DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 575
2 members and 573 guests
davidcycle, Heist
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Ballaugh Bridge

December 6, 2004, 04:22 PM

Loudoun County, Virginia- - A Loudoun woman remains in critical condition Sunday night after a motorcycle accident in South Riding.

According to members of the Sheriff’s Office Accident Reconstruction Unit, Xxxx, age 41, of South Riding, was riding a 2004 Harley Davidson motorcycle with her brother, Xxxxxxxxx., of Mount Holly Springs, PA shortly before 4 PM when the accident occurred. She apparently pulled out of her driveway in the 43200 block of Dark Wood Street, when she lost control and went across the street where she struck a light pole and then a garage of a residence two doors down.

Information at this time shows she was recently fully licensed to operate a motorcycle.

MedStar airlifted her to Washington Hospital Center where she remains hospitalized. The brother sustained injuries at the scene, but was not transported.

The incident remains under investigation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, new riders should not be carrying passengers. Allow at least year/5,000 miles or so.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Railing!

December 6, 2004, 05:29 PM

this story is why i am glad i was not injured more than i was, it sounds by the way it is written that she was doing the same thing i was (turning at low speed) and she is in the hospital and i am fine...maybe gear played into it...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to 04bluegsxr Send a message via AIM to 04bluegsxr  
Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

December 6, 2004, 05:58 PM

Cold tires, cool temps, wet roads makes for some seriously dangerous conditions. I hope she will be ok...hate reading these posts.

Everyone be very careful out there!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#4)
Zombie apocalypse yet?

December 6, 2004, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04bluegsxr
this story is why i am glad i was not injured more than i was, it sounds by the way it is written that she was doing the same thing i was (turning at low speed) and she is in the hospital and i am fine...maybe gear played into it...
I don't think so. To me it sounds like she did this. http://sv650.t3kgnosis.com/audiovisu...motorcycle.mpg You know, the whole panic-and-loose-your-mind thing.

-Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
I walked in on Steve while he was in the bathroom once, it was glorious...
2015 Grom
2013 Hayabusa
2006 VTX 1300
2002 Sportster 883 (for her)
1998 TL1000R - Sold
1991 GSXR750 (second one) - Sold
1991 GSXR750 - Sold
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DAYUIZ Send a message via AIM to DAYUIZ  
Unread
  (#5)
DT
Yesssssss.....

January 20, 2005, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYUIZ
Quote:
I don't think so. To me it sounds like she did this. http://sv650.t3kgnosis.com/audiovisu...motorcycle.mpg You know, the whole panic-and-loose-your-mind thing.

I agree with Steve. Hope she gets better.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

January 20, 2005, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
dude how can i download that mpeg file from media player, thanks

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
Unread
  (#7)
Site Owner

January 20, 2005, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Damn dude, I didn't know they had film of Jagule the first time he got on a bike!!

'watch out for the parked car'

'oh.. oh shhit!'

Anyway, hope she gets better soon. Hate to hear about these. :/

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

January 20, 2005, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
Quote:
Damn dude, I didn't know they had film of Jagule the first time he got on a bike!!

'watch out for the parked car'

'oh.. oh shhit!'

Anyway, hope she gets better soon. Hate to hear about these. :/

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
Unread
  (#9)
Spike

January 20, 2005, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Holy crap!!! That guy completely freaked out.

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#10)
Track Whore

January 20, 2005, 11:45 AM

"She apparently pulled out of her driveway in the 43200 block of Dark Wood Street, when she lost control and went across the street where she struck a light pole and then a garage of a residence two doors down."

I get the impression that she was still pulling out of her driveway. I mean, it doesn't say she was driving down the street, it says "she pulled out of her driveway when she lost control". Even if she got out of her driveway and was going down the street... how the hell do you go fast enough and lose enough control of a bike on a residential street to hit a pole and a garage TWO DOORS DOWN?!!! That's a hell of a lot of speed.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sportbikerchic  
Unread
  (#11)
What's today? aah fuck it

January 20, 2005, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikerchic
"She apparently pulled out of her driveway in the 43200 block of Dark Wood Street, when she lost control and went across the street where she struck a light pole and then a garage of a residence two doors down."

I get the impression that she was still pulling out of her driveway. I mean, it doesn't say she was driving down the street, it says "she pulled out of her driveway when she lost control". Even if she got out of her driveway and was going down the street... how the hell do you go fast enough and lose enough control of a bike on a residential street to hit a pole and a garage TWO DOORS DOWN?!!! That's a hell of a lot of speed.
That's exactly what I was about to say. How the hell can you almost kill yourself on a bike while pulling out of a driveway. I mean you can lay it down, or somehow loose balance and drop it. But to get seriously injured, you've gotta be doing something terribly, horribly wrong!
Unread
  (#12)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

January 20, 2005, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer600
Quote:

That's exactly what I was about to say. How the hell can you almost kill yourself on a bike while pulling out of a driveway. I mean you can lay it down, or somehow loose balance and drop it. But to get seriously injured, you've gotta be doing something terribly, horribly wrong!
My thoughts exactly. I was wondering how you could go that far and get that hurt by just pulling out of the driveway.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#13)
DT
Yesssssss.....

January 20, 2005, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer600
Quote:

My thoughts exactly. I was wondering how you could go that far and get that hurt by just pulling out of the driveway.
You're a yuppie, wannabe biker chic who thinks that after your "money" class in MSF, you're ready to ride the big dogs.

Thank you lady for hiking up my insurance rates.

As for the pole and the garage door two doors down??? She was probably on her cell phone.

04 600RR - SOLD

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#14)
Has an idiot exemption

January 20, 2005, 08:56 PM

Easy.
Open throttle a bit too much.
Panic.
Throttle opens rest of the way and stays there.
Boom.
Work at a bike shop long enough and you'll understand.

Steve
2015 Yamaha R1
2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2003 Honda CRF 150F Mini-monster
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#15)
DT
Yesssssss.....

January 20, 2005, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZX9
Easy.
Open throttle a bit too much.
Panic.
Throttle opens rest of the way and stays there.
Boom.
Work at a bike shop long enough and you'll understand.
Or get Smashed and wrap your buddy's around the bumper of a Tacoma in his apartment parking lot.

Bikes are easy to crash, light, powerful, and on a different note - the same guy whose bike I wrecked - dropped it 4 months later on the cold road (was drunk) and managed to take out the neighbor's mailbox two doors down.

So I see how she did it.

04 600RR - SOLD