DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 565
4 members and 561 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Heist, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Retired to most ...

June 1, 2005, 10:31 AM

Welp it finally hapened. I put the 954 down hard this morning. First lemme say Im ok but Im busted up pretty bad. Anyway......I was doin about 45-55 on inovation ave. leaving my apartment complex for work. Dont know if any of you have been down this road but its full of pretty easy turns but the grass had not been mowed all year so it was like 5 feet tall. They finaly got out tere this morning to cut it. As I was coming around a right turn in the left lane they were useing a tractor pulled mower to do the meadian. As I came up on the mower he swerved hard out into the road in front of me and then back into the meadian like he was trien not to hit something that was laying in the grass. I cut into the right lane but as the mower came across open air it covered me and the left sid eof the bike with WET GRASS and pollen. I lost traction immediatly and the bike started to slide out from under me. Then came my retard mistake........I locked the front brake up which of course stood the bike up again and I slammed into the curb and tossed the bike. I slid for a good while as the bike tummbled over and over right next to me.....

Now comes the part where I GET PISSED!!!!! There were at least 15 guys out there workin on the grass.....I slid to a stop less then 10 feet from one of them......made eye contact with him.........NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE MOTHER FUCKIN ASS LICKIN COCK SMOKIN NO TALENT ASS CLOWNS came over to me. The dude I slid to a stop in front of picked up his trash bag and walked away from me like it never happened!!!!!!

Now keep in mind my bike is layin in the grass off the side of the road smoking and Im layin the gutter busted to shit and not movin cause my hip was instantly swollen and Ive got road rash all over me and cars are SPEEDING by me and NO ONE STOPED!!! After a few min. I picked myself up and made my way over to my bike and a Herndon police officer DROVE RIGHT BY ME.....NEVER FUCKIN STOPED!!!! WHAT THE FUCK....I started yellin and cusing and the guys mowin the lawn kept right on workin!!!!!

Ive got nasty road rash on my left forarm and a little on my right elbow, left hip, outside right thigh and all over my left knee. My big toe on my right foot is jammed bad and I cant bend it. The big concern I have right now is my left hip. Its swollen up huge and I cant walk very far at all.

The 954 is not too bad. Needs a new front farring and windsheild. New left mirror. Snaped the shifter off clean but I rode it back to my house in 1st gear only. Need new front turn signals (Clemson Ill change them now so I can be as fast as you). Thats all Ive really seen so far but I really have not taken a good look at it cause I just got back from the hospital. Ill have her fixed in no time but any help you guys and ladies could offer would be great.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#2)
Ride fast, ride safe

June 1, 2005, 10:34 AM

Wow, dude. Those guys are messed up. Especially the cop. Never put much stock in Herdon police.

Get well man.

Silver '04 CBR1000RR
"It's for freedom that He set us free."
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...4/1_honda2.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
MSF Student

June 1, 2005, 10:35 AM

Wow the cop drove by you? That is ILLEGAL as hell. Glad to hear your okay, heal quick.

"Whatever I feel like I wanna do Gosh"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to twiztid_child4u Send a message via AIM to twiztid_child4u  
Unread
  (#4)
Nothing here

June 1, 2005, 10:35 AM

Unless I'm missing something, you shouldn't have left. Sounds like the lawn guy caused your accident and you would have had a claim. He did encroach into your lane right?

And glad to hear you're ok.
Unread
  (#5)
Happiness Consultant

June 1, 2005, 10:39 AM

Considering it could've been a lot worse, its good to hear you're still with us. sux that all those peeps didn't even try to help you. Im really surprised that the cop didn't help you either. Protect and Serve.... looks like he/she failed.

Take care.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

June 1, 2005, 10:41 AM

I hope you go to see a doctor today! Glad you are OK but get checked TODAY

To be truley successful in life is to be loved, honored and respected for who you are and the principles you represent in life.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/11576/humorsign.gif[/img]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to solo  
Unread
  (#7)
Retired to most ...

June 1, 2005, 10:44 AM

I would have stuck around but I was and still am hurtin pretty bad.......I dunno if I can get them for anything cause I only got liability on my bike and I dont have health insurance. Im not sure what to do about all this.....my girlfriend made some calls but Im not sure what to do. I did leave a part out...the cop that drove by did come back like 5 min later and gave me his card but said there was nothing he could do cause it happened in loudon county and he was a herndon cop. So I do have a witness but wil it do me any good????

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#8)
tang ama ka !!!!!!!

June 1, 2005, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madali
Unless I'm missing something, you shouldn't have left. Sounds like the lawn guy caused your accident and you would have had a claim. He did encroach into your lane right?

And glad to hear you're ok.
+1, you should've called 911 from the accident site....

gload you're ok tho...

Anthony
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to totnac  
Unread
  (#9)
A girl must have her toys

June 1, 2005, 10:45 AM

Why did you leave....? Can you say big Lawsuit! Well not anymore since you left the scene....

As for the Cop.... Warren! I demand an explanation. You should have written down his car number and reported his ass as you called 911.

Glad to hear you are semi-fine. Go get your hip checked. If it is dislocated you need to get it checked ASAP or you will forever walk with a limp.

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#10)
Licensed Rider

June 1, 2005, 10:46 AM

that sucks man. Glad you are ok. You now those were probably illegals. they dont want no trouble to come to them so that means F you. Damn man...hope you feel better.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Azraely2k  
Unread
  (#11)
AMA Superbike Champ

June 1, 2005, 10:49 AM

Definitely sucks to hear that Johnny, but glad to hear your ok. That landscape'n company should be pick'n up the tab for your injuries and your bike man! THAT is why they ignored you!!

RICO

'01 http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...GSXR750XK5.jpg

Ready at the drop of a spoon...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NiceTry Send a message via MSN to NiceTry  
Unread
  (#12)
> 6'3" need not apply!

June 1, 2005, 10:49 AM

Sorry to hear that! What did the doc say about your hip?? I guess Herndon police didn't stop because, since your bike was laying down, it couldn't have been speeding! That's the only time they want to stop. Now, if it had been sliding when the cop passed, they would have stopped because it MAY have been speeding in it's slide!

Hope you get better but glad you're okay.

Stacey
Blue 2005 SV650S (totaled)

Unread
  (#13)
Nothing here

June 1, 2005, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954
I would have stuck around but I was and still am hurtin pretty bad.......I dunno if I can get them for anything cause I only got liability on my bike and I dont have health insurance. Im not sure what to do about all this.....my girlfriend made some calls but Im not sure what to do. I did leave a part out...the cop that drove by did come back like 5 min later and gave me his card but said there was nothing he could do cause it happened in loudon county and he was a herndon cop. So I do have a witness but wil it do me any good????
Call that cop's number on the card NOW! Get him to agree to be a witness and also call the Loudoun Co. cops. It sucks you left but maybe you can still salvage this somehow. I can't believe that he said there is nothing he can do! WTF is that? He could have contacted the proper jurisdiction for you! I'd call his supervisor too (after he agrees to witness).
Unread
  (#14)
A girl must have her toys

June 1, 2005, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madali
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954
Call that cop's number on the card NOW! Get him to agree to be a witness and also call the Loudoun Co. cops. It sucks you left but maybe you can still salvage this somehow. I can't believe that he said there is nothing he can do! WTF is that? He could have contacted the proper jurisdiction for you! I'd call his supervisor too (after he agrees to witness).

OK.. that explains a little. He still should have stopped and called the police. Did you get the name of the company doing the road work? Were they county employees or a private company. It does not matter that you only have liability. If they caused the accident they are liable.

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#15)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 1, 2005, 11:00 AM

Wow...
You never know what someone else is thinking, so I couldn't fathom why none of the guys came over to you. Maybe you sat up and they assumed you were ok. Maybe they didn't think they could communicate with you...
I'm glad you're ok. I understand the no health insurance thing. Get yourself fixed up and worry about it later. Your bill will probably be less than $5,000. It depends on what else happened.
Also, you can set up a payment plan with the hospital if you need to.
Also, if there were "mowers ahead" signs, you might not have a case... you can go back now and see if they are still working there, or you can think about all of that while you're waiting in the emergency room. All I know is it's $250 to walk in the emergecy room door. They'll charge you for every little thing, too: drugs, bandages, crutches, etc. But, it's worth it if you're able to walk right later on.
If you're not bleeding anywhere, that's good, you don't have to worry about stitches, but internal injuries can be a lot worse. Also, you should get there sooner than later. If you're just badly bruised, it will be better to know that than to worry about it.
**edit: road rash=bleeding** Go get that shit cleaned out! it will hurt like a mother fucker, but infection spreads quickly.

Don't worry about the bike, worry about your innards and your skin.

PM me if you want someone to go to the hospital w/ you.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to