DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 513
2 members and 511 guests
davidcycle, Heist
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
So nice I broke it twice.
Unread
  (#1)
opossum puncher

So nice I broke it twice. - August 11, 2007, 12:52 PM

Damn. Good ride and having a good time.

2nd in line and was pointed a dead raccoon. I see it, aim wide and point it out with my left foot, look in my mirror to make sure the guys behind can see it. When I look forward Im running wide, start to turn and it slips a bit, maybe on some gravel, maybe on the coon, I dunno, but I realize I need to stand it up and try to ride out the ditch.

In to the ditch and the bike isnt too out of control. Im looking at the road trying to find a place where the lip isnt to high to get back on, probably still doing between 30 and 40.

Bam.

A big rock smacks my foot, pushes the toes down and the force bends my rearset through my foot. This bends the rear brake leaver down locking the rear.

I come up on the street and the rear tire is locked, the bike sliding. I however am grabbing the clutch, not knowing its the brake that has locked the rear.

When I come to a stop. I hop off the bike knowing I had just broke my foot. pulled off the boot and could see blood through the sock, took off the sock and it looked like gremlins had gone to work with sledge hammers.

The guys were great, got my bike moving and off the road, an amazingly nice guy (Bryan) stopped to see if things were ok, drove me to the FEMA site right there on Blueridge mtn road and they set my foot in a pillow and made me sign a waiver refusing an ambulance to Winchester hospital.

Bryan who lives in Manassas was on his way home and offered to drive me to fairoaks hospital. I accepted.

Dropped the bike off at Chris's (THANK YOU!!!) I need to get a friend out there today to pick it up, Nick (widdowmaker) was able to bend the rear brake lever and get it unlocked so the bike is ride able.

Bryan actually hung out with me even at the hospital. Really cool guy, married, father of two, green beret, para trooper currently trains gov agents to shoot and jump, and is getting in to racing on the Hooters Pro cup.

Im so pissed cause I should have paid more attention to my own riding this was such an easily avoidable mistake, I was going slower than I have taken that same turn many times and it was not something that should have caused me trouble. Even when it did I was fine, was getting back on the road and could have kept riding and would have learned, take care of my own riding focus on everything else second.

Soooo Pissed. Broke the 4th and 5th metatarsals, probably 6 weeks in a cast. Will find out on Monday when the bone doc can set them and puts on a cast. Sooo pissed. On crutches now and cant put any weight on the foot, doc says if I shift the bones itll take surgery to set them.

The boots (Teknic) saved my foot. If I had been wearing anything else I def would have shattered all of my toes, meta's and ankle, Doc also said I would have probably lost my toes.

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR OWN RIDING!!!!!!!!!

Such a stupid way to reinforce a lesson I already knew, but didnt practice.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!

Last edited by zx6rfool; August 30, 2007 at 01:06 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

August 11, 2007, 01:08 PM

I'm SO glad you're okay -- relatively speaking. And a valuable lesson for everyone to take note of.

Yeesh. Hopefully you won't have to have surgery. Get at least 2 opinions even though it means double the appointments -- this is your walking gait we're talking about.

Thumbs up, glad you're gonna make it.

Lucy

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Tough guy

August 11, 2007, 02:38 PM

Damn Brad - 'dat sucks bro. Well I am glad you were wearing your gear and you didn't panic. Heal up soon, Fool.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#4)
You meet the nicest

August 11, 2007, 02:56 PM

OUCH! that totally sucks. I hope it heals up properly.

This incident brings to the surface a little rant that I've held inside for years. I'll post that in a separate thread 1) to keep from jacking this one 2) The rant is not directed at you personally zx6rfool, from your posts you seem like a solid dude and rider.

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Mr. Glass

August 11, 2007, 05:55 PM

glad to hear you are okay bro! Yea the lever can be bent back.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#6)
Where to????

August 11, 2007, 05:55 PM

Hope you heal up quickly as well! Don't push it!
As Far as your bike is concerned, don't sweat it if you can't get it right away. I've got space in the garage.
I'll pm you with my number in case you do want to have calll me about picking it up

Chris
08 FJR1300

aka. Sherpa

MARRC Cornerworker
Unread
  (#7)
What's today? aah fuck it

August 11, 2007, 05:59 PM

heal up buddy
Unread
  (#8)
God of the Gaps

August 11, 2007, 08:05 PM

You could be sitting there in a cast with a smashed up bike. Way to keep it up. BTW, buy a supermoto. Offroad isn't nearly as scary or dangerous on one.
Unread
  (#9)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

August 11, 2007, 08:17 PM

glad to hear you are okay

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#10)
God Made Me Wrong

August 11, 2007, 08:49 PM

Damn. Glad to hear you are generally okay and have your toes.

Hopefully no surgery will be required. Heal up soon!

"Always question those who are certain of what they are saying." - Elie Wiesel

When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Why does SnoopDogg carry an umbrella?...Fo' drizzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Stop putting shit in my papusa!
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx  
Unread
  (#11)
Crap, where'd the LT go?

August 13, 2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster
Get at least 2 opinions even though it means double the appointments -- this is your walking gait we're talking about.
Lucy's advice is key. I was in a really bad foot accident in Dec 2002. If I hadn't have gotten a 2nd opinion i would be looking at my 2nd amputation about now, the first being about june of 03. Luckily i still have the whole thing!

If you mess up your walking gait you can slowly damage the foot through years of use, and you'll be using a cane when you're 40. Your extremeties also heal slowly from lesser blood flow. Screw that noise.

As for the 1st doctor's opinion? I appreciate the help, but

A nekkid one
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to turboLT  
Unread
  (#12)
Groundhogs can play dead

August 13, 2007, 02:35 PM

Chris and I tried to find "ground zero" with no luck. What we did conclude, though, is we're really glad you didn't hit a TREE!
I hope you get better soon! Take the doctor's advice.

PS: good thing you came tubing this year, eh?!

Tanya
Unread
  (#13)
opossum puncher

August 14, 2007, 11:29 AM

Fru, the ground zero is actually closer to Chris's than I though. Its at 2088 Blueridge Mtn road. I saw the wooden gate towers accross the road, and the skipmark from my locked rear, then found the boulder that crushed my foot, you could even see a mark from the red leather of my boot. Ill post up some pics of my foot, and the site, and the bike. The pics of the site suck cause they are from a camera phone.

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
Unread
  (#14)
opossum puncher

August 14, 2007, 11:52 AM

Found it (BTW the side of the road is completly covered with sand size gravel.

Got damn stupid rock!!!

Skidmark back on road

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
Unread
  (#15)
opossum puncher

August 14, 2007, 11:56 AM

Yea, if I hadnt met Chris and yall and been able to stash my bike at his place for a bit I dont know what I would have done with it. Yall really saved my butt!

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!