DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
1 members and 539 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Say a prayer for TheIrishGuy
Unread
  (#1)
PewPew

Unhappy Say a prayer for TheIrishGuy - July 29, 2007, 12:04 PM

So TheIrishGuy and myself planned to go to Skyline and just have a chilled out ride and tak eosme pictures. I met him at Trader Joe's in Centreville where we promptly left for I-66W from 29. He had a set plan for where we'd go t get to the drive, so I figured I'd let him lead plus I like ot know a person's riding habits / abilities.

We begin making our way along the exit ramp for I-66 when he suddenly increased his speed befor ehe approached a tight right hander which exited off to the highway. I watched saying to myself aloud "You're going to fast, slow down... slow down..." but it was of no use for obvious reasons. He entered the turn at approx 1/2 - 3/4 lean angle ( I'd guess maybe 45 - 50 mph ) lean to try and make the turn, and he could have made it most likely. Not long into his entry to the turn I watch his rear wheel smoke, I think he paniced and locked up the rear wheel, which slid him out into the guard rail. After boucing against the railing several times he was thrown off in a cartwheel as his bike shot across all four lanes fo the highway to eventually rest on the shoulder next to the jersey wall. IrishGuy slid to a hault in the road ( still in the exit ramp however ) not moving. I slowed down and threw off my helmet and gloves, puling my bike to the shoulder at the end of the guard railing. A van behind me stopped as well to aide. IrishGuy was unresponsive, I held his c-spine to ensure no spinal damage would occur as I tried to move his gloves to check for a pulse.

The man who stopped in the van waved down a state trooper and waited with me, but did not come too close ( I don't blame him and I greatly appriciate his stopping ) As the trooper arrived I was still trying to remove a glove, I noticed blood from his mouth and still no response as I tried several ways to get one. Trooper Satfford called for an ambulance and assistance to close off the ramp. By the time I removed the glove the fire dept showed up and I turned it over to them.

It's not looking good, he slipped into cardiac arrest twice. The flew him to Fairfax INOVA hospital still performing CPR on scene. I knew it wasn't looking good the second I got to him, and my fears were solidified talking to the medics who stayed on scene to talk with me.

I requested Trooper Stafford to contact me upon word how his condition, I wnated to go to the hospital myself however VSP and FFX county Fire-Rescue told me to just go home and relax, there was nothing I could do at the hospital. Which was 100% correct. I'll probably go to INOVA tomorrow after work and see how things turned out.

I didn't even get his name, and not a half mile down the road all that was left is a small blood stain on the asphalt. Please, I ask everyone to pray for TheIrishGuy... he needs anything and everything he can get.

EDIT: I would also like to thank every Law enforcement Officer at the scene for their professionalism and response. They listened to the facts and ensured no detail was left unnoticed. Also would like ot thank the Fairfax County Fire Dept. for their speedy response and excellent care. Thank you.

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Last edited by NoVaGhost; July 29, 2007 at 12:07 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#2)
Posting Nothing Relevant

July 29, 2007, 12:09 PM

DAMN! i hope all ends well. he's in our thoughts.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#3)
Ride the Metal Monster

July 29, 2007, 12:11 PM

Holy shit, I just rode with him last week on Whisper's ride. Stay strong, man.

2005 Ninja 500R - Sold!
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - Hulk Smashed!
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - Cloned. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Res ipsa loquitur. Let the good times roll.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dodeskjeggen  
Unread
  (#4)
1/4 liter Duc eater

July 29, 2007, 12:11 PM

damn. hang in there, IrishGuy.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
whoa preppy......

July 29, 2007, 12:13 PM

I hope he's ok. Please don't blame yourself for what happened.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Full spin ahead.

July 29, 2007, 12:14 PM

Terrible =( I hope he pulls through quickly.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to scarab  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

July 29, 2007, 12:17 PM

What Scot said +1 -- dont blame yourself for what happened.

I very sincerely hope that IrishGuy hangs in and fights. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
tang ama ka !!!!!!!

July 29, 2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodeskjeggen
Holy shit, I just rode with him last week on Whisper's ride. Stay strong, man.
same here...

he'll be in our thoughts and prayers..

Anthony
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to totnac  
Unread
  (#9)
Owner & Creator

July 29, 2007, 12:19 PM

Do not blame yourself for the accident, could of happen to anyone of us. Keeping him in my prayers.
Unread
  (#10)
Mr. Glass

July 29, 2007, 12:19 PM

i wish him a fast recovery, keep us updated man. i hate guardrails for that reason man, they are UNFORGIVING.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#11)
PewPew

July 29, 2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot
I hope he's ok. Please don't blame yourself for what happened.
If I was leading, It probably wouldn't have happened. BUT I wasn't turning his throttle, I know it wasn't my fault... and doing Fire-Rescue for 6 years I've seen a lot. It's just different when you watch it happen to someone you were planning on having a nice easy ride in the mountains with.

I just came home, ate breakfast and gave my family a big hug.

Everyone, PLEASE ride safe... if anyone knows him and his family please let me know, I kept the "s" from his Scorpion helmet, felt wrong to leave without taking something.

I'm 100% certain the guard rail is the only reason his condition is so bad, I'm not certain but I believe his head may have hit it during his cartwheel in the air, that would explain the large gash in his helmet.

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#12)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

July 29, 2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneWill
damn. hang in there, IrishGuy.
+1

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#13)
Licensed Rider

July 29, 2007, 12:28 PM

I just checked on him and he's still at the hospital, but it is not a fatality at this point.

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

Lt. Colonel Grossman - writes in his introduction to The Bulletproof Mind:

One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident."....

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
Unread
  (#14)
Largely Unsupervised....

July 29, 2007, 12:28 PM

From his first post May 16 2007, real name Eric.

My prayers are with you [The]IrishGuy/Eric.

--------------

This has been another fine contribution from Captain Craptastic.

2014 Harley Street Glide
'08 Brass Balls Bobber
'04 KTM 625 SMC
'78 Honda CB750K (soon to be mated to sidecar)
'07 SSR 125
'99 BMW K1200RS (SOLD)
'95 Honda Z50R (donated to a buddy)
'89 CR500R (SOLD)
'83 Honda CB1100F (SOLD)
'82 Honda CB750F (SOLD)
Unread
  (#15)
Railin????

July 29, 2007, 12:30 PM

I know of Eric. That is his name. The only time I rode with him was on one of Tony's rides about a month ago. He told me he was pretty new at riding, but I felt he kept a pretty good pace. He said that was funny because a few others had said the exact same thing that day. He was riding I believe a '97 ZX-7 that needed paint and had sport touring tires on.

Fuck that sucks. If you find out any hospital info (i.e. room number, contact info for his room) please post it up as soon as you can. I'd like to go down and see him when my vertigo goes away.

You're in my thoughts Eric!

-Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8vgumby
Sorry, not all of us bobsledded out of our mother's crotch with a craftsmen tool set strapped to our foreheads.
RIP Eric Wynn (TheIrishGuy) I miss you brother!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Apple