DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 571
2 members and 569 guests
davidcycle, Heist
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

May 2, 2004, 10:02 AM

Well, here's the story.

Sportbikerchic, Tim and I decided to go on a little ride. Nothing too fast around here since I am WAY new to the area and I dont know how the roads are. Sportbikerchic has been around here for a while so she's having all sorts of fun. TIm's hanging in the back and I am behind Sportbikerchic. Well, this car slams on the brakes and I see SBC (Sportbikerchic) hit the brakes kinda hard. Well, since we are in a staggered formation, I hit my brakes and no prob. I stop. Well, I hear screaching brakes and I look to my side. Here comes TIM. Then, I noticed the front end dip down and it turns into a mini endo. But since he was skidding, he wasnt exactly straight. He comes down and I thought he caught it. So, it comes down and what appeared to be slow motion, it goes on it's side. And you hear a crack. There goes the brake lever flying across the road.

The worst thing about it is that he just put a new one on this morning!!

Whats the lesson here? Too much rear brake and not enough front brake. DOnt be scared of the front brake...IT WORKS!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
Richard Cranium

May 2, 2004, 10:18 AM

True that.....Had the almost identical thing happen to me a week or two ago....was behind a car propper distance and all....however when they stopped short in the middle of rt1 for no reason....reaction time ate up the distance quick....tried not to grab the front break toooo hard...and remembered from "MSF" its ok if the rear locks up (I was straight up) so the rear locked I could feel the slide and I kept applying pressure to the front break...ended up bringing the rear tire off the ground (look im a squid now) and I stopped...then the rear came back down...I know it felt like 4 feet off the ground....but you and I know it was probly an inch well anyways....learned that day...more front break however more modulation when using it.....now Ive gone out to a commuter lot and praticed breaking........

05 HEMI WK
09 M109R
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Boonie Crew Rider

May 3, 2004, 06:07 PM

Hey, that sounds familiar. Hey, that was me. hehehe.. Yea, I felt like a squid after that. My mind was racing and I was telling myself 'Dont let me hit SBC' Had I known I was going to endo it, I would have gripped down on the bike with my leg to keep me from sliding foward on the seat. I think if I had stayed straignt on the bike, I would have landed ok, and held it. Oh well.. Lesson learned for the day.. Need to find me a spot to practice panic stops, and do it better without locking up and endoing.

Hagar
Unread
  (#4)
Richard Cranium

May 4, 2004, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagarYZF
Hey, that sounds familiar. Hey, that was me. hehehe.. Yea, I felt like a squid after that. My mind was racing and I was telling myself 'Dont let me hit SBC' Had I known I was going to endo it, I would have gripped down on the bike with my leg to keep me from sliding foward on the seat. I think if I had stayed straignt on the bike, I would have landed ok, and held it. Oh well.. Lesson learned for the day.. Need to find me a spot to practice panic stops, and do it better without locking up and endoing.

Hagar
lol the only thing that saved my gnat sized nadds was my in my panic I did what any school girl would do...slammed my legs shut gripping the tank and just by pure luck thats what I needed to do...lol no sillz here..just luck.....but yea...def need to practice my stopping ...

05 HEMI WK
09 M109R
Unread
  (#5)
Mr. Glass

May 4, 2004, 10:03 AM

thats shitty meng.. i need to do the same.. ive had way too close for comfort calls lately.. need to do some parkin lot hard braking practices.. and yea ive locked up the front before and was able to save it.. but damn that ish is scurry

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman