DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 567
3 members and 564 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Has an idiot exemption

November 30, 2003, 04:18 PM

I'm happy to report that my Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh jacket and pants did their job.
I'm sad to report that I had to do an 80-100 mph low-side to find out...
Went on a ride w/ Dan (BlueZX9) today. Did a pass over 211 at Sperryville and continued on 211 west to New Market. I like that section better as it has more fast sweepers. Weather and road conditions were perfect. Can't say the same for the rider...
I had been getting some rear tire spin on the gas coming out of corners. While I enjoy that very much it's something I knew better to do on the street. I was worried one day I would high-side.
Well...coming out of a 3rd gear left-hander the rear spun up a bit. I'm thinking "wheee"
It's hung out there pretty good and it keeps coming around. I used to do this all the time racing...no big deal, right? Just don't back off the gas and it will be fine. Wrong. I have no knee pucks to put on the ground to act as a pivot point. Peg is dragging...no big deal. Then my butt started getting pretty hot. Oh-oh...not good. Better let go of the bike as I'm not gonna save it if my ass is on the ground. Start to shift the weight off my left cheek as it's getting warmer and warmer (stop thinking ghey thoughts Diggy and Lee) and I start to tumble. I see a metal pole holding a sign. Crap...don't want to hit that. Lose sight of it as I keep tumbling. Coming to a stop...notice a big dirt hole. Right as I stop I can't keep from going in the hole head first. Crap! Now with my hurt shoulder (torn rotator cuff if you haven't been paying attention) I have a hard time pushing myself out of the hole while upside down. How embarassing! Dan said it was funny as hell to see... I'm very happy I didn't high-side.
I get up...nothing hurt but my butt is still hot. (Lee and Diggy...I'm not gonna warn you again!) Bike is in a ditch pointing the wrong way. Dan and a couple of other riders that stopped helped me get it out of the ditch so I could ride it to New Market.
HUGE thanks to Dan who stayed the whole time to make sure I was OK and he also picked up my spare parts littering the roadside. Also thanks to Trickn and Jamie for stopping by and helping put my bike in the truck. I owe you guys big time!
Crash was 100% my fault...no doubt about it. I knew better than push hard enough on the street to slide my rear tire but kept on because I'd done it on the track all the time. Bit me in the ass...literally! Jacket is just dirty. Pants wore through where I slid on my butt. I'm positive jeans would have fared much worse and leathers would have kept me from getting the little bit of rash I have. I might have been trapped under the bike for a bit. Have to check w/ Dan since he saw the whole thing. Sidi boots performed perfectly...just scuffed the replaceable parts. Please wear your gear!!!

Steve
2015 Yamaha R1
2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2003 Honda CRF 150F Mini-monster
www.cornerspeed.net
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

November 30, 2003, 07:56 PM

Dude, This happened today? Again?

Dude you go down more then a .......(Someone fill this in)

Forgot to mention, we are glad you are ok, and that you need to get your Lunchbox happy ass to the track and stay off the roads, We need you for our Bike Maint days and TWT's.

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride  
Unread
  (#3)
Has an idiot exemption

December 1, 2003, 11:26 AM

Na Rick...same wreck from September.
Just thought I'd get the ball rollin...
Once I start riding again there will be more stories to tell...

Steve
2015 Yamaha R1
2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2003 Honda CRF 150F Mini-monster
www.cornerspeed.net
  Send a message via AIM to