DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 590
2 members and 588 guests
beatle, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Lowside on OSDS ride to vons ride to Carnages ride
Unread
  (#1)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

Lowside on OSDS ride to vons ride to Carnages ride - April 25, 2009, 03:13 PM

So we were on ross drive (never been there before) on the way to asylum? pace was chill, and i felt totally comfortable, i was riding my own ride. So im entering this turn and im feeling comfy, but than it decreases in radius, and is off camber a lil. My toe sliders begin scrapin and im still feelin alright until the bike went out from under me. when that happened i let go and was slidng on my back. Im just really disappointed in myself because i know better than to have been leaning so hard on a road im unfamiliar with. I dont think i was going more htan 35 mph so damage to the bike was minimal and im in good shape as well. Kidcycle was behind me and he said i wasnt leaning off the bike at all, so i guess if had gotten my butt off it could have been prevented other than the obvious prevention of just slowing down. But that turn caught me off guard, i hate decreasing radius turns lol. Thanks again to OSD, Evil Joker, and Kidcycle for helping me out and sorry for making everyone late...

And I thank God cuz it could have been sooo much worse (missed wooden guard rail, no oncoming traffic, bike could have gone down the hill but taht wouldnt have been so bad, new bike with insurance claim )

Last edited by Riz; April 25, 2009 at 03:15 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG - screw face

April 25, 2009, 03:16 PM

heard about that. glad ur ok
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

April 25, 2009, 03:26 PM

We were taking it easy, too--just one of those things, I guess. I think Dave and I can both safely say that you weren't doing anything foolish, just must have jerked a little at the wrong time. Gotta be smooth when you're in that gangsta lean!

I also think it was the curb that broke your clipon clamp, but not 100% certain. You might watch ebay for a set of used plastics, or that could be taken care of with some sanding and paint. Peg and clipon clamp, and you're back in business.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#4)
It was me.

April 25, 2009, 03:37 PM

Sorry to hear it. It could happen to anyone.

Mohawk Ryderz Road Captain
www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GwgOmlI0ht.../s400/byah.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Widow Maker  
Unread
  (#5)
TPG

April 25, 2009, 03:58 PM

tippytoes
Unread
  (#6)
Signed up for Track Days!

April 25, 2009, 04:07 PM

Glad you are ok!!! At least you can still ride and no one got hurt.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

April 25, 2009, 04:56 PM

Glad you're ok. Sounds like you learned from this mistake...good job.
Unread
  (#8)
Range Rover Owner

April 25, 2009, 05:42 PM

what was your tire pressure?
Unread
  (#9)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

April 25, 2009, 05:49 PM

mmmmm not sure, looked fine tho
Unread
  (#10)
where the good spotz at ?

April 25, 2009, 05:52 PM

Just glad everything turned out for the better... ie , you walked away on your own.

I can help you fix the bike .... get the clip on clamp thing and a peg and your back on the road...we can glue the turn signal .... you can strip the plastic off and fix them while the bike will still be ride-able but just naked ... and naked is good

PM me if you want my help

DBR 4 Life
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kidcycle Send a message via AIM to kidcycle  
Unread
  (#11)
where the good spotz at ?

April 25, 2009, 05:53 PM

Crazy Kenny get you back to the CP ok ?

DBR 4 Life
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kidcycle Send a message via AIM to kidcycle  
Unread
  (#12)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 25, 2009, 05:54 PM

I am glad you are ok and the bike is fixable. As long as you learned something from it it is all good. Props for stepping up and not blaming everything around you for this happening. Good on those that helped you out also. nice to know that fellow riders are there to help out.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#13)
Derpentine Dealer

April 25, 2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
mmmmm not sure, looked fine tho
Riz, even a few PSI can make a difference in the contact patch size and how well the tires warm up. Honestly, if you start leaning that bike over this summer, you should slap on some better tires. Those that are on there now are not really up to the challenges of spirited sport riding, and they are getting long in the tooth anyway so no real loss.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

April 25, 2009, 06:09 PM

When it happened, were you

1. Totally off the throttle
2. At a set throttle position
3. Rolling on the throttle

?

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe
Unread
  (#15)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

April 25, 2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Riz, even a few PSI can make a difference in the contact patch size and how well the tires warm up. Honestly, if you start leaning that bike over this summer, you should slap on some better tires. Those that are on there now are not really up to the challenges of spirited sport riding, and they are getting long in the tooth anyway so no real loss.
Yea ill start checking out the PSI more often now. Yea i guess its time to get new tires, im stil runing the stock ones which have 13k miles on them. But i think im gonna chill on the spirited sport riding until i get an actual super sport, but of course im still gonan get my lean on lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcycle View Post
Crazy Kenny get you back to the CP ok ?
yea hes really good peoples...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcycle View Post
Just glad everything turned out for the better... ie , you walked away on your own.

I can help you fix the bike .... get the clip on clamp thing and a peg and your back on the road...we can glue the turn signal .... you can strip the plastic off and fix them while the bike will still be ride-able but just naked ... and naked is good

PM me if you want my help
Thanks a lot for all your help. we would have been out there for a while had u not known someone for hte pick up lol. Fixing it to get it moving shouildnt be so bad, i can handle the clip on and turn signals. Im not gonna get plastics fixed just yet so i guess ill ride it nbaked for a lil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
I am glad you are ok and the bike is fixable. As long as you learned something from it it is all good. Props for stepping up and not blaming everything around you for this happening. Good on those that helped you out also. nice to know that fellow riders are there to help out.
I hope i learned something from this, id liek to say i did anyways. only time will tell when i actually get on the bike again, and see if my behavior actually changes or not. but dam i just wana get back on the bike and start leaning again as soon as possible, which makes me think maybe i didnt learn anything?? lol

Ahhh weathers so nice too and i cant enjoy it... im watching torque right now thats how desperate i am....lol