DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 537
5 members and 532 guests
Bunky, CCS762ZX6, GRN96WS6, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
The one time I don't wear pants
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

The one time I don't wear pants - August 15, 2008, 05:19 PM

I had a meeting yesterday morning. I didn't want to show up in full garb. I left my pants at home. I had on my boots, jacket, gloves, full face.

Coming down 28 S towards 66. The 66 West exit was backed up. Mini van's in the right lane and center lane. I'm in the left lane. I see the right lane mini van is acting squeamish/squirreling. I could tell she wasn't comfortable. I think we're past the danger. At this point I've caught up to the vans. Then the van in the right lane moves over a foot or two, towards the center lane. The red mini van in the center lane, proceeds to move 3/4 into my lane. I try to brake, but she's coming to fast. I bounce off, as she hit my bar end, I'm leaning left, I lean to my right, trying to balance. Tire(s) hit the median. The curb is about 4" high w/ a 45 degree angle.

I'm going down. Sliding, I think my head hasn't hit. Head hits, I tumble. Stop. See my bike in front of me. Flick off the mini van, as it drives off. Look back, to see if I'm going to get run over. First car is stopped. Guy gets out. Ask if I'm ok. Dude behind him says he's going to chase down the minivan.

Cops show up from my left & right. Ask if I'm ok. I'm ok, but know my knee is definately torn up. I'm more pissed that the lady didn't stop than anything.

Dude that went after the van came back. Couldn't find the van. I was surprised at that. Him and the other guy stuck around and gave reports though. I'm thankful for that.

Took me into the ambulance, asked if I wanted to go to the hospital. I said no. The officer I was talking to mentioned he rode. I had pulled my key out, to stop the bike. Ask him to see if it'll start. I hear my SV rumble to life. I went down on the right side. My Yosh looks terrible. Still sounds great.

Cops ask if I want it towed. Tell them I'm going to walk to the firetruck, about 50 yards away and back. If I'm fine, I'm riding home. I was only about 2 miles from my house, 35 mph would be the top speed limit.

I walk back & forth, doesn't feel too bad. Officer says they'll block traffic for me, let me get on and out of the way.

I got home, started to wash my knee, realized I had no idea what I was doing. Go to urgent care. Wait a couple of hours. Get my knee cleaned, x-rayed. Just road rash. Prescriptions for antibiotics & pain killers.

The bike is scratched just about everywhere on it's right side. Tail, pipe, mid pipe, tank, bar end, mirror, brake lever, frame slider, etc. Being an '02 SVS, I'm thinking that's enough to total it. We'll see what the shop says.

If it's totalled, I might get just the mechanics fixed. Might be time for something else.

Be safe out there. Wear your gear. I should've put my leg armor on under my khakis or had my overpants on, like I do everyday, when I go directly to the office.

Gear:
Boots - Side B-Ones, scratched/scuffed did a great job.
Gloves - A* SP1's (? Race model that sells for around $90) worked great, small tear at the bottom of both palms. Could feel in my palms that they had impact.
Jacket - Protect, got at Loudoun back in '01 maybe. Never seen it else where. Leather, full perf. Looks like it got dirty. Held up incredibly. Big thanks to Lizzy, who sewed armor in it about 4 years ago. Finally got to use it.
Helmet - HJC AC11, 3 small scratched areas, did it's thing. From where the scratches were, a 1/2 helmet actually would've protected me. I definately felt safer sliding w/ something between my face and the street though.
Old Navy khakis - Ripped right through, I dont' recommend for motorcycle use.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

August 15, 2008, 05:38 PM

Its hot as hell it the summer but the Aerostich Roadcrafter or one on the other similar type suit. Are on and off in 10 seconds.

Good thing you didn't get squished.
Unread
  (#3)
Now with a TBSP of love

August 15, 2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsR
The bike is scratched just about everywhere on it's right side. Tail, pipe, mid pipe, tank, bar end, mirror, brake lever, frame slider, etc. Being an '02 SVS, I'm thinking that's enough to total it. We'll see what the shop says.

If it's totalled, I might get just the mechanics fixed. Might be time for something else.
My insurance totaled mine out, without taking it to the mechanic, so you might want to make sure you have to get it checked out (if you don't want to keep it). Just an FYI

Glad you made it out alive.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Unread
  (#4)
2 wheels for life

August 15, 2008, 05:50 PM

glad you could walk away .. sux that you dont have info of the van who caused it = no insurance money
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Signed up for Track Days!

August 15, 2008, 06:18 PM

Damn!!!! Glad you're okay!!!
Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

August 15, 2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritnblk
My insurance totaled mine out, without taking it to the mechanic, so you might want to make sure you have to get it checked out (if you don't want to keep it). Just an FYI

Glad you made it out alive.
Insurance asked that I take it to a shop, admitted bikes are their specialty. .
Unread
  (#7)
Groping is a skill...

August 15, 2008, 07:36 PM

I'm gIad y0u weren't just an0ther stat. Speedy rec0very. I hate w0men drivers. I kn0w there are s0me g00d 0nes but m0st 0f them suck! They drive me crazy at h0me s0 I get 0ut 0f the h0use t0 get away and they find me there t00!

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
opossum puncher

August 15, 2008, 07:42 PM

damn sorry to hear. minivans are really out to get us.

Hope you heal up quick and get the bonk taken care of.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#9)
Nubbs ban yourself!

August 15, 2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress
I'm gIad y0u weren't just an0ther stat. Speedy rec0very. I hate w0men drivers. I kn0w there are s0me g00d 0nes but m0st 0f them suck! They drive me crazy at h0me s0 I get 0ut 0f the h0use t0 get away and they find me there t00!
Little unfair I think. This morning I was behind a guy that was driving over the white line on the right side to actually crossing over the solid yellow at times for no reason at all. I finally couldn't take it anymore and passed him and a few other cars to make some distance between us.
I have seen some guys driving so slow and unable to judge where the corners of their vehicle is that I am just amazed they got a license.
It is definitely not women only!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#10)
Ballaugh Bridge

August 15, 2008, 08:04 PM

Definitely could've been worse. I may be interested in the bike if insurance wants to total it and offers it back to you and you don't want it.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#11)
tang ama ka !!!!!!!

August 15, 2008, 08:17 PM

damn that sucks ass man !!!

glad you're ok, hit me up if you need anything

i'm just around the corner.

Anthony
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to totnac  
Unread
  (#12)
Still here

August 15, 2008, 10:38 PM

Glad to hear you're alright. Heal up!

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

August 15, 2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Gem
Do you have an obsession with the "0". I noticed you used in your response instead of "O". Yes some women drive a little crazy....but some guys cant drive for shit either!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to java927  
Unread
  (#14)
Ride the Metal Monster

August 16, 2008, 12:58 AM

Man I think that's the part that kills me the most. The minivan driver will get away. What happens to them? How do they explain to their spouse:
"Oh shit I guess I hit a deer...sideways...with plastic fur...ok look, don't Judge me, Mark. I'm not here to argue with you about screw-ups in this marriage, ok? I mean *tears up* let's not even talk about that wench Elizabeth..."

I'm sorry to hear about that shit man. I hope your insurance company steps it up and gets this resolved soon. I wonder if the driver will be wracked with guilt for the rest of his/her life? Poor show, I say.

2005 Ninja 500R - Sold!
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - Hulk Smashed!
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - Cloned. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Res ipsa loquitur. Let the good times roll.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dodeskjeggen  
Unread
  (#15)
P

August 16, 2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Turkish, that shit is hilarious! Get a new "o" for gods sake!

To the OP. Sorry to hear about that. Glad you're alright and I hope that buy some miracle you magically remember the license plate number so you can get 'em! Heal up quick!

Jah Love

2006 SV650S