DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 500
3 members and 497 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Wow...
Unread
  (#1)
Groping is a skill...

Wow... - September 27, 2010, 01:05 AM

Motorcyclist rear-ends van on Interstate 75 in Ocala, Florida | Ocala.com#

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

September 27, 2010, 01:24 AM

insane!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

September 27, 2010, 01:26 AM

Wow, indeed.

Quote:
He hit the van with such force that his body propelled into the vehicle like a missile.
And his body positioning was so fortunately precise that he shot straight between a husband and wife seated in the back in bucket seats.
"We were just cruising in the center lane when we heard a big ol' bang — and he's lying between us," Sammy Cannon said.
Unread
  (#4)
Dr.'s say I'm the illest

September 27, 2010, 06:07 AM

Well damn. At least he survived.
Unread
  (#5)
The last urrbendah

September 27, 2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patient View Post
Well damn. At least he survived.
If that ever happens to me and it hurts one of my kids, you can bet the rider won't.

Of course it won't because mini-vans are verboten in our household.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#6)
Dr.'s say I'm the illest

September 27, 2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
If that ever happens to me and it hurts one of my kids, you can bet the rider won't.

I agree on both points! 2010 and people still driving off the lots with minivans with so many other options out here.
Unread
  (#7)
GET SOME ! ! !

September 27, 2010, 07:06 AM

wow!!

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#8)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 27, 2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:

so you are going to KILL a person who unintentionally, accidentaly hurt one of your family members regardless of how immature they were acting?

I mean I can walk down the path with you IF someone INTENTIONALLY WITH MALICIOUS and CRIMINAL INTENT does harm to your family...but it was a freaking accident.

So what if it wasn't a motorcyclist....what if it was a elderly couple who hurt your family in an auto accident....are you hunting for blood then?

I'm not wishing harm on anyone's family via auto accident...but I think it's a bit EXTREME to state that you plan on killing someone (or assisting by not calling EMS on time or something) because they hurt one of your family members in a ACCIDENT.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#9)
The last urrbendah

September 27, 2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
so you are going to KILL a person who unintentionally, accidentaly hurt one of your family members regardless of how immature they were acting?
If you're running triple digit speeds, riding like a complete fucking moron, and your actions cause injury or harm to my family, then yes. We've all got choices to make and must deal with the repercussions. There's accidents and then there's this. Extreme or not, dumbassery comes with a price.

PS, I'm overlooking the fact that FL has at least 5 racetracks open to motorcycle roadracing, 4 hold regular track days.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

Unread
  (#10)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 27, 2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
If you're running triple digit speeds, riding like a complete fucking moron, and your actions cause injury or harm to my family, then yes. We've all got choices to make and must deal with the repercussions. There's accidents and then there's this. Extreme or not, dumbassery comes with a price.

PS, I'm overlooking the fact that FL has at least 5 racetracks open to motorcycle roadracing, 4 hold regular track days.

So the does this include the 16/17 year old who has NO IDEA in the overall scope of the dangers of motorcycling? Why not just chop up his family and feed them to the pigs as well since they were responsible for him/her riding a bike with/without their consent or possibly even knowledge.

I mean really...I cannot tell you that you are wrong for feeling this b/c it's your own opinion but I STRONGLY disagree. Would you kill a soldier who accidently shot your son during a firing exercise b/c of their "dumbassery"...?

I'm not trying to "jinx" myself by saying that ALL accidents come without emotion/feeling to WANT to do something to someone who hurt your family...that is natural b/c you want to negate the hurt that would get to you IF someone hurt your family but to STATE that you would KILL someone b/c they hurt your family in an accident (and further claim that it was NOT an accident b/c they knew what they were doing) is just really outside of my scope...

I'll leave this one alone now b/c really I can't explore further as to how/why one could live/feel with this type of mentality towards things. It's almost as if you are cursing God b/c He would have allowed something like this to happen to you. I believe that God directly places things into your life that which you fear the most. My mother always ...ALWAYS preached to me about NOT bringing home any babies before I was married. I told her this one day, and I have NEVER heard her mention anything about me having babies again...I'm not saying you are to live fearless BUT I am saying that God wants us to be strong...and in order to be strong He has to introduce us to things that which will make us stronger...You can't be strong unless you have overcome that which you fear...you can't overcome that which you fear until you experience it.

Granted the story of Job was about faith but this is what MY belief in fear is based off of. Faith is a tool that eliminates fear.

Peace.

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#11)
Bored

September 27, 2010, 10:19 AM

WOW,

Im sure he will be in deep shit once he recovers!!
Unread
  (#12)
The last urrbendah

September 27, 2010, 10:28 AM

Your examples are far-fetched and we've reached an impass in our discussion. An accident somewhat relative to the discussion would be the offender running a red light and t-boning the vehicle sending the rider into the cabin. Using your example of a live-fire, an accident would be a ricochet or maybe even flagging.

The impact made in that van was the result of a deliberate act. Not to crash into the van, but to try and be the King of Cali on public streets. The equivalent in your scenario would be shooting towards a group of soldiers, but not aiming.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

Unread
  (#13)
Ton Up!

September 27, 2010, 10:39 AM

Maybe his throttle got stuck. Should have pulled a "Carnage" NJMP Wreck. (or the clutch )

Fucking amateur

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!

Last edited by Naked_Biker; September 27, 2010 at 10:47 AM..
Unread
  (#14)
Mojito Anyone?

September 27, 2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
Wow, indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
wow!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Infinit View Post
WOW,
+4

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#15)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 27, 2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Your examples are far-fetched and we've reached an impass in our discussion. An accident somewhat relative to the discussion would be the offender running a red light and t-boning the vehicle sending the rider into the cabin. Using your example of a live-fire, an accident would be a ricochet or maybe even flagging.

The impact made in that van was the result of a deliberate act. Not to crash into the van, but to try and be the King of Cali on public streets. The equivalent in your scenario would be shooting towards a group of soldiers, but not aiming.

Thought I was done but just for clarification the point of my examples were to be far fetched in attempt to expose how much I disagree with your thought. A direct comparasion/example would not change how I feel about the subject matter...

You stated you would KILL somone who had an accident while partaking in a deliberate act that which an accident was not a desired result of that act.

The rider made a DELIBERATE act. HOWEVER part of that act was NOT to rear end a minivan. It was a result of the act, but to my knowledge the rider wasn't kamikazee. So it was still an ACCIDENT. And no shooting into a group of soldiers but not aiming is NOT equivalent...b/c people know that if you shot into a group of people you possibly hit someone...whereas most people do not consider that they will hit someone while operating a motor vehicle. You can't link the bullet to a bike...regardless of the speed and effect they have on others in terms of injury. Also if you really wanted to do that then you are omitting the fact that the operator in one receives injury (bike) versus the operator in the other does not (gun) from the act.

Let's look at a real life example. 495 Beltway...after leaving a Redskins game. Mother is driving minivan home. Car clips our van, breaks wheel from axle and we are spinning around on the beltway, sparks flying. The feeling of four lanes of white lights facing you that are not on the opposite side of the betway is not settling.

The car that hit us had just robbed something or someone and was being chased my MSP. The caught him somewhere in Stafford, VA...we were hit in Landover, MD. No one in my familly was hurt in that accident....if someone was killed in my family in that accident would I go hunting for the guy to kill him? No. Would I have feelings/emotions to wish him all the turmoil in the world...yes.