DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
4 members and 558 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Heist, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 19, 2005, 12:25 PM

I was talking to someone the otherday about wrecks (especially after we all saw one at the track) and seeing it can spook a person. It can really take its toll when you want to get faster and you know that you have to take some sort of risk but you want to come out in one piece. Am I the only one that hasn't improved much since my wreck? If you haven't improved, what steps are you willing to take to get better? Do you want to get better?

G-Dog is listening with a empathetic ear.

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

April 19, 2005, 12:27 PM

my big improvement was slowing down. I learned that putting loved ones through that kinda shit if selfish and not worth it. I ride to ride tomorrow.

If you drink and ride, I have no pity for you. At all, ever.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

April 19, 2005, 12:30 PM

You definetly don't need to take risks to get faster. You can, say, spend money for schools and training, learn technique, and most importantly, realize that your not Sete or Rossi and make it fun at the speed your comfortable with.

'00 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R
'03 Honda XR100R
Xbox: ThrustinJ
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ThrustinJZX6  
Unread
  (#4)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

April 19, 2005, 12:41 PM

Yo G-dogg I will discuss this subject with you in person mang! I am sure you remember most of my Accidents and stories from the past.

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#5)
Got Any Gwapes?

April 19, 2005, 12:58 PM

One of the best ways to learn...not make excuses. What did I do wrong? What could I have done differently? How can I prevent it from happening in the future? What have I learned?

The most common mistake is to blame everybody/everything but yourself.

Wanna learn?....take responsiblity

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocaust"

*GODFATHER*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to boomboom929  
Unread
  (#6)
Track Ho

April 19, 2005, 12:58 PM

wrecks suck but you have to learn from them, too many people give up like I almost did after mine, but you gotta learn from it just like anything else in life, ask yourself, why did I wreck, was I going in too hott, was I too tired, not paying attention, not looking through, not set up for the turn, a lot of wrecks are just solo error, so take some time to rethink what you did, ask yourself was I trying to keep up with someone that is faster?....bad line?....did you give up?.....go over that stuff in your head and really work on it, you will improve, you have to trust yourself, after a wreck you have very valuable knowledge, next time you come across the same problem, you are ready for it, you can say bring it, I got this sht

oh yeah and riding with good friends will bring you back too
Unread
  (#7)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 19, 2005, 01:00 PM

yeah, Chico but you didn't REALLY post on the board that you uh.....slipped. No one really learned from your experience. Me, I'm not embarrassed to say I went to the hospital and I'm not saying anyone should say when they crash. All I'm saying is if you ride with others and they wonder "Is that person ok?" There maybe an issue that hasn't been resolved and they may need help. I just like to help people. I'm an open book. Boring but open. I just watch myself on the curves as you know and go home happy but I still want to improve. You know the deal.

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#8)
MSF Student

April 19, 2005, 01:11 PM

I wrecked... and what i learned from my wreck is that doing wheelies is too risky. The most important thing i learned from my wreck was that no matter how good i THOUGHT i was... the bike is still in control, and always will be.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rnc_forever  
Unread
  (#9)
noise

April 19, 2005, 02:37 PM

FEAR... It will stop you cold IF you let it.

whenI went down just cruising on the gixxer 3 years ago, I couldn't get back on the bike right away the controls were damaged. So my mind went thru the "what the hell happened?" It was an unlit exit ramp, I was not railing nor anything close... There was a large streak of oil on the ramp which caused me to loose traction. I was doing fine and in an instant I was DOWN and tumbling! Took me a good 4 months before I got my confidence back... I was scared to hit the asphalt, any sort of lean felt like I was going down again. Eventually, I fought that roadblock and won.

2nd time, the following year on a different bike I went down in Clifton. 4 of us decided to go for a Pre-BBQ ride. I was coming down Lee Chapel where the double tight turns are between the field. I knew I was moving at a good clip, banked her over... as I was straightening the bike I gave TOO MUCH throttle for the lean and the rear spun up... hardly any damage to me and bike. I wanted to get on it and ride ASAP to get over that "fear" that I knew would come. I thought about what I did wrong and learned from it.... It didn't bother me that time for long...

Hope that helped a little.

I read books and reread them... funny how you find out what NOT to do... and work on them.
Unread
  (#10)
What's today? aah fuck it

April 19, 2005, 02:49 PM

After my wreck, I got back on and attacked my weakness. When my bike was out of the shop, first thing I did after getting comfortable with it was going to that same road I wrecked in and riding it a few times. I think if you have a fear, you have to attack it head on if you want to overcome it.

Turns out it wasn't fear that I had to overcome, it was poor riding technique. I did not have the proper knowledge and techniques when I wrecked. I wasn't leaning off the bike. Now I do...
Unread
  (#11)
Got my Permit

April 19, 2005, 03:10 PM

Since my first accident I haven't been in an emergency braking situation but I practice braking in parking lots on occasion and I've really re-evaluated my use of the rear brake particularly in those situations.

I've only ridden a couple of times since my 2nd accident 2 weeks ago. After the accident I couldn't wait to get on the interstate so I wouldn't have to lean through anymore turns. I still enjoy riding and can't wait to get back on some twisties though I'm sure it'll be awhile before I push myself again. I'll probably re-read Twist of the Wrist 1 & 2. And most of all I'll listen to myself more. There were a few turns right before the accident that I thought I was pushing it too much and the thought was in my head that I was going to wreck, so I don't know if I kinda gave up in that curve and just let it happen or not. I could tell myself how tired I was, etc but to me they sound like excuses so I focus on the technical mistakes I made and work on not doing them again.
Unread
  (#12)
You meet the nicest

April 19, 2005, 04:11 PM

This is a great thread G!

Keep up the good posts

Sorry I have nothing to contribute.

I've never crashed

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
Unread
  (#13)
Site Admin

April 19, 2005, 04:33 PM

i spent countless times thinkn about what i did wrong, how did it happen? i replayed the lowside in my head like a broken record. I almost gave up, but I pushed back on fear, rode with people who were better than me, after about 6 months, i one day just got my confidence back.It was a long struggle to get back to where i was, but persistence, and riding with people that are willing to help you out contributed greatly to my return. Work on the technique, relearn the bike, get hte basics back down, and expand you skill level from there.

G hit me up sometime, i'll be glad to work with you and help you get your riding technique back.
Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

April 19, 2005, 04:36 PM

On my first wreck....I was just plain stupid but after I got on the bike the next I was tottally scared. Knees Shakin and shit. I did have good friends that understood and pushed me to ride to get comfortable again. I never really felt comfortable again till I started going to the track. I've been down on the track two times but it really didn't effect me much. Eventhough I couldn't identify the problem It is always good to blame something. You don't want to be riding with a little voice saying its gonna happen again. All in All I think the best medicne is to just ride and get comfortable and then hit the track. It doesn't have to be ball to walls track day. Just go and have fun If your slow so be it, but I gurantee you will get more comfortable. It is also good to have people to ride with. People at your same level or better but that don't show off and are alway trying to prove shit.

my 2 cents
Unread
  (#15)
Owner & Creator

May 2, 2005, 09:46 AM

First Wreck didn't know how to ride, learned how to ride from following FlipnR6 and then moved up to RRonin. The wreck on 211 slowed me down for almost a month, but my wrecks at the track don't effect me at all. I've learned that we will all go down. But only some of us can get back up and ride like nothing happen. I ride within my limit on the street, and ride with my head not my balls