DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 526
3 members and 523 guests
2blueyam, Nobrains, superchickencornermonster
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Minor OOPSIE along with another James Luck story!
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

Minor OOPSIE along with another James Luck story! - February 12, 2009, 11:28 AM

Ok….The continuing saga of “James Luck” is here..

I don’t know even where to start. Well, the season is coming closer and closer by the minute. I am doing a couple of home projects and behold I need a ladder. So, out the shed I go. I open the door and there they sit. The 10r and the 6r….waiting to go for a spin. Well, for those who don’t know, I tow my bike using a 2000 Toyota Camry (4cyl). Yeah..great. So, I started looking through the Classifieds/Craigslist/Autotrader for a used truck. Nothing to fancy or expensive – just something to tow the bike around and move some stuff when need be. After a couole of weeks, I find this great deal in Virginia – a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with only 70,000 miles. Off I go and now I am the proud owner of a Jeep…

Virginia vehicle inspection is real lax compared to Maryland’s. I expected it to fail and it did. Nothing major - Needs two new tires, align the headlights, and a new left rear axle seal. Let me start off by giving a shot out to Boomboom929 for the hookup! His friend Mitch fixes the axle seal. Another friend of mine gets me a deal on the tires. I take the truck back to the Inspection Station. The guy walks around, giving the little mechanic hit and turn…blah blah. The inspector comes back and says, “Hey..I don’t think they fixed this seal. The inspector tried to tell me that he sees tool marks on the bolts but it looks like they were never taken off. WHA?!?! Nah. The inspector said since it was still dirty, he couldn’t say for 100% that it was fixed. BASICALLY, he’s pissed off that I didn’t have him to do the work so he failed it.

After I got that dilemma taken care of, its time for the tags. There is a tag and title place right up the street. I’ve used them several times before. I walk it with title, inspection and bill of sale in hand. The guy looks through the bill of sale and precedes to tell me that they no longer except digital signatures on bill of sales from dealerships. HUH?! The dealer’s ID number is RIGHT ON THE PAPER! Nope..Cant do it. So, off to the MVA I go. The line is short and Im at the little booth for tags. She tells me the same thing. BUT, if I have them FAX a copy to them, that will be a secondary check and that’s ok. SO..wait..You wont take a digital copy but youll take a FAX?!?! HAY CARAMBA!

Jay’s guy did all the preventative stuff to the truck..ALL the fluids were flushed and replaced with BG chemicals. Well, I look underneath my truck and it seems that the. coolant flush did a really good job. That piece of crap water pump was being held together by the gunk and now its leaking. UGH! Its not a big deal – easy to fix but un firkin BELIEVEABLE!

Now, Im driving home and was thinking to myself that I really haven’t talked to my mom recently because of everything that is going on (including inauguration) and Im going to get an earful.. Lo and behold the cell phone goes off. It’s her and boy did I get it! She then asks if I have visited an old family friend like I said I was (basically my real god parents). I said no but I really wanted to go. Her response..”Well that’s nice. Maybe you can make the time in your schedule for the funeral since he died this morning!” Dude..I need a drink...Sharon..Tanya..Come get me…

SOOOOOOOO….

This weekend is pretty nice. I was catching up on the end of the projects around the house. I really wanted to go for a bike ride but I HATE the cold. I finally decide to go out on Sunday. Went out and had a blast. Roads weren’t that bad. So, I decide to go out again. I post up the ride and me and Nick675 went out for a quick spin. I put the earphones on and away we go. Typical NB route. Roads are a little slippery but nothing I wasn’t used to in the first place. Having a blast…songs ringing through my head…House of Pain…Led Zeppelin (Moby Dick)..Disturbed..Beastie Boys. You name it..I was signing it. So. We come up to the end of Friendship Road. We decide to turn right instead of left to work out way home. We must have been going about 20-30 mph. I see a parking lot for the Post Office. I decide to pull to the right to talk to Nick675 about where he wanted to go. I start to slow down and that’s when the trouble started. Well, the lot was full of loose and wet gravel. The front end left me and POW. There I am on the ground. The bike and I must have only slid about 10 feet. The frame sliders did their job. It would have not been as bas as it was but there was a lot of gravel. The frame sliders dug into the ground. I cracked the upper fairing in three places. First crack is AROUND the fairing stay. The second and third is around the intake. The middle fairing is scratched. Where the eyes are on the lower fairing to bolt it ti the middle fairing cracked right off. Bar end – Scratched. Rear tail – a TEENY WEENY rash. Other than that…bikes fine. Rode it home and everything….

As I said..As James’ life turns…

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
Super Moderator

February 12, 2009, 11:32 AM

For the first SAGA..

My crash...

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#3)
SUPERBITCHIN'

February 12, 2009, 11:33 AM

can you please post cliff notes.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#4)
TPG

February 12, 2009, 11:34 AM

sorry to hear

on another note sweet avatar and sig, love that movie
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Elite Racing

February 12, 2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva-T View Post
can you please post cliff notes.

+1

That was a long read for a not so exciting ending.

Edit - Sorry to hear about your Godfather.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#6)
TPG - screw face

February 12, 2009, 11:51 AM

sucks to hear man...was nice meetin ya though.
Unread
  (#7)
Resident Rodent

February 12, 2009, 11:56 AM

Damn, James.

Come on over, I cook you some Italian and get you drunk.

You need it.

- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

http://www.magicratproductions.com
Unread
  (#8)
TPG Bannings: III

February 12, 2009, 12:07 PM

hahahhah your truck story sounds exactly like mine, 97 blazer, bought inspected in VA, failed the shit outta MD inspection.
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

February 12, 2009, 01:27 PM

Ouch! Sorry to hear it, hope things start looking up...
Unread
  (#10)
fruta fresca

February 12, 2009, 01:42 PM

sucks, but glad you weren't hurt.
Unread
  (#11)
Groundhogs can play dead

February 16, 2009, 08:53 AM

Speaking of not having time...
I JUST now had a chance to read this!

Happy friggin' Valentine's Day, eh?

Your bike will be fine, and you will be, too. You could always wet sand them and have them painted?

Paint your bike for $450 any car color

!!!!Quality paint jobs for less!!!!!

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

February 16, 2009, 09:02 AM

+2 on the cliff notes

-RRaj
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RRaj