down is not necessarily the fault of the downed rider because in order to not be able to avoid them means technically you were out riding your sightlines or riding too close. d.
Shut your mouth! Post accident many said he had no business being in the middle of the intermediate pace pack. Issues with holding a steady line in turns and maintaining a safe distance.

I was too far back to see he wasn't in the correctly paced pack for his skill level.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#17)
GP Champ

May 24, 2016, 06:47 AM

Muddafunguz tingtong

GS500 poopoo

am passé

an den

frizbeeee wheel GS5000 charpey ze lin

an makket ze zx10000 smash.

SALAD MAN WINS

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#18)
GP Racer

May 24, 2016, 08:51 AM

Not much good luck with that bike... Sucks dude. Happy to hear you made it through relatively untouched.

Was the guy even apologetic? Did he cough up some funds or what? How bad did his bike get wrecked?

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch
Unread
  (#19)
Real Men Pedal

May 24, 2016, 09:36 AM

Seriously, the guy's paying for the repairs, right? What a tool. I hate group rides.
Unread
  (#20)
Your Ad Here

May 24, 2016, 11:58 AM

I know for me, when I have two near back-to-back accidents or close calls. I tend to hang it up for a bit and write off the next few weeks while I reassess how fast my angels can fly.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#21)
Licensed Rider

May 24, 2016, 03:20 PM

Was it justdance by chance?

I raced down the street today

2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Unread
  (#22)
Real Men Pedal

May 24, 2016, 07:29 PM

Sal,

That was me who waved at you in the elementary school parking lot.
Unread
  (#23)
Triumph-ant

May 24, 2016, 09:24 PM

I've been talking to the other rider and we're working it out. Turns out he cracked two ribs which is real unfortunate. Sincere but I'm not letting him off.

Not saying it's everyone and the world's fault. I made the decision to ride in those conditions too but it's a lesson for him and everyone else on what NOT to do.

1996 GS500E - Sold
2001 Speed Triple 955i - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i - Sold
2000 Ducati 748S
Unread
  (#24)
Triumph-ant

May 24, 2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
Sal,

That was me who waved at you in the elementary school parking lot.
Hey! I thought "that guy is a rider" haha.

I pass your shop when heading to Myersville

1996 GS500E - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i - Sold
2000 Ducati 748S
Unread
  (#25)
Meh

May 24, 2016, 09:51 PM

Lucky you weren't riding with Turk...you would have been taken out from the side and behind.
Unread
  (#26)
GP Racer

May 24, 2016, 10:33 PM

Sal,

Glad youre ok. But as other have said, when youre riding with a group that you haven't ridden with before - its in your best interest to stay clear of retards.

Last year around this time I met up with a group of about 40 or so riders. It was pretty cold that day maybe 50ish degrees. But the sun was out. I immediately look at my buddy that I had showed up to the meet with, and say "Hey, not sure what your plan is but, im staying in the back. I don't know these guys, and judging from most of these dudes bikes they are gonna want to show off."

We ride from Kingstowne about 15 miles of highway to get to some twisites. Literally the 2nd turn of the road, guy comes in too hot and dumps the bike. Guy behind him target fixates, and dumps it too. My buddy, even though he kept some distance, was not able to avoid the GUY sliding in the middle of the road. He literally drives his front tire into the back of this dude. I don't know how but he kept his bike up.

If I was as close to these guys as I usually am when Im riding with people that I know, I probably would have taken a nice slide too.

For a fairly new rider, you still seem to be making headway in the right direction. Lesson learned. Count your blessings, and keep moving. Make dude pay for your shit. you can call insurance without calling cops.

Ride safe brothaman
Unread
  (#27)
Real Men Pedal

May 25, 2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_the_man View Post
Hey! I thought "that guy is a rider" haha.

I pass your shop when heading to Myersville
??

Wrong guy but we'll get together some time. Good to see you put and about. Were you doing some parking lot drills?
Unread
  (#28)
Triumph-ant

May 25, 2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
??

Wrong guy but we'll get together some time. Good to see you put and about. Were you doing some parking lot drills?
Whoops! I'm wrong

Nah just giving it a shakedown to see what else is broken

1996 GS500E - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i - Sold
2000 Ducati 748S
Unread
  (#29)
Triumph-ant

May 25, 2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkhas View Post
Sal,

Glad youre ok. But as other have said, when youre riding with a group that you haven't ridden with before - its in your best interest to stay clear of retards.

Last year around this time I met up with a group of about 40 or so riders. It was pretty cold that day maybe 50ish degrees. But the sun was out. I immediately look at my buddy that I had showed up to the meet with, and say "Hey, not sure what your plan is but, im staying in the back. I don't know these guys, and judging from most of these dudes bikes they are gonna want to show off."

We ride from Kingstowne about 15 miles of highway to get to some twisites. Literally the 2nd turn of the road, guy comes in too hot and dumps the bike. Guy behind him target fixates, and dumps it too. My buddy, even though he kept some distance, was not able to avoid the GUY sliding in the middle of the road. He literally drives his front tire into the back of this dude. I don't know how but he kept his bike up.

If I was as close to these guys as I usually am when Im riding with people that I know, I probably would have taken a nice slide too.

For a fairly new rider, you still seem to be making headway in the right direction. Lesson learned. Count your blessings, and keep moving. Make dude pay for your shit. you can call insurance without calling cops.

Ride safe brothaman

Noted, great points I understand your message. Gunna stay away from group ride for a bit. At least until the bike is back in its previous form. Still feels broken to me

1996 GS500E - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i - Sold
2000 Ducati 748S
Unread
  (#30)
Your Ad Here

May 25, 2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Lucky you weren't riding with Turk...you would have been taken out from the side and behind.
...and he would have done it with love in his heart.