DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 525
2 members and 523 guests
davidcycle, Heist
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
MSF Student

April 14, 2005, 09:58 AM

Well I knew it was going to happen eventually. Two of my friends (brothers) just bought bikes recently and they are both retards but one of them seemed to think he could do wheelies on a learners with only 2wks on the bike. Told him numerouse times "the bike is in control" you may think you got it, but the second you get confident the bike is gonna kick you ass.

Sure enough, last night he trys to pull a wheelie as me and the other brother are sitting at a stop sign (dumb idea) and comes down, can't stop in time, locks up his brakes, bike slides out from under him, goes in between myself and the other brothers bike (taking off his entire rearsets, gearshifter and all, bends front brake disc, disconnects brake fluid hoses) and slides out into the roadway.

Where is the rider? Well I sat there long enough for him to slam into the back of my tire with his shoulder. I then pull out into traffic to stop the cars, my girl hops off my bike and runs to his aid. I get a cager to help me move the bike out of the road. We leave the bike there and take the rider to my house to assess the damage.

In the end: Rider has real bad roadrash on knee requiring stitches.

My bike is fine

The riders brothers bike is got f***ed front brakes, a cracked fairing, broken kickstand and kickstand mount, and oil everywhere.

The riders bike (01' r6) has broken frame slider, broken crank case, busted fairings, oil covered tire, and unknown other damages.

Why is it that the noob riders never want to listen to the licensed rider who is 'supervising' them. They just don't believe it is gonna happen to them (since it has already happened to us).
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rnc_forever  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Admin

April 14, 2005, 10:05 AM

stupidity and ignorance at its best...

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

April 14, 2005, 10:48 AM

Sorry to hear about your friend but it sounds like he'll be ok. Only part about motorcycles I don't like are the egos some people have...I don't understand why people cannot set their ego aside and just enjoy the sport.
Oh well...

Glad he's ok and sorry your friend screwed up your friend's bike.

-Chris

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#4)
Asleep at the wheel!

April 14, 2005, 10:57 AM

Great story RNC. The way you told it had me laughing. I have met to many people like this (I am still a noob, only about 1000 miles on my bike). Hopefully they will now listen to you when you give advice. He is lucky he had friends around to help him out. Glad he only had minor injury and that your bike is ok.

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#5)
You meet the nicest

April 14, 2005, 11:08 AM

Some people have steeper learing curves than others.

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
Unread
  (#6)
AMA Superbike Champ

April 14, 2005, 11:18 AM

Hey, you TOLD him the stove was hot. His fault for sit'n his naked azz on it to find out for himself. *Shrug'n shoulders* Hopefully that was a lesson learned... And I'm out!! *Stomp'n off...*

RICO

'01 http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...GSXR750XK5.jpg

Ready at the drop of a spoon...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NiceTry Send a message via MSN to NiceTry  
Unread
  (#7)
MSF Student

April 14, 2005, 04:14 PM

Just got a phone call from the friend. He had to get one stitch in his kneee.... Poor baby...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rnc_forever  
Unread
  (#8)
Knee Draggin!

April 14, 2005, 05:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend rnc, but I'm glad to hear that there was no major injury to any of you. The bike(s) can be repaired. Hopefully he just learned an important leason although it's learned the expensive way.

Paul

“Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.”
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to yzf600r Send a message via AIM to yzf600r  
Unread
  (#9)
Licensed Rider

April 14, 2005, 09:47 PM

That was one expensive "single stitch requiring" ego equalizer. By the time he gets the funds together to street the bike and pay off the doc, he'll be ready to try it again. There is a fine line between genius and lunacy....
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Marine2651 Send a message via MSN to Marine2651  
Unread
  (#10)
Super Moderator

April 14, 2005, 10:10 PM

As long as he is OK... He might have to get the dumbass award of the month!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R