DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 149
0 members and 149 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Wild and Sad Story..........
Unread
  (#1)
AMA Superbike Champ

Wild and Sad Story.......... - June 4, 2010, 10:18 AM

http://wjz.com/services/popoff.aspx?...ationName=WJZ&

http://wjz.com/services/popoff.aspx?...ationName=WJZ&

Police Investigate Fatal Crash Involving Baby
Reporting
Derek Valcourt
BALTIMORE (WJZ) ―

A motorcyclist swerves to avoid a dirt bike with a 2-year-old boy as a passenger and slams into a pole, killing himself. The motorcyclist's heartbroken family speaks out while police search for the other driver.

1 Dead, Toddler Injured After Motorcycle Crash
(6/1/2010)

A motorcyclist swerves to avoid a dirt bike with a 2-year-old boy as a passenger and slams into a pole. The motorcyclist's heartbroken family speaks out about the fatal crash while police search for the other driver.

Derek Valcourt has more on what happened.

For Janneh Adighibe, tears are still flowing over the death of her brother, Alphonso Gaye, an IT professional and father of three. Gaye, 47, died Sunday evening while riding his motorcycle.

Police say as he was driving north on Gilmor, he encountered a man on a yellow dirt bike, holding a toddler on his lap. Gaye swerved to avoid a collision with the dirt bike, but he lost control of his own motorcycle and slammed into a light pole. He died, even though he was wearing a helmet.

"He did something that was heroic," said Patrice Gaye.

The victim's family spoke only with WJZ. They believe the man on the dirt bike and the toddler owe their lives to Gaye.

"Being that he is a father and I'm sure he saw the child, that's why he did what he did," Gaye said.

Police say the toddler did fall off the dirt bike in the chaos. They say the dirt bike's driver scooped up the child, drove into an alley, left the child there and then sped off.

"Who does that?" Gaye said.

Police don't know who, and they say the child's family members refuse to cooperate with investigators. It's frustrating to the victim's family.

"Why would I even put my baby on a bike in the first place? But if I was to put my baby on a bike, you're damn skippy I would know who's controlling that machine," Adighibe said.

For now, Gaye's large extended family is pleading with the public for help finding the dirt bike driver while they prepare for a funeral for the man they love.

"Educated, intelligent, worldly, resourceful man lost his life due to the ignorance of someone," Adighibe said.

"He was one of those personalities that changed the world. He touched everyone in a positive manner," Gaye said.

Family members say since Gaye lived much of his life in Virginia, they're planning his burial at Fairfax Memorial Park.

http://twitter.com/Aboogie301

RIP Weezie aka GODSON............

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

June 4, 2010, 10:21 AM

That's pretty sad. I hope they find the other driver.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
Unread
  (#3)
Get Tarded!

June 4, 2010, 10:42 AM

A man lost his life to not harm a child, and the fucker holding the kid drops him and runs! Injuring the child, what a fucking piece of shit..... excuse my language...

I bet it was a stolen dirt bike to, I like riding the dirt jumper in Bmore. But as cool as it is to see swarms or 2 strokes flying down the street we all know why the cops just watch, they are all stolen bikes by little thugs and gang-bangers that will try to shank you for a pack of gum. But I get yelled at for riding a BMX type bike in the inner harbor.

Murderland is so jacked.

08 Dizzzer SM
08 Z1000
98 KLR 650
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 4, 2010, 11:53 AM

Police say the toddler did fall off the dirt bike in the chaos. They say the dirt bike's driver scooped up the child, drove into an alley, left the child there and then sped off.

Police don't know who, and they say the child's family members refuse to cooperate with investigators. It's frustrating to the victim's family.

There is more to this. Who are they protecting?
Unread
  (#5)
TPG og

June 4, 2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post

There is more to this. Who are they protecting?
There's a STRONG ingrained culture of not snitching in Bmore, even when the POS deserves to get snitched on, as in this case. It defies all common sense and morality...that douche could've got that kid killed and then left him there where God knows what coulda happened to him. This is unfortunate......the dirtbikes are problem in bmore but its mostly kids wildin out on em..not bringin a gottdam baby on one and causing some innocent dude to eat telephone pole. Sad man... The biker was from Greenbelt iirc...local dude.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#6)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

June 22, 2010, 06:03 PM

distrust of the local police department by the general populous.
Unread
  (#7)
Ton Up!

June 22, 2010, 06:09 PM

Sad shit. Makes me wanna hand in the keys to the bike.

But then, i'll prolly die in a boating accident

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

June 22, 2010, 09:01 PM

police in bmore need to get the dirt bike lawlessness under control its way out of hand.

need to pass a law that allows confiscation of any non tagged and titled dirt bike ridden in the city of bmore.
Unread
  (#9)

July 9, 2010, 11:00 AM

Dirt bike crashes into car - Baltimore Sun

The driver of a dirt bike plowed through a red light at a West Baltimore intersection Wednesday and broadsided a red sedan, but the most serious injuries suffered by the car's driver didn't come from the crash, according to city police.
A department spokesman said a passenger on the dirt bike quickly hid the cycle in an alley and then returned with friends who beat up the car's driver so severely that he had to be rushed to Maryland Shock Trauma Center, police said.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to tweakland  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

July 9, 2010, 11:06 AM

haha, thank godness we have ghetto Baltimore so close by to look DC so much better.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

July 9, 2010, 01:46 PM

Where is that MD vs VA thread again?

Lebanon sounds safer than B'more