DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 137
2 members and 135 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
im not a virgin anymore.....wheeee
Unread
  (#1)
need more knee down

im not a virgin anymore.....wheeee - April 7, 2010, 07:12 AM

went down at turn 1 at NJMP Lighting. Good 100+ mph and everything did its job. I ended up with a mild concussion, brusing and at this point possible ligament issues but we'll see once i can get an MIR on my shoulder.

already ordered a new slider puck, woodcraft right engine cover and liked up with KNL to shorty my cf can up under the frame and tucked away like Ryan's R1. had a set of vortex rearsets waiting in the garage so the stockers are gone too lol.

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#2)
Traction Control

April 7, 2010, 07:21 AM

Good thing u didn't put those vortex rearsets on before the TD

Now quit speeding asshole

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#3)
GET SOME ! ! !

April 7, 2010, 07:23 AM

holy crap, your head took some major impact!!!!

Glad everything did its job, any idea on what happened as far as the reason for the crash? Looks like a lowside?

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
need more knee down

April 7, 2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
holy crap, your head took some major impact!!!!

Glad everything did its job, any idea on what happened as far as the reason for the crash? Looks like a lowside?

yeh i low-sided. i over cooked the straight and lost concentration, braked too late and tried to let the front tire scrub some speed as i leaned in for turn 1, washed out from under me.

i was wide-eyed during the whole thing but blacked out in the abulance for a few seconds, most likely ebcause i got up a lil quick and all

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#5)
I got a need for Speed!_!

April 7, 2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVegaJr View Post
went down at turn 1 at NJMP Lighting. Good 100+ mph and everything did its job. I ended up with a mild concussion, brusing and at this point possible ligament issues but we'll see once i can get an MIR on my shoulder.

already ordered a new slider puck, woodcraft right engine cover and liked up with KNL to shorty my cf can up under the frame and tucked away like Ryan's R1. had a set of vortex rearsets waiting in the garage so the stockers are gone too lol.
Wow, 100+ in turn 1, do you ride with the Race/Advanced group or just forgot to use the brake? It's been awhile since I rode Lightning, hope to go this spring. Good luck with the recovery and buying some new gear, that helmet looks like a good display piece to tell tale of your accident.

TPM Red
AMA#629103
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#6)
Mojito Anyone?

April 7, 2010, 07:42 AM

damnnnnn brotha.. good thing you alright.. brake markers!!!!

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#7)
need more knee down

April 7, 2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post

Now quit speeding asshole
yep, they are going on once my shoulder is better.

100mp switching lanes like whoa? rather do it on the track then the backroads, no reason at all for me to push my limits on the straight fo sho.

~Lou
Unread
  (#8)
Elite Racing

Quote:

Funny you mention that. When I dropped his bike off at his house last week, there were two things I mentioned....

1) Change your front brake lines for the SS

2) Keep the stock rearsets on. Just. In. Case.

Lou, glad you had fun, your protective gear did it's job, and didn't suffer any more serious injuries.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Traction Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVegaJr View Post
yeh i low-sided. i over cooked the straight and lost concentration, braked too late and tried to let the front tire scrub some speed as i leaned in for turn 1, washed out from under me.

i was wide-eyed during the whole thing but blacked out in the abulance for a few seconds, most likely ebcause i got up a lil quick and all
I didn't know they called the ambalamps. damn man, must have been a rough one. get a gopro. better yet, buy my helmut cam

edit: gotta say I'm amazed at how well gear works. just a little sore shoulder after sliding on the ground at 100mph? technology is amazing

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#10)
need more knee down

April 7, 2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post
damnnnnn brotha.. good thing you alright.. brake markers!!!!

oh i hit the 3rd marker fine, issue was I was thinking about the rider that didnt give me a clean pass forcing me to stay inside and out of the race line that had me lose concentration. i was hittig turn 1 hard all day. only holding the binders from 3 to 1 marker then carrying my speed up and over the hill into turn 3. in the inside line, that wasn't possible....clearly lol.

~Lou
Unread
  (#11)
need more knee down

April 7, 2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespectralsorrows View Post
Wow, 100+ in turn 1, do you ride with the Race/Advanced group or just forgot to use the brake? It's been awhile since I rode Lightning, hope to go this spring. Good luck with the recovery and buying some new gear, that helmet looks like a good display piece to tell tale of your accident.
neither, all i know is that i was at around 10-11k in 4th before i hit the binders at marker 3. so i figure i scrubbed down speed. i was hitting turn one fast all day, it really sets u up for turn 3 when i smackit down to 3rd and redine it before getting into the turn.

~Lou
Unread
  (#12)
need more knee down

April 7, 2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I didn't know they called the ambalamps. damn man, must have been a rough one. get a gopro. better yet, buy my helmut cam

edit: gotta say I'm amazed at how well gear works. just a little sore shoulder after sliding on the ground at 100mph? technology is amazing

yeh i mentioned to matt i need some cameras. your helmet cam is $$$ though lol. i'll get some cheapo used non-hd gopros. lol

~Lou
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

April 7, 2010, 07:54 AM

Buy one of those cheap scorpions I linked.

http://sportbiketrackgear2.homestead.com/geronimo.html

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#14)
need more knee down

April 7, 2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle228 View Post

Funny you mention that. When I dropped his bike off at his house last week, there were two things I mentioned....

1) Change your front brake lines for the SS

2) Keep the stock rearsets on. Just. In. Case.

Lou, glad you had fun, your protective gear did it's job, and didn't suffer any more serious injuries.
haha i listened! ss lines were on with new fluid.

i actually think my pads crapped out on me too. i was still getting the shakes when i went hard on them. i ordered a set of vesrah's along with my replacement parts for the bike to see if that solves it.

~Lou
Unread
  (#15)
need more knee down

April 7, 2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:

yeh after the black out the lady refused to argue the point i was going to the hospital. they neck braced me and strapped me to the bed thing. matt came over to the truck and i told him i was fine but they wanted to still take me to the hospital.

~Lou