DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 499
1 members and 498 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#16)
Railing!

November 25, 2002, 11:16 AM

daaaayyyyyyyyyyymmmnnnnn, haven't been on the site in awhile. and my boy pizzy my nizzy goes down! paul glad your ok. 1st ones a byotch. anyhoo, riding this afternoon afta work? let me kno?!?!?!?!?!

<CENTER>...enter the draggin...</CENTER>

:ssex:
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to sonikr64ever Send a message via AIM to sonikr64ever  
Unread
  (#17)
Conform & Obey

November 25, 2002, 11:34 AM

if you do use your insurance company, tell them that you hit an animal and that caused you to lose control. i heard from people, that if you hit an animal, your rates dont increase. could be a load of sh!t, could be just that one insurance comapny (State Farm), could be true across the board. and at the very least, you can have fun choosing what animal you hit. "it was a barking spider...."

- splyn

Conform and Obey

The cornerstone of my psyche is a searing, unfocused rage.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to splyn  
Unread
  (#18)
MSF Student

November 25, 2002, 01:11 PM

Since the bike went down on the exaust side.. The other night I was warming it up and I had the choke on and the pipes were GLOWING RED could this be a problem?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nebulis Send a message via MSN to Nebulis  
Unread
  (#19)
GP Racer

November 25, 2002, 02:45 PM

Daymn Paul, don't tell me the fonica went down!!!! Hope your okay. If it's just a few cracks and scratches, might as well ride hard one more day. If you wreck, no biggie. You were going to call your ins anyway. And if you need some parts, just go on ebay. Now if you need damage from an animal, use Mikey as a ramp
He's stiff as a board after playing a little game of flag football

And Mikey, you can't ride today. Both of my bikes are blocking yours in.

[Edited on 25/11/2002 by Bmiester]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Bmiester  
Unread
  (#20)
GP Racer

November 25, 2002, 05:30 PM

Sorry to hear about your incident, but glad you were wearing the gear!

This is just an example of why, after 20+yrs of riding, I chose NOT to ride
in the cold and dark! :o

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not
only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public.” -Theodore Roosevelt
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to OneFunR6  
Unread
  (#21)
Licensed Rider

November 25, 2002, 05:50 PM

Quote:
On friday night it was about 40 degres out and I was making a U-turn at about less than 20 mph and as I was comming out of the U turn the back wheel lost traction and it grabbed again and as soon as I knew what was happing I was thrown off of the bike about 50feet landed on my head and shoulder. My poor bike is a little banged up it's messed up on the oppisite side that I was turning.
[Edited on 25/11/2002 by Nebulis]
Glad to see you're ok, that's the main thing. Any bike can be fixed or replaced. -Steve

----------------------
Steve
'05GS1200
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#22)
Knee Draggin!

November 25, 2002, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Is there any thing you can do to prevent the bike from throwing you off. I went into the turn smooth and I was accelerating smoothly the back end just lost traction and caught and then it just threw me off. If it slipped more I could of controlled it but it just flung me off..
Sounds like you hit something slick, started to slide, and then the tire caught traction again after it passed the slick stuff - sorta like a low speed high side. Nothing like that has ever happened to me, but from what I've gathered, the best you can do with a high side is hold on and ride 'em cowboy! In you're case it probably happened so quick it was over before you knew it.

Anyhow, glad to see that you're OK, and as for the ins. issue, you just have to weigh the risks of how much you're ins. is gonna go up (frggin ins. companies :mad2: , don't get me started!) vs. how much you'd have to shell out to get the bike into acceptable shape. If you go with the animal story, I'd go with a squirrel. Those bastards are always cutting back and getting run over after they made it by safely!!

Oh, and WELCOME to the board!

Kal

'05 GSX-R 750
'01 SV650S
Full D&D, Dynojet Stage I kit:
Shimmed needles, 150 mains, 17.5 pilots, 2.5 turns
De-snorkelled & de-fendered
Unread
  (#23)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

November 25, 2002, 07:03 PM

Yeah paul glad to hear you are ok! But like Steve said thing's are replacible but your life is one.

Chico

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#24)
Has an idiot exemption

November 25, 2002, 09:10 PM

Your tires might have played a role in this...Pilots are SLOW to warm up.
And your pipes are glowing red because you left the "choke " on too long. Just use it to start your bike , let in warm up about a minute, then GENTLY ride away when your bike responds to throttle without stalling. Your "choke" really adds more fuel instead of blocking off air and all that extra fuel washes the oil from the cylinder walls and wears the rings out faster and dilutes your oil from the extra gas getting in the crankcase.
Hope this helps...

Steve
2015 Yamaha R1
2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2003 Honda CRF 150F Mini-monster
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#25)
God of the Gaps

November 25, 2002, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Your tires might have played a role in this...Pilots are SLOW to warm up.
And your pipes are glowing red because you left the "choke " on too long. Just use it to start your bike , let in warm up about a minute, then GENTLY ride away when your bike responds to throttle without stalling. Your "choke" really adds more fuel instead of blocking off air and all that extra fuel washes the oil from the cylinder walls and wears the rings out faster and dilutes your oil from the extra gas getting in the crankcase.
Hope this helps...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#26)
Site Admin

November 25, 2002, 10:48 PM

damn ...sorry about the incident....let us know how things go...
Unread
  (#27)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

November 26, 2002, 04:07 AM

Sorry to hear about your spill,but glad no serious damage was done to you or your ride.As for insurance claims,Nationwide's policy is to automatically raise rates on any claim resulting in a cost of $400.00 or more from their massive wallets :mad2: as of three months ago anyway,my wife was involved in an 5mph auto accident that nearly raised mine! jim
Unread
  (#28)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

November 26, 2002, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Glad to see that you remember me.. . You had it right my name is Paul. My head is ok it's pretty hard anyway's haha.. . My shoulder is fine now on but on saturday when I woke up it felt like someone hit me with a sledgehammer.. But It feels fine now. I rode in today. So my bike is ridable.. minus one right turn signal. But I don't use those anyways. But I'll tell you one thing I am glad I was wearing all of my gear. I just stood right back up and picked the bike up and was on my way. It took a while to get it started. But I think I will submit it to the insurance cause I feel that why not use it if I pay for it. And pluss I hate seeing my bike all cracked up. And plus it will only cost me $50 to get it all fixed up like it was new.
trust me I know what you mean on all counts!

WHat insurance co do you use?

Honda Cbr600RR NESBA #135
"Your anger makes me Happy"
Ambivalent? Welllll, yes and no.
You are about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via AIM to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via MSN to KatiesGSXR600m  
Unread
  (#29)
MSF Student

November 26, 2002, 11:31 AM

I have Geico As well as a couple of Gecko's hahaha.. I have never had to use insurance before. And I want the bike back in the original condition. I don't think I did any damage to the engine but I think I rather let the shop deal with it. I love that bike and it kills me to see her all smashed up like that.. And I can't do that until I get my stupid truck back that I just bought..That the dealer so kindley threw in a blown head gasket.
That's the only reason that I have been riding recently. TO EVERYONE NEVER BUY A CAR FROM EASTERN MEGA CENTER in Manassass. That's where I wrecked. And pluss they sold me a car with a blown head gasket
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nebulis Send a message via MSN to Nebulis  
Unread
  (#30)
GP Racer

November 26, 2002, 01:26 PM

Hey Paul, see if you can hold off till the weekend. I have a friend that is a great bike mechanic and he can tell you what's wrong with it and if the tranny and engine are bad. Mikey know him too, it's not too far from your house. Can you hold off till then?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Bmiester