DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 473
2 members and 471 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rider Down on Woodbridge, Old Bridge Rd
Unread
  (#1)
Nice & Smooth

Rider Down on Woodbridge, Old Bridge Rd - September 18, 2008, 08:39 AM

Like the title says...on my way to work this AM (roughyl 8am) I saw a rider donw on Woodbridge, corner of Old bridge Rd. and Hunterbrook Dr (one street down from Tacket Mill Center)

Rider was a male riding a blue/white older (02 body style) GSXR with a white and blue matchign GSXR jacket. Looks like he was sideswipped. He was on the sidewalk with paramedics when I rode by.

Anyone on this board match that description?

The dude looked a bit banged up
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to prkid424  
Unread
  (#2)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 18, 2008, 09:41 AM

Damn that is the 2nd accident that I know of this year that a rider was hit by a car....

It just hurts a lot that drivers are not aware of riders. I was in my Truck yesterday, trying to merge over to an exit, and this girl was talking on the phone and driving with her front wheels on my rear wheels. So I have my blinker on and the exit is coming up so I brake to let her go by so I can get over and she SLOWS down.....so then I speed up and she continues to drive next to me....so I honk a long time and she jumps like Oh shit, I didn't even notice there was a big ass Truck to my front right.....and she just stops to let me over...

Anyways hope the rider is ok...

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Lets Ride!!!

September 18, 2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC
Damn that is the 2nd accident that I know of this year that a rider was hit by a car....

It just hurts a lot that drivers are not aware of riders. I was in my Truck yesterday, trying to merge over to an exit, and this girl was talking on the phone and driving with her front wheels on my rear wheels. So I have my blinker on and the exit is coming up so I brake to let her go by so I can get over and she SLOWS down.....so then I speed up and she continues to drive next to me....so I honk a long time and she jumps like Oh shit, I didn't even notice there was a big ass Truck to my front right.....and she just stops to let me over...

Anyways hope the rider is ok...
Your average day driving in the dc metro area usually ends up with a story like this.

Go Hokies!!!

2007 GSXR 750 Black/Midnight Blue - sold
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

September 18, 2008, 04:00 PM

man that accident sucked too cause it took me an hour to get to work!

hope the rider is ok.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Resident Rodent

September 18, 2008, 04:36 PM

Keep alert, everybody. I do it everyday ... and 3 times a week or so, there's a close call.

Watch out for intersections (people turning left in front of you) ... and on the highway, watch out for people merging into you.

- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

http://www.magicratproductions.com
Unread
  (#6)
Doctor in the house

September 18, 2008, 05:20 PM

Do you know if it looked like this?

http://www.vonhofs.com/TL1000R/TL1000R-8_9-4-04-sm.jpg

I hope it wasnt my friend he has one and commutes in the morning from woodbridge.

"...and in those days men shall seek death and shall not find it and shall desire to die and death shall flee from them"
Unread
  (#7)
It's not you, its ME!!

September 18, 2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Rat
Keep alert, everybody. I do it everyday ... and 3 times a week or so, there's a close call.

Watch out for intersections (people turning left in front of you) ... and on the highway, watch out for people merging into you.
I agree with Rat, I had this crazy Beeotch pull a left right in front of me this morning in Crystal City, I mean I was about 5 feet from the intersection and she didn't even acknowledge me, just turned in front of me. It's a good thing that I was sort of expecting her to, cause I was already on the brakes.

So be careful out there, there are tons of dumba$$ drivers out there.

Hope the rider is doing OK.
Unread
  (#8)
2 wheels for life

September 18, 2008, 07:16 PM

Also when splitting lanes keep an eye on any flashing blinkers .. always try to have an escape route ready so even when they come in ur path without signal you dont get fucked

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

September 18, 2008, 07:46 PM

My roommate was right there when it happened this morning. Traffic was going about 20-30 mph and slowing and he rear ended the car in front of him. He went over the clip ons and into the back window of the car. He slid off, stood up for a second and then sat on the curb. Hope he ended up alright.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#10)
I got nuthin

September 18, 2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
My roommate was right there when it happened this morning. Traffic was going about 20-30 mph and slowing and he rear ended the car in front of him. He went over the clip ons and into the back window of the car. He slid off, stood up for a second and then sat on the curb. Hope he ended up alright.

stupid cagers.... damn, hope hes alright.

R.I.P. Jeff Vega

1983 Honda XR80
1989 Honda Rebel 250
1983 Yamaha Maxim 750
1986 Honda Shadow 700
2002 Ducati Monster Dark 600
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
2011 HD Sportster 1200 Custom
2001 Suzuki SV 650
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Taty  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

September 18, 2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatyfool
stupid cagers.... damn, hope hes alright.
I don't think the driver had anything to do with it. My roommate said the bike never slowed down and went straight into the back of the car.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#12)
Groping is a skill...

September 21, 2008, 06:58 PM

Damn that sucks bro. I almost rear ended a white pick up coming back from Carnages his afternoon. Fool pulled out of the bumper to bumper traffic in the middle lane onto the empty fast lane while I was doing 40-50. Luckily there was enough room on the left to slide by him and I kept my cool...

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to