DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 183
1 members and 182 guests
MPSniper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
So FML. bad start to the morning.
Unread
  (#1)
Signed up for Track Days!

So FML. bad start to the morning. - December 6, 2010, 11:51 AM

so leaving the gf's house today around 7am i bit it. probably a 10mph left turn that i lost it on. thinking its rider error, but cold morning, tires, road, her warm thick gloves didnt make it easier. gloves were nice, but not used to limited movement in them compared to my perforated fieldsheers. thinking that i didnt make the left soon enough, cutting too close to the median, so leaned it, throttled in, and thats what caused it. too much lean, throttle, and cold = me sliding with the bike. luckily, no traffic really on west braddock at the time it happened. guy even walked over to see if i was good, and helped me get the bike upright, being i had a backpack and helmet on. ....thinking learning how to pickup a downed bike is a good thing for me and others to learn. thank god for gear.

Quote:
Real gearheads know that you cant buy horsepower off an Autozone shelf. To play with the big boys, you've gotta pay.
-1997 Ninja 600R
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to keebler  
Unread
  (#2)
Ton Up!

December 6, 2010, 11:53 AM

Glad you are ok!

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Air-Cooled Goodness

December 6, 2010, 11:56 AM

Look at the bright side, all the crap you were wearing to keep you warm probably saved you from some injuries. Glad your ok

If it makes you feel better, today was the day that my commuter bike decided it was too cold to crank. I had to walk it a 1/2 mile to the only hill decent enough to get it started on.

-Tommy
Unread
  (#4)
Derpentine Dealer

December 6, 2010, 12:25 PM

Pirellis?

Friends don't let friends ride on Pirellis in cold weather.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

December 6, 2010, 02:00 PM

^ I doooo
Unread
  (#6)
T.R.I.T.D.H

December 6, 2010, 02:03 PM

$20 says there will be other threads like this coming soon...

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#7)
someone adopt a newb

December 6, 2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
$20 says there will be other threads like this coming soon...
+1

Saw a guy damn near dump his bike last week before I put mine up for the next few months. I cant ride in the cold anymore..stupid diabetes.

Glad you made it through ok brother. Gotta watch those cold tires.

Originally Posted by vonstallin
That shit is like wearing a condom your whole life while living in DC, but going to brazil and going bare back with all the chicks because they look better.

derilict:
So next time you feel the need to prove to the world that you should have been euthanized as a child, do it in someone else's thread.

"No such thing as to pretty to ride. The prettier they are the harder you should ride them. This is also true when it comes to woman." Nubbs

Thank you,

Management

2006 SV650: RIP
1982 Yamaha XJ650: Went old school, but moving on
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#8)
T.R.I.T.D.H

December 6, 2010, 02:25 PM

yeah I spotted ice for the first time this "wintall" season this morning (was gonna say year but uhh...we say plenty in Jan/Feb/Mar...)

be careful...out there.

I went on a quick spin Saturday afternoon....wasnt too bad until I realized the fuel leak I thought I fixed in Aug wasn't really fixed...somehow...someway it's still leaking on that hose that connnects my throttle bodies...and I had replaced the clamps AND hose with parts from Advanced...I wonder if the hose is that specific that it needs to come from Suzuki???

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#9)
Qualify or Quit

December 6, 2010, 02:43 PM

Glad to hear your alright. I took m coldtire spill two months ago and have had 3 friends take that moning spill scince that time. Hopefully u had frame sliders

-Not intended to be a factual statements.

I can't pull over......I forgot which ones the brake.

"I though that life was a bad bitch bad car,
Life is with your kids watching madagascar"
-Clipse
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

December 6, 2010, 02:46 PM

I tiptoe through turns during winter time. I usually coast through turns instead of giving throttle. It's really easy to slide out. You will notice you can do burnouts pulling away from lights really easy too. Hopefully your bike didn't sustain much damage.
Unread
  (#11)
2 wheels for life

December 6, 2010, 02:49 PM

25 psi rear .. nuff said

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
On vacation

December 6, 2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
I tiptoe through turns during winter time. I usually coast through turns instead of giving throttle. It's really easy to slide out. You will notice you can do burnouts pulling away from lights really easy too. Hopefully your bike didn't sustain much damage.
What he said. And hey, look at it from the bright side... at least you still have a bike to ride.
Unread
  (#13)
Signed up for Track Days!

December 7, 2010, 11:02 AM

lol. yea luckily im ok. and no frame sliders. engine side cover took damage as did the clutch lever, fairings, shift linkage, center stand, kick stand, mirror.....all scuffed/scraped nicely. no bar ends either.

not my bike either...so im more pissed than the GF. its got maxxis promaxx streets on it.

thinking tip toe coasting from now on..yet no more riding this winter. time to fix hers then mine.

i defintiely need to retry the picking up of a downed bike tho. i recall there being a thread or info on that awhile back possibly on this forum. bc i struggled with getting the bike up with all my gear on...as i was trying to clear the road for any traffic. one guy out of however many cars or ppl at the bus stop helped. wtf lol.

Quote:
Real gearheads know that you cant buy horsepower off an Autozone shelf. To play with the big boys, you've gotta pay.
-1997 Ninja 600R
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to keebler  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

December 7, 2010, 12:48 PM

Just follow the proper form and you'll have no problems lifting it... Don't try to lift it as much as leverage it up...
Unread
  (#15)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

December 7, 2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keebler View Post
lol. yea luckily im ok. and no frame sliders. engine side cover took damage as did the clutch lever, fairings, shift linkage, center stand, kick stand, mirror.....all scuffed/scraped nicely. no bar ends either.

not my bike either...so im more pissed than the GF. its got maxxis promaxx streets on it.

thinking tip toe coasting from now on..yet no more riding this winter. time to fix hers then mine.

i defintiely need to retry the picking up of a downed bike tho. i recall there being a thread or info on that awhile back possibly on this forum. bc i struggled with getting the bike up with all my gear on...as i was trying to clear the road for any traffic. one guy out of however many cars or ppl at the bus stop helped. wtf lol.
You bend your knees, you grab a stable, stationary portion and you lift. It's not hard. Your gear gets in the way? Sounds like your gear doesn't fit you right.

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to