DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 541
2 members and 539 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

May 19, 2005, 10:09 PM

For all you riders out there, I cant tell you enough that you all need to be careful because STUFF JUST HAPPENS! Most of the old school people already know these stories. But this is for the new riders and new members!

Its all fun and games till you get hit by a detour sign!

So, a friend(kidcycle) and I are driving down Seneca Rd. It was getting toward the end of the riding season so we decided to go for a nice spin. Nothing too bad. And we weren't even going that fast! Kidcycle is up front and in front of us is a big yellow Montgomery County DPW truck. Its one lane each direction and there is a passing zone. So, Kidcycle passes the truck and I am getting ready to pass. I start to accelerate and do a quick scan to the left and then straight again. When all of a sudden this thing comes from the back at the truck spiriling to the left. So, since I am about to pass the truck, I start to slow down and go a little to the right since its going to the left. Then the wind began to blow and the thing came right at me. "Oh shit!", as I get into a tuck position and POW!!! This thing turned out to be a big ass orange detour construction sign. You know, the one made out of metal! The thing then catapaults over me. "What the f*ck?!", and I pull over. I start feeling myself and I am still all here. The truck stops and says, "Are you OK?!". I said, "Yeah, did that come off your truck?!" "Naw man..Im not carrying any signs." So, in shock, I start looking at my bike. Anti freeze is POURING out the bottom. Then the truck leaves! Kidcycle circles back and after he makes sure I am OK, He goes after the truck and gets the tag.

The sign must have hit me at about 60mph. The sign shattered my left headlight assembly, cracked my left side fairing in 2 different places, cracked my cowl induction in half and my radiator looked like someone took an axe to it. And thats just the stuff I noticed off the bat!

That sign could of easily taken off my head or any limb. This was NO JOKE. At first, the police wouldnt take a report because they said it was an ACT OF GOD. MY ASS! It was an ACT OF NEGLEGENCE! Even if it wasnt his sign and he did run over it, it is still a county sign and he spit it up when he drove over it! If any of you know me well at all, you know I aint scared of sh*t. Just like in the Triple X movie, "I live for this sh*t" as been my motto forever! But this was MESSED UP! Ya know I needed a beer after that!

Total amount of damage-$2800.00. Luckily I kept the bike up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to Puerto Rico earlier in the year to visit family. My cousin and I decide to go to La Parguera because I like to scuba dive. On the way back, there was this HUGE hole in the road and people were trying to get around it. Being the nice guy that I am, I saw two harleys that wanted to go around the hole. So, I stopped and gave them, plenty of room to get by. Well, while he was waving "Thanks", his handle bar struck my mirror and knocked the glass out. SHIT! So, I tried to go after him but by the time I turned around (traffic, hole and so on) he was GONE! DAYYYYAAMM! I have to claim this shit?! My cousin said, "You have bad luck"

So, two days later, I go to my uncles house and park right in front. I get out of the car and go in. I wasnt even in the house for more than 20 seconds when all of a sudden....BAM!!!!CRUNCH!!! I said, "Please dont let that be my car!" I ran out and guess what. It was. This Ford Explorer with this old guy driving, ran over my Toyota Corolla. And when I say - ran over, I mean RAN OVER! He hit the car on the passenger side and drove right over the side but none of the windows broke! I ran to the car and then while holding the truck from rolling over and pulled the dude out! I asked him WHAT HAPPENED. His answer - I dunno... Me - "You drunk?" Him - "No.." Me - "On drugs?" Him - "No.." Me - "Then what the HELL happened?!" Well, needless to say, the cops came out and took a report. Getting the damn thing down was a trick in itself. Well, National was kind enough to bring me another car by 1:00 in the morning. The accident happened at 8:30. And NO, he wasnt drunk or ANYTHING!

When I went to return the car to National, I showed them the photo's and they COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!! They thought I was LYING! The manager almost fell over!

Pictures!!

So, after that, I wasn't going to let what happpened to me get me down. My friend and I were going to go visit a couple of Caves and the second biggest radio telescope in the world. We were driving up a mountain and we see a sign that says "Beware of Cows crossing!" "No friggin way! I said to myself so I was taking it REALLY EASY in my newly delivered PT Cruiser. After were coming down the mountain, I started thinking. What else could happen to me? AT THAT VERY SECOND a stray dog runs out from the grass and POW! I hit it and cut that bad boy right in half! UN FRIGGIN BELIEVABLE!! I look around...No one around. The LAST thing I needed to see is a little kid run out crying yelling, "You killed my dog!"" But we were in the mountains and there were NO houses anywhere around.

SO PLEASE! Take it easy and take an extra second to go home safely!!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
Track Whore

May 19, 2005, 10:18 PM

Note to self: Give James extra distance when riding with him. HE'S CURSED!!!

Good lesson though. You can be the safest person in the world, but shit still happens! Take it easy folks!

FifteenFive.com
NESBA CR, WERA #155
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sportbikerchic  
Unread
  (#3)
Super Moderator

May 19, 2005, 10:19 PM

funny

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#4)
I'm so tired

May 19, 2005, 10:22 PM

Great Pic's. I would've had a hard time believeing all that stuff. Chick is right...I will stay way in back when out riding with you. Glad that you are all safe though. That is what counts the most.

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Track Whore

May 19, 2005, 10:24 PM

All in love man. Seriously, I ride with you any day. You're top knotch and uber safe. Just got some wacky bad luck I guess.

FifteenFive.com
NESBA CR, WERA #155
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sportbikerchic  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

May 20, 2005, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikerchic

Good lesson though. You can be the safest person in the world, but shit still happens! Take it easy folks!

I like riding w/James!
He's a bad-luck magnet.....
so I don't have to worry 'bout a thing!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not
only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public.” -Theodore Roosevelt
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to OneFunR6  
Unread
  (#7)
Super Moderator

May 20, 2005, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFunR6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikerchic

I like riding w/James!
He's a bad-luck magnet.....
so I don't have to worry 'bout a thing!

GREAT.... THANKS!!

-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
Unread
  (#8)
AMA Superbike Champ

June 11, 2005, 08:49 AM

Damn James... hats off to you man!! With all the shit that happens to you... you are still in one piece?!?!
Technically you are one lucky S.O.B, that other stuff can easily be replaced... here you live to tell about it.

RICO

'01 http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...GSXR750XK5.jpg

Ready at the drop of a spoon...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NiceTry Send a message via MSN to NiceTry  
Unread
  (#9)
Licensed Rider

June 11, 2005, 01:13 PM

WOW! Does National even let you rent cars at all anymore?

I guess shit happens - and a whole lot of it to you. Good lessons, though, indeed.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to asteele2