DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 530
2 members and 528 guests
davidcycle, Heist
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
True Riyduh

November 8, 2004, 06:54 AM

Okay, I'm slow... just found this Crash and Rash section... Never had a reason to look for it before...

Well, P-Luva went down. Not too bad for the first time, I might add. I don't feel like writing it all down again, so here's the link for the long version.... http://www.dcsportbikes.net/index.ph...wtopic&t=10852

Basically, we started up 211 and I came around a left hander.... Started goin' wide and my instincts to do the WRONG thing won and I didn't press harder and roll more... Went wide and off the side of the road into the mud! Thank God for mud!!!! I'm fine, bike's bruised, and my newfound buddy was fine.

1. The "frame" undert he windshield - you know, where the mirrors and the gauges mount to? Kinda like a bracket? - bent down, so I had to ride home with one mirror.
2. What I call the "pinch bolt" for my right clip-on popped out, so hopefully all I have to do is get another one and screw it in place and the thing will clip back properly...
3. The right head light and the plastic is cracked and rashed (Not an immediate concern of mine, but it'd be nice to get it right for next season)
4. Got some rash and cracks on the lower right fairing. (Again, not an immediate concern)
5. And nice ding in my stock pipe... (Well, it's STOCK so.... )

Can I take use this thread to solicite any advice on how to get her back in shape? Anybody suggest a shop other than the stealership that won't rape my wallet? I'm most immediately concerned with that bracket/frame under the winshield since I can't mount my right mirror stem without it being right, and of course getting my clip-on right...

I only have those pics on that link so far, but I will post clearer one's later...
Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

I have........ no bike.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to P-Luva Send a message via AIM to P-Luva Send a message via MSN to P-Luva  
Unread
  (#2)
( * )|( * )

November 8, 2004, 08:49 AM

I think what happened to you is something that happens to just about every rider. That saying...look where you want to go is so true it's scary.
I know I've come close to running off the road a few times this year because I stared at the edge but somehow managed to look at the inside which is what saved me.

As a matter of fact, I have the world superbike video and one racer comes in too hot and you can see him looking at the gravel and he falls.
Sad part is, he was going about 10mph and could have easily saved it but when I watched closely...he was looking off track.

I'd recommend sport rider techniques, they discuss this and offer a lot of good tips. One of the million things I am working on is where I look when I am in a turn and throttle control (in slow out fast) and it has helped a great deal.

You're here to write up your story and you even made it home so you did a good job. 211 sounds dangerous at this point with the cooler temps and leaves.

-Chris

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
What's today? aah fuck it

November 8, 2004, 08:58 AM

Damn P! I'm sorry to hear about this, but at least you aren't hurt. The bike fixing will be easy, let me know if you can't find any shop in your area cuz you can always go to the place that fixed up my joint when I lowsided a while back. They were pretty fair with their prices, but the only bad thing is that its so far from you. Holla at me.
Unread
  (#4)
True Riyduh

November 8, 2004, 09:00 AM

Man, you pegged it PRECISELY!!! I was only goin' like 15 maybe 20mph... And now that I look at it my entire memory of it is the upcoming side.... Worried about goin' wide and LOOKED at it... It's funny, because I thought I was already actually past the fighting the temptation to not look through the turn! Thought I had that whole "trust the theory" down... I definately trust the theory... just gotta remember to NEVER forget it!!! LIVE and LEARN.

Now, let's hear about those repair suggestions, eh??? Anybody?

I have........ no bike.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to P-Luva Send a message via AIM to P-Luva Send a message via MSN to P-Luva  
Unread
  (#5)
True Riyduh

November 8, 2004, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer600
Damn P! I'm sorry to hear about this, but at least you aren't hurt. The bike fixing will be easy, let me know if you can't find any shop in your area cuz you can always go to the place that fixed up my joint when I lowsided a while back. They were pretty fair with their prices, but the only bad thing is that its so far from you. Holla at me.
I'll be giving YOU a call this evening!!! Distance isn't a biggie... How far you think from Arlington? Glebe Road as a matter of fact...

Only stealerships I know of around here are Ellicott City Motorsports and Herser in Laurel.... I've heard some questionable stuff about both, so...

I have........ no bike.
Unread
  (#6)
Mr. Glass

November 8, 2004, 09:23 AM

yo man, glad your alright, sounds like target fixation got ya.. important thing is your okay..

your talking about the stay bracket... i may have that...

i got 01 r6 parts layin around.. what year is yours dawg?

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#7)
Licensed Rider

November 8, 2004, 09:27 AM

dang that's makes two of us this weekend! good to know you are alright

Tom

'00 R6 - blue
'04 GS500F - blue
Unread
  (#8)
A girl must have her toys

November 8, 2004, 09:27 AM

Sorry to hear that you went down P-Luva, but happy to hear you are OK.

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#9)
True Riyduh

November 8, 2004, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminZX6R
yo man, glad your alright, sounds like target fixation got ya.. important thing is your okay..

your talking about the stay bracket... i may have that...

i got 01 r6 parts layin around.. what year is yours dawg?
Mine is an '04.... I don't think it's gonna work... I did find this picture of one online for an '01-'02... I'll post the picture just so er'body can get a good idea of what I'm talkin' about....

Thanks for all the well wishes er'body!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 140_fairfrntbrack.jpg (15.7 KB, 273 views)

I have........ no bike.
Unread
  (#10)
Ballaugh Bridge

November 8, 2004, 03:36 PM

Partsfish.com is the only place I know of online to buy new Yamaha parts. Also check the WERA and CCS message boards for racers selling their street parts.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#11)
ATTN INVESTORS!

November 8, 2004, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Luva
Man, you pegged it PRECISELY!!! I was only goin' like 15 maybe 20mph...

damn, P-Luv.....15-20? where abouts on 211? were you looking at some booty or sumthin? i've gotten caught not really paying attention and had a similar incident only i was lucky to have room to just run off without going down. glad you're in one piece.

ebay has a few listings you may want to check.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

November 8, 2004, 04:19 PM

ronayers.com has OEM Yamaha parts. You might have to call them for 04 parts as they dont list everything on their site.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#13)
True Riyduh

November 8, 2004, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoniz
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Luva
Man, you pegged it PRECISELY!!! I was only goin' like 15 maybe 20mph...

damn, P-Luv.....15-20? where abouts on 211? were you looking at some booty or sumthin? i've gotten caught not really paying attention and had a similar incident only i was lucky to have room to just run off without going down. glad you're in one piece.

ebay has a few listings you may want to check.
Look man... I was callin' myself takin' it easy... It was my first time out there... I was just startin' up the mountain... it was at the very first "tight" -if you will - left hander.... Anyway, there was no BOOTY in sight!

Yeah, I've been checkin' out Ebay and found that fairing stay... Now hopefully I can win the auction... at a price nicely below my max bid...

I have........ no bike.
Unread
  (#14)
DT
Yesssssss.....

November 8, 2004, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
ronayers.com has OEM Yamaha parts. You might have to call them for 04 parts as they dont list everything on their site.

Sorry B - got 3 more until 900...

DT .net Moderators

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#15)
True Riyduh

November 8, 2004, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
Yeah, I've been hittin' THEM up today too... Might get that mirror assembly from them... Price is bareable...

I have........ no bike.