DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 559
2 members and 557 guests
Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
I wish you would...

September 12, 2005, 12:50 PM

I started off the day thinking I should take the Cobra to class, but decided to take the bike instead. Maybe I should have gone with my instinct...

Anyway, heres what happened. I was approaching a bus stopped at a bus stop. I'm riding the speedlimit or slower... When this guy decides he doesn't want to wait 1 minute to get stuck behind a bus and swerves into my lane which only gave me about 2-5 feet to react and stop. I squeeze on the brakes pretty hard. What caused me to colide with him is that he STOPPED! A guy infront of him decided he wanted to do the same move and not wait 1 minute to sit behind a bus. I was already using a lot of brake, and if I let go I would have too much speed to swerve around him and would risk a chance of sliding on gravel and down it in on coming traffic. I squeezed it harder and I felt myself get up on one wheel, then the impact. I went sliding/tumbling 5-10 feet.

I stood up and fell back down because of pain in my knee and that I lost my breath. Surprisingly MoCo showed up no less than 1 minute after the accident happened. The driver got a citation for unsafe lane change and I have battle scars. I was told by the officer that the driver is wanting to take it to court. I'm wondering who will be considered at fault here

Thank god for gear! My helmet and jacket took a lot of hurt. And like many of you all know, jeans don't offer any protection. I only have a few rashes on my knees, and a hurt ego. But I'm glad it wasn't any worse than this.

If anyone of you guys witness an accident, please stop and provide your information. There must have been a dozen people that saw it happen, and not one of them bothered to stop and leave their information. Even just providing your info to provide a statement later on helps.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to peterjmc  
Unread
  (#2)
Brainwash Your Face!

September 12, 2005, 12:57 PM

Glad you are "okay" let us know what happens with court.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Busa Squid

September 12, 2005, 01:02 PM

The cager probably figures that you are just a biker and that we have a bad rep so he can beat this in court. get your insurance involved ASAP so they can send their lawyers in to fry this guy.

-SeaTec
05' BUSA
07' ZX10R
Unread
  (#4)
Groundhogs can play dead

September 12, 2005, 01:03 PM

sounds like the exact reason I don't commute on the bike.. REALLY glad you're ok!

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Signed up for Track Days!

September 12, 2005, 01:13 PM

peter man. i regret gettin you into this now i feel all bad like its my fault.
glad you're ok though. we're seriously practicin some emergency maneuvers as soon as you're ready to ride again.

Sara

wtf mate?
04 FZ6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Kink  
Unread
  (#6)
Retired to most ...

September 12, 2005, 01:23 PM

Glad your GOOD TO GO MAN. I know wreckin sucks but make sure you get checked out to be safe and get your insurance company in on this immediatly.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#7)
Railing!

September 12, 2005, 01:24 PM

No one is asking the REALLY important question ...

"HOW'S THE BIKE"?

Naw, I'm glad you're OK man ... could've been MUCH worse!

<--- Whispering ... "4 real though, how's the bike"

"A true champion takes the best from all influences, discards the useless - and forms an arsenal a pure practitioner cannot (without luck) overcome" -- Bruce Lee
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cipher  
Unread
  (#8)

September 12, 2005, 01:28 PM

seriously peter.... sue the fucking hell out of that goddamn lawyer. fuckers think they can do anything because they know the "law"...... seriously... sue. sue. sue. Free college tuition.

Sara

wtf mate?
04 FZ6
Unread
  (#9)
opossum puncher

Man that freakin sucks! There was an accident and he got a citation, I would assume/hope that they will find him at fault. Unsafe lane changing is considered 'Aggressive Driving' and can carry 5 points, this is one of the times you have to hope the Judge is sick of aggressive drivers and put a gavel up his azz. BTW you may wanna get checked out.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#10)
I wish you would...

Thanks guys. I guess the pain is starting to settle in. My azz hurts like a mofo!

I wonder how long it's going to take to get this whole thing settled. I have two options... go with my insurance company right now and pay the deductible to get my bike fixed or wait until the insurance company finds who is at fault.

If I go with option 1 I have to pay my $500 deducitble and pay for any gear in excess of $1000.

If I go with option 2 and he is found at fault then I won't have to wait for the insurance company to pay me back for the deducitlbe or gear that exceeds $1000.
Unread
  (#11)

September 12, 2005, 01:36 PM

wait for the guy to pay for it all. he can trade in his beamer

Sara

wtf mate?
04 FZ6
Unread
  (#12)
Railing!

September 12, 2005, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjmc
Thanks guys. I guess the pain is starting to settle in. My azz hurts like a mofo!

I wonder how long it's going to take to get this whole thing settled. I have two options... go with my insurance company right now and pay the deductible to get my bike fixed or wait until the insurance company finds who is at fault.

If I go with option 1 I have to pay my $500 deducitble and pay for any gear in excess of $1000.

If I go with option 2 and he is found at fault then I won't have to wait for the insurance company to pay me back for the deducitlbe or gear that exceeds $1000.
As a .NETer, there's always option #3. U know how many people on this site know how to fix bikes and can hook u up playa?!. If you don't know someone directly, I'm sure someone knows someone who knows someone. I've got like 5 catz that could hook u up right now (of course they're all the way out in Winchester). But I'm sure someone knows someone local 4 u. Good Luck Homie!

"A true champion takes the best from all influences, discards the useless - and forms an arsenal a pure practitioner cannot (without luck) overcome" -- Bruce Lee
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cipher  
Unread
  (#13)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
September 12, 2005, 01:52 PM

Its his fault if he got the ticket sue the hell outta him. The Cochrane group would be happy to help you out

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#14)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

September 12, 2005, 01:56 PM

1. Start a journal detailing your pain from the accident injury.
2. Go see a doctor about your injuries.
3. Keep every single receipt. Even a co-pay. Even for a bottle of ibuprofen.
4. Be willing to fight the other driver. He pulled into your lane....around a bus. His fault otherwise the cop wouldn't have given him a ticket.
5. Don't worry about using your insurance if the other guy was ticketed. that's what it is there for.

Don't play headgames. Just be willing to fight him in court. Make sure he and the cop know that you will be there for his ticket.

It's common practice to claim you are going to fight something....follow through is another matter.

And having a paper trail of anythign related to the incident only strengthens your case.

Yeah...been on the other end of a car accident myself. Keep the trail...it will pay divedends in the long run!!!

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#15)
I wish you would...

September 12, 2005, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher
As a .NETer, there's always option #3. U know how many people on this site know how to fix bikes and can hook u up playa?!. If you don't know someone directly, I'm sure someone knows someone who knows someone. I've got like 5 catz that could hook u up right now (of course they're all the way out in Winchester). But I'm sure someone knows someone local 4 u. Good Luck Homie!
Thanks bro! If I ever need help trying to get my bike back together, I'm glad I have peeps to help me out.

Does anyone know how to check out the front forks to make sure they are ok? There is what looks like an impact mark on the bottom of the fork. I can pretty much do all the replacement stuff myself, the only think I'm unsure of is examining the fork.