DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 133
3 members and 130 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, MPSniper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#31)
On vacation

July 27, 2014, 10:50 PM

Holy cow, glad to hear you're able to post up even if you did take a tumble. Heal up quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#32)
opossum puncher

July 27, 2014, 11:20 PM

Oh yea forgot to mention, I got some time to walk out and inspect where I was and what happened, it looks like more than likely based on my memory (ie fuzzy recollections) it might have been an oily road and some thick paint stripes that cause the loss of traction, from which I failed to recover. And it looks like the curbing and some road signs are responsible for the broken bones and massive amount of soft tissue damage and bone bruises.

Also talked to my insurance (was moving over a car and home insurance) but found out that this incident dinged me big time, and the insurance agent said it shouldnt have and that the report was very negative but should not have based on the event. I pulled it up and the cop dinged me on a lot of false items, including drinking (this is because when I was in and out of consciousness I was asked when the last time I drank was, and I said, I havent had anything to drink since I left the party... that was my inlaws neighborhood happy hour 24 hours prior.) And my wife told the cop this and that I had taken a 3 hour nap prior to leaving for the ride. Douchebag left drinking on the report, even though the EMTs told him not to.

My insurance guy is talking to the adjuster to get this cleared but it may cause some impact to my rates transferring for less than I currently have, making the consolidation fruitless.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#33)
no one's blowing up moons

July 28, 2014, 09:34 AM

Did you get the impression the cop was the kind to leave that in his report just because you argued with him at the scene?

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
Unread
  (#34)
opossum puncher

July 28, 2014, 10:10 AM

Probably I was pushing to not get in the ambulance, and probably wasnt making much sense as I was drifting in and out of consciousness.

Im sure the officer was frustrated, my wife said that he was less than accommodating about her getting the motorcycle back to our house. Its also odd that no copies of the incident report were given to either my self or wife, I was noted as at fault but no ticket was written.

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
Unread
  (#35)
Stop light racer...

July 28, 2014, 10:26 AM

Ugh, shitty situation. About 1 year ago I was in your position, broken bones, stitches, totaled bike and loved ones relentlessly insisting that I stop riding motorcycle ... I imagine its like smoking cigs, you know its bad but can't stop.

Check the age of your tires, Recently I notice that one of my bike slips a lot in the rain. I checked the manufacture date on the tire and found that they were made in 1999! The tire has plenty of tread left but due to the age of the rubber they have very little traction/no grip in the rain... Need to replace them ASAP!

Heal up and stop riding motorcycles; they are dangerous!

- Norway Daily, 90' VFR750, V4 Touring Beast
- USA Daily, 08' Versys - Urban Assault vehicle
- Toy, 02' Ducati 900ss - Loud and angry noises
- Toy, 89' FZR600 - Raw Inline Deathbox
- Project, 91' CB250 - Goal: lightweight city bike
- Project, 79' CB350 - Finally runs, now to finish

- Sold, Red 94' VS800 - Loud as F@*$
* R.I.P. Blue 06' SV650, murdered by DC!
* R.I.P. Black 98' FZR600, murdered by DC!
- Sold, Red 81' GS650
- Sold, Black 81' CM400T
Unread
  (#36)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 28, 2014, 10:29 AM

sorry to hear

#1 Machine: Open Class Suzuki GS500K2 / Bridgestone package
#2 Machine: Factory Suzuki GSXR600K6 / Bridgestone package - Garage queen
Unread
  (#37)
no one's blowing up moons

July 28, 2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool View Post
Probably I was pushing to not get in the ambulance, and probably wasnt making much sense as I was drifting in and out of consciousness.

Im sure the officer was frustrated, my wife said that he was less than accommodating about her getting the motorcycle back to our house. Its also odd that no copies of the incident report were given to either my self or wife, I was noted as at fault but no ticket was written.
It seems like an abuse of authority to slant the outcome, falsify your record and damage your reputation because he didn't like your attitude. Personal frustration shouldn't be a factor in professional performance, particularly when it can have permanent consequences.

I can understand if he had concerns because he wasn't sure of your condition but it's not right to record that you were impaired just because you disagreed with his opinion. With no test and no proof I would think a good lawyer can get this expunged and maybe a censure for the officer. Behavior like that is self righteous bullying and dangerous, particularly as he has a gun.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
Unread
  (#38)
SRWJTS P.R.O.

July 28, 2014, 03:50 PM

glad your good yo, heal fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysDad View Post
I'm happy to share some tips too....as long as you stop saying "yo" as the end of every sentence.
Xbox- xK1NG GwuaLLax ...see me on GoW3
K6 GSXR 600 - Sold
K7 - R6s ...sold thank god
K6 GSXR - never leaving you

PITTSBURGH BOY

R.I.P Dad 8-10-2012
Unread
  (#39)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 28, 2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylezx View Post
glad your good yo, heal fast!
What about his "good yo?"

His "good yo" what?

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#40)
Site ADMIN

July 28, 2014, 04:40 PM

yes, please tell us!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#41)
opossum puncher

September 18, 2014, 11:40 AM

First time back on the bike today, rode in to work.

Bike still needs to be repaired, and it looks like it might not all be cosmetic, the radiator fan was not kicking on at 212 like it had before, so temps hit up to 218 in traffic, a few things feel a bit odd too, such as a kinda clunk when accelerating from a stop, after clutch is fully engaged. Otherwise it feels fine, still pulls like a freight train, but Ill be keeping an eye out and when I file my insurance claim soon I will note these to the shop.

Thinking Motorcycle Factory, as Im in woodbridge, maybe Colemans, thoughts, opinions?

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
Unread
  (#42)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

September 18, 2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool View Post
First time back on the bike today, rode in to work. Bike still needs to be repaired, and it looks like it might not all be cosmetic, the radiator fan was not kicking on at 212 like it had before, so temps hit up to 218 in traffic, a few things feel a bit odd too, such as a kinda clunk when accelerating from a stop, after clutch is fully engaged. Otherwise it feels fine, still pulls like a freight train, but Ill be keeping an eye out and when I file my insurance claim soon I will note these to the shop. Thinking Motorcycle Factory, as Im in woodbridge, maybe Colemans, thoughts, opinions?
I'd give you mine, but spud would probably tattle on me.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

XBOX - cameihumps
Unread
  (#43)
Site ADMIN

September 18, 2014, 12:13 PM

YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#44)
GP Champ

September 18, 2014, 12:37 PM

Good that you're feeling up to riding. Now stay off that bike until you or the shop has had a chance to give it a good inspection for proper and safe operation. No posting up about another crash due to undetected crash damage please!

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
Unread
  (#45)
Ahmad.636

October 19, 2014, 04:42 PM

i was in the hospital for 6 days once for Rhabdo. I was given double doses of diluided every 4 hours for those 6 days straight. On top of that i was given additional narcotics...Best feeling ever lol