DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 522
3 members and 519 guests
davidcycle, Heist, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
What's today? aah fuck it

June 28, 2004, 11:27 AM

My f**** neighboor's drunk ass hit and knocked over my bike last night. I'm so pissed right now!!! No doubt he was drinking, and fool actually tired to leave the scene of the accident and park somewhere else. I heard my bike fall from my room, and came out to see this guy driving away. I had dispatch on the phone, so I read them the tags. The driver realized I had seen him pull out so he stopped down the street, came back and parked normally, and tried to explain himself as if he wasn't really trying to get away.

There's not critical damage done to the bike...all cosmetic. He keeps offering me money to get it fixed and tells me not to go to the insurance company. Any thoughts/advice is welcome

Coincidentally, just hours before this incident I had taken some pictures of the bike. Here's a link to my album pix

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermi...lbum=170&pos=0
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Conform & Obey

June 28, 2004, 12:20 PM

id make up an estimate (you can probably do this yourself online) and tell him exactly what it will cost to get it fixed, if he does anything other than hand you his wallet, then call the insurance company.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to splyn  
Unread
  (#3)
MSF Student

June 28, 2004, 12:21 PM

My advice--take it to the insurance company anyway. It's his stupid-ass fault, and he needs to take responsibility for it. I've seen people get burned when being nice and agreeing to settle a car accident without the insurance company. Months later the guy still hadn't paid and when the girl called his insurance company, he'd already CANCELLED his policy with the company!! So I say, show no mercy. Especially when he was obviously trying to run away from the scene.

Good luck with it, man!
Unread
  (#4)
Licensed Rider

June 28, 2004, 12:53 PM

if it's all plastic damage and maybe a signal light or mirror...just price it online at ronayers.com or wherever you like to go..order the replacement plastics and shyt yourself, and add on like 15-20% for your labor, and throw in some new pegs or a tank bag or something ..I hate when people knock over bikes..fockers! ...plus you won't have to worry about taking it to get an estimate and all that shyt at a shop, if you just throw them on yourself.

If you have scratches or anything on your pipe make sure you get a good estimate on what it would take to fix it, and make sure you include that shyt...I've wet-sanded and buffed my pipe, but it never was the same

Good Luck!

Oh, and make sure if you do decide to go the insurance company route, that they do not count it against you in determining your risk level with your company...these insurance companies are shady sometimes.

Sex is like a game of spades; if you don't have a good partner you better have a good hand!

I luv phat a$$es...big ti!!ies are just a bonus!

No matter how lowered your CIVIC is, you won't win a race against me...that's just the way it is!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kdybread  
Unread
  (#5)
Happiness Consultant

June 28, 2004, 12:53 PM

use the insurance. just go look at how much you shell out a year for having it and the reason is clear...make that shizzit work for you!!

not to mention, your wanker neighbor needs to own up to being stupid. you pretty much take away all possibility of getting screwed when u get the insurance people that you pay involved.

good luck and sorry about your bike.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#6)
Mr. Glass

June 28, 2004, 01:46 PM

that sucks
i was just w/ you on sat.
dood hit the insurance company.. get est. and go to that foo.. if he dosnt wanna play lets beat his ass
im apologies to your bike..

id throw the sprocket into the est

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#7)
Pleased to meet me

June 28, 2004, 02:44 PM

The same thing happened to me about six years ago. The dumb lady that ran over it was nice enough to stop. She wanted to pay out of pocket as well. Use their insurance company because a non-biker will have no idea how much "that plastic stuff" costs.

Good luck.
Unread
  (#8)
What's today? aah fuck it

June 28, 2004, 04:27 PM

Thank you all for the advice!

I went out to Coleman's today and got a rough estimate on the damage. Total was approx. $1,600 w/o labor Well, considering the guy blurted out, "I'll pay you $3,000 if you want. Is that what you want? Just don't call the cops. You don't have to involve the insurance company." Keep in mind he said this last night, when he was a little tipsy. We'll see if he remembers any of that from last night. I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome, when I sit down and discuss this w/ him later today.

Usman: I already ordered my new sprkets & chain. But i can always tag along their cost w/ the est.
Unread
  (#9)
Super Moderator

June 29, 2004, 09:14 AM

Get his insurance information AT LEAST! So, its something you can hold over his head if ANYTHING GOES WRONG! Let him pay cash. Even if he drops his insurance, they still have to cover it since he was under them at the time of the accident. If you feel comfortable, let him pay you. I would call his insurance and not yours though. I dont know how Virginia works but in Maryland, if I put in a claim, MVA keeps a record of it. When Montgomery County Road crew damaged my bike, I called them and they wrote me a check. I didnt even tell my insurance company. But they know about it since I put in a claim...

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R