DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 557
3 members and 554 guests
davidcycle, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
MSF Student

October 3, 2005, 06:57 AM

Well, with all the recent postings in the Crash and Rash section, I was getting pretty wary. But lo and behold, my time had come.

Where: Fairfax. Had just turned off off Rt 29 onto Monument Drive. Was following my buddy around the left turning bend just before you get to the apartments in front of the turn for Coastal Flats. My bud wnet first... was right behind him... I went just wide... but there was a car in the right lane in front of me. Oops, got fixated on the car, which apparently got spooked by my bud, and let off the gas immediately as I was coming right up behind him.

I got my eyes looking back where I needed to go, but then all I remember was lots of tankslapping, then the tumbling. Then I just got up, walked over to the median, and sat down.

My bud finally noticed I wasn't behind him and came back for me. Is it me or does the first thing that goes thru your mind is, "Damn, hope my bike is ok?!?"

Lots of cars stopped to ask how I was. That was nice. One brutha name Mayhew -- hope that's right -- stopped AND got out of the car to check up on me. Offered me a ride to the hospital. Very nice guy. He's done the Track thing,so knows what being banged up is like! THANKS DUDE!

I felt fine, so declined and hopped on the bike, and went to Coastal Flats to recover, get food and drink, and get my bearings. After about and hour, my ankled was balooning. So went to Fair Oaks Hospital. Result: Broken ankle.

Along with the cuts and scrapes. YES, I was WEARING MY GEAR! Yay! But my Fieldsheer Mach 4.0 mesh jacket shredded on the arms exposing my elbow area. My Helmet got some minor surface scrapes on the right side. My jeans, yes just jeans, now look really fashionable. All the holes are in the right places. Of course, all the scrapes are in the same places... both knees, left shin, right hip. My back feels like someone spent all day punching me in my right kidney. No bruises, tho'.

The important part. The bike - Ylw/Blk Honda F4i. Clamp came off my slip-on. Scrape on my right slider and right bar-end. And small scratch on right mirror. But you really can't tell the bike went over! My bud rode it home for me. Yay, my baby was saved!

Anyway, on my way to my doctor. gotta go! Be careful out there!

P.S. Can we install sliders on people! LOL!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Brainwash Your Face!

October 3, 2005, 07:09 AM

Dang...sorry about your spill. Glad you are ok though, even with the broken ankle.

Yes, you got it right....you do think about your bike 1st. Pretty sick

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#3)
Typical Stripper

October 3, 2005, 07:13 AM

Glad to see your here to post about it... Wrecks suck, but its all part of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00
Yes, you got it right....you do think about your bike 1st. Pretty sick
+1 - Its almost like being in shock, youre more worried about everything around you then yourself. Between all my wrecks (street and dirt), I have learned to stay still for a minute or so (if circumstances allow) and make sure I'm intact before moving.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
What failure looks like

October 3, 2005, 07:33 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident and it's good to hear that you learned from the situation.

When I dumped my first bike I jumped up and chased after it like I was going to stop it from flipping! I realized after about 40mins that I had some wicked rash all over my legs (squiding it with shorts and t-shirt).

My lesson was learned and I never ride w/o gear or pull wheelies. It's much more fun to me on two wheels.

'04 600RR - Street
'07 GSX-R 750 - Track only now
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to nrcooled  
Unread
  (#5)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

October 3, 2005, 07:37 AM

Glad you are ok from your spill !!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#6)
rushin' the waves

October 3, 2005, 08:25 AM

Glad that you are safe and bike is alright too! See ya on the road.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../TinyTWAT2.jpg

'03 600rr Track and Street (SOLD)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mybabyninja82  
Unread
  (#7)
Site Owner

October 3, 2005, 10:03 AM

Most important part of every wreck is learning what you did wrong and not doing it again.

So what did you learn?

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

October 3, 2005, 10:35 AM

Damn Dave!!! That must have happened like 3-5 minutes after I left you guys and diverted onto FFX Parkway from 29???? After 3hrs of football and chili i was comatose on the couch last night and saw a missed call from eddie kawasaki. Whats up with the no message Kawa?? I had an eery feeling something wasnt right. Shit, glad you werent hurt any worse than you were bro!

Heal your wheel quickly so we can get back out there!

B~

'82 Yamaha Maxim 650 (motorcycle graveyard)
'03 Yamaha R1 Blue (stolen-recovered by Anne Arundel Co. Police)
'05 Yamaha R1 Black (protected by Scorpio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTJ
Please don't waste my time wishing you could have this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
I would've punched her in the falopian tube, but I just chucked her purse.

http://www.myspace.com/11550649
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
MSF Student

October 3, 2005, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-1BobbyB
Damn Dave!!! That must have happened like 3-5 minutes after I left you guys and diverted onto FFX Parkway from 29???? After 3hrs of football and chili i was comatose on the couch last night and saw a missed call from eddie kawasaki. Whats up with the no message Kawa?? I had an eery feeling something wasnt right. Shit, glad you werent hurt any worse than you were bro!

Heal your wheel quickly so we can get back out there!

B~
He never made it to the meeting spot, and when I got the call I went around the corner and saw him laying in the grass on the median, my 1st thought was "That bike looks fine" my second thought was, "Why is he laying there, if he needs mouth to mouth he's sh*t outta luck!" Get well Dave(YellowLimp)! When you heal up I will buy you a new bike like this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big-wheel-ad.jpg (34.4 KB, 28 views)
Unread
  (#10)
Silence... I keeeel you

October 3, 2005, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowImp
The important part. The bike - Ylw/Blk Honda F4i. Clamp came off my slip-on. Scrape on my right slider and right bar-end. And small scratch on right mirror. But you really can't tell the bike went over! My bud rode it home for me. Yay, my baby was saved!
Funny how we prioritize our vehicles over our well being isn't it? All but one wreck I worried about the vehicle first. Except the time I woke up in the hospital...that time I didn't care about the car.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

October 3, 2005, 11:51 AM

Glad you are ok.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JAGULE  
Unread
  (#12)
MSF Student

October 3, 2005, 02:48 PM

Thanks for the well wishes! I am trying to rest up, but there are still things to do. Life goes on.

Today I learned, be careful on crutches going up stairs. OUCH! Ankle is even more swollen now. Ironically, I was getting ice for it when I re-tweaked it. LOL.

Ride safely all!
Unread
  (#13)
DC Chapter

October 3, 2005, 03:27 PM

Dude, wish you the speediest of recoveries. Sorry bout your accident.

"And to those who find me abrasive...it's you that's deranged" - Tourniquet

MC: Lou-Evil Psycles

Ink: Chrome Gardens Tattoos

Bands:
Division - www.division-usa.com
www.myspace.com/divisionusa
JWP - www.myspace.com/justwannaplay
Suckerpunch - www.getpunched.com

More of me - www.myspace.com/divisionnick
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Catwalk  
Unread
  (#14)
MSF Student

October 4, 2005, 12:05 AM

Damn, glad your bike and you are okay....when i went down, first thought on my mind was internal bleedings...LOL dunno why, but i fear internal bleedings more than anything...

yeah i wish we can instally body sliders...that would rock, imagine going down and only get a scratch on ur shoulder...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Souljah