DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
2 members and 542 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
What in the hell is wrong with people in NoVA?
Unread
  (#1)
Honkey Kong

Question What in the hell is wrong with people in NoVA? - October 8, 2007, 12:17 PM

Last night I dropped my bike for the first time. I was stopped in a left turn lane, waiting to turn left. Started to turn left when someone pulled out of the oncoming left turn only lane. I stopped quick and didn't get my foot down quick enough. Bike dropped on the left. No damage--just some rash on the handlebar slider. Here's the good part, though--somehow (as my buddy Dave put it, physics plays no rational part in a drop) my right foot wound up under the bike. As I was trying to get up and get the bike off of me someone in the cross street lane started honking at me--honking at a guy on the ground with a bike on top of his leg. What in the name of Christ is wrong with these a**hats?

M0nk3y
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to M0nk3y  
Unread
  (#2)
Signed up for Track Days!

October 8, 2007, 12:22 PM

He's honking for you to get the f out of his way or he'll run you over.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
PewPew

October 8, 2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y
Last night I dropped my bike for the first time. I was stopped in a left turn lane, waiting to turn left. Started to turn left when someone pulled out of the oncoming left turn only lane. I stopped quick and didn't get my foot down quick enough. Bike dropped on the left. No damage--just some rash on the handlebar slider. Here's the good part, though--somehow (as my buddy Dave put it, physics plays no rational part in a drop) my right foot wound up under the bike. As I was trying to get up and get the bike off of me someone in the cross street lane started honking at me--honking at a guy on the ground with a bike on top of his leg. What in the name of Christ is wrong with these a**hats?

M0nk3y
welcome to the DC metro area...

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#4)
subUrban Warrior

October 8, 2007, 12:24 PM

It has nothing to do with No Va. It has everything to do with the state of humanity these days -- no one gives a damn about anyone else.

"I banged so many chicks last year my iPhone address book broke" - overheard at a Dover, DE bar
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
TEAM.SUKUZI

October 8, 2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaGhost
welcome to the DC metro area...
exactly!!~

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#6)
Banned!

October 8, 2007, 12:25 PM

yea i had a car broken down on a left turning lane, i had 30 people honkin and screaming while i was pushing the car myself...this was right in front of tysons mall going into tiffanys
Unread
  (#7)
subUrban Warrior

October 8, 2007, 12:31 PM

AAA did a study back in the mid-90's to find out why DC area drivers were considered rude. AAA was certain the study would prove that DC drivers weren't.

Much to their surprise -- the study showed that most DC drivers are in jobs that provide them little control over their lives -- or that are unsatisfying. Thus, the drivers in the study, take out their frustration while driving.

They also found that most drivers experience a certain sense of 'finally being in control' and use that power by driving as if they don't care about anyone else.

"I banged so many chicks last year my iPhone address book broke" - overheard at a Dover, DE bar
Unread
  (#8)
BE ENCOURAGED!

October 8, 2007, 12:31 PM

Maybe he was trying to scare the bike off you!

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#9)
Groundhogs can play dead

October 8, 2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y

M0nk3y
I'm glad you didn't get hurt. Grabbing a handfull of brake is a common mistake when learning. I did it, too, but luckily I was in my driveway.
I had my (friend's) Miata die on me in traffic on 66. In the left lane, in stop and go traffic, in the heat. Yeah, I put one leg out and pushed it off the road with the people behind me just watching. Thanks, guys, no, really... I got it. Thanks...

Everyone in this area is out for themselves.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Now I feel better...
Unread
  (#10)
Honkey Kong

Now I feel better... - October 8, 2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER
Maybe he was trying to scare the bike off you!
Okay. I'm actually laughing about it now.
Unread
  (#11)
PewPew

October 8, 2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
I'm glad you didn't get hurt. Grabbing a handfull of brake is a common mistake when learning. I did it, too, but luckily I was in my driveway.
I had my (friend's) Miata die on me in traffic on 66. In the left lane, in stop and go traffic, in the heat. Yeah, I put one leg out and pushed it off the road with the people behind me just watching. Thanks, guys, no, really... I got it. Thanks...

I sucks being left stranded on the side of the road, but there is also a lot issues that could arise by stopping now that people have gone lawsuit happy. I had a friend stop to help out a lady with a flat and she tried to sue him claiming he sexually assaulted her. People have to live in shells anymore. Running Fire-Rescue you're constantly having to worry about some idiot claiming you "touched them inappropriately" ... I FUGGIN JUST SAVED YOUR LIFE!!!!

People don't care, people are self serving, and people have no respect anymore. It's sad but the vast majority are.

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Indeed...
Unread
  (#12)
Honkey Kong

Indeed... - October 8, 2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch

Well, the other side of this is that I gave the guy honking from underneath the bike, and another guy hopped out and helped me get the bike off me. If I had to have a first drop, I'm glad it resulted in a couple of bruises and some rash on my handlebar sliders. I'd rather have a low-side at <1mph than high side it on the freeway.

M0nk3y
Unread
  (#13)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

October 8, 2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzpix
AAA did a study back in the mid-90's to find out why DC area drivers were considered rude. AAA was certain the study would prove that DC drivers weren't.

Much to their surprise -- the study showed that most DC drivers are in jobs that provide them little control over their lives -- or that are unsatisfying. Thus, the drivers in the study, take out their frustration while driving.

They also found that most drivers experience a certain sense of 'finally being in control' and use that power by driving as if they don't care about anyone else.
I would believe that fully. I don't know anyone up here who likes their job. Nobody I work with likes their job, that's for sure.
Unread
  (#14)
TEAM.SUKUZI

October 8, 2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU6R
He's honking for you to get the f out of his way or he'll run you over.
I was in a hurry...I had to poop.

sex addict