DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 234
1 members and 233 guests
MPSniper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
I'm now one of "those who have wrecked"
Unread
  (#1)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

I'm now one of "those who have wrecked" - July 30, 2009, 09:28 PM

Went down Sunday night.Not sure what happened,I went black for a while.I broke my collar bone.From the looks of my helmet and jacket,it looks like I landed in a handstand and came down on the right side of my helmet and my right shoulder.Lots of grinding on my helmet and grinded off the leather on my shoulder.Only a tiny amount of rash on my shoulder.Have a small amount of rash on the right side of my knee,had jeans on.

When I came to,I went to my bike and was trying to pick it up.There were people running up to me to help me.I was telling them to go away.I was getting frustrated because for some reason I couldn't pick up my bike.Probably had something to do with the broken bones,whadda I know

So,the ambulance shows up.....the adrenaline wears off.It wasn't pretty at this point.

Hospital gave me a sling for my collar bone,which seems to be standard protocol.I was having a lot of movement in my arm,something didn't feel right.Went back to the hospital today and more xrays discovered a broken bone in the back of my shoulder.So now I need surgery to get bolts put in,which surprise to everyone made me very happy.I want my bones put back in place and surgery is the only way it will happen.So I can't wait!

I have to admit that 95% of this spring/summer,I was squidding it...t-shirt,shorts,tennis shoes,etc.... Luckily this night,I was wearing all my gear,if you consider jeans gear

I've always justified to myself for not wearing gear was that I was just pooting around town,not going far.

I wrecked 2 blocks from my place!

I've never been to a hospital since I was 8 for stitches and always felt like it always happens to everyone else.I felt almost invincible.

I'm not.

If anyone gets anything from this.....GET HEALTH INSURANCE!!!!

All in all,I'm in great spirits and the hospital bills are pretty much gonna destroy my life,but I don't really care.I'm just happy to be alive.

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Last edited by C2H5OH; July 30, 2009 at 09:31 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Pfffft...

July 30, 2009, 09:32 PM

Dude glad to hear you are ok. Heal up and get better.

2008 GSXR-600
2005 SV650S Naked Streetfigther (Sold)
Unread
  (#3)
2 wheels for life

July 30, 2009, 09:37 PM

Sorry to hear man .. how did it happen though?

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

July 30, 2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEP View Post
Sorry to hear man .. how did it happen though?
I really have no clue.I just remember yelling at people trying to help me to get away from me. Then I remember the adrenaline wearing off. Nothing before.

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Unread
  (#5)
It was me.

July 30, 2009, 09:48 PM

Heal up quick bro.

Mohawk Ryderz Road Captain
www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GwgOmlI0ht.../s400/byah.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Widow Maker  
Unread
  (#6)
B
It goes to 11.

July 30, 2009, 09:49 PM

You were probably concussed. A concussion will cause you to be irritable, and irrational. Make sure you're good, Billy Mays died from a shot to the head over a day later.

DO NOT ride a bike without insurance. A little late for that lesson for you. Glad you're in one piece.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#7)
Pfffft...

July 30, 2009, 09:55 PM

Hmmmmm... no he didnt. From what i read.

Beloved TV pitchman Billy Mays most likely died of heart failure, not from being hit on the head during a rough landing on a US Airways flight, the medical examiner in Tampa said.
The autopsy done this morning reveals no evidence of head trauma or drug abuse, said Medical Examiner Vern Adams. A full autopsy will be completed within eight to 10 weeks.

However the gixrb is right. Get everything checked out to make sure.

2008 GSXR-600
2005 SV650S Naked Streetfigther (Sold)
Unread
  (#8)
I don't like you

July 30, 2009, 10:28 PM

Kinda similar to me....wrecked around town at a low speed but ended up in the hospital with brain hemorrhaging and a concussion. Head injuries are nothing to fuck with. No rash for me though thanks to leathers. I laugh at the people who think they are safe just putting around town because it isn't dangerous. Shit can happen anywhere. Bikes can be replaced, you cannot. Glad to hear you're ok.

RIP Jeff Vega 10/06/09 You will forever ride on in our hearts
Unread
  (#9)
GET SOME ! ! !

July 30, 2009, 10:34 PM

damn, glad to hear you are alright, good thing you were wearing gear (for the most part), heal up quick

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#10)
It's not you, its ME!!

July 30, 2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastybastard View Post
Bikes can be replaced, you cannot. Glad to hear you're ok.
+1

heal up quick and make this a learning experience for future
Unread
  (#11)
Out of Action

July 31, 2009, 07:09 AM

Sorry to hear.. I crashed and broke my collarbone on July 8th.

Still freakin' hurts

*sigh*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to SLOride  
Unread
  (#12)
someone adopt a newb

July 31, 2009, 07:16 AM

Gawd. That sucks to hear. Count yourself lucky my friend. Someone was looking out for you. Heal up and good luck.

Originally Posted by vonstallin
That shit is like wearing a condom your whole life while living in DC, but going to brazil and going bare back with all the chicks because they look better.

derilict:
So next time you feel the need to prove to the world that you should have been euthanized as a child, do it in someone else's thread.

"No such thing as to pretty to ride. The prettier they are the harder you should ride them. This is also true when it comes to woman." Nubbs

Thank you,

Management

2006 SV650: RIP
1982 Yamaha XJ650: Went old school, but moving on
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#13)
opossum puncher

July 31, 2009, 07:17 AM

Glad you are mostly ok. Heal up!

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#14)
Street Bonk Bum.....

July 31, 2009, 07:18 AM

that sux dude! heal up and feel better

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#15)
SIN MC President

July 31, 2009, 07:26 AM

Id rather burn up in leather on a summer day than get a bare asphalt massage. Glad to hear that you are embracing the positive out of it all! Bikes and gear are replaceable..you aren't!

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC