DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 744
2 members and 742 guests
2blueyam, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
**Feeler**Friday Nite: Mid Atlantic Seafood Run. Laurel MD.
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Exclamation **Feeler**Friday Nite: Mid Atlantic Seafood Run. Laurel MD. - May 6, 2011, 03:27 PM

Feeler...for next Friday or the Friday after Next.

Mid Atlantic Seafood and Produce: Where Freshness Takes Place!

Seafood run....
Mid Atlantic Seafood in Laurel MD. Its a quick shot 495>95>198>Rt1.

A little something different for the Friday Night Run...

VA groups can set up a meet spot, DC/MD peps can meet in Adams Morgan, then all groups Meet up at IKEA parking lot in College Park MD.

From there we head to Mid Atlantic Seeafood. Its a seafood and soul food place that get very high marks and reviews. Ive been going for a few years now.

Its made to order cafe style seating with alot of room and big parking lots that you can keep eye on your bike.

This is a feeler.
Shout out if you like this and what friday you like best.

I may do this tonight if im bored...
After we eat, we can make the ride to Baltimore and hit up felds point, then turn around and hit Georgetown, then Adams morgan.

The Return of Friday Nite Runs...
if its official ill make a new thread and FB invite.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|

Last edited by vonstallin; May 6, 2011 at 03:34 PM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

May 6, 2011, 03:28 PM

With seven locations in Maryland, the Lee family opened their eighth and largest Mid Atlantic Seafood & Produce Market in the former Sunny's Surplus building on Route 1 this past October.

Not only can customers have a sit-down meal, but they can also go to the attached market for fresh fruits, vegetables and spices and choose from the fresh fish lined up neatly on ice.
The spacious restaurant, run by Bae Young and his wife, Young Lee, along with their two sons, offers customers a choice of a wide variety of buffet items, sandwiches, salads, desserts and cooked-to-order breakfast and seafood dishes.

"All of the seafood is made to order and grilled tilapia is our signature dish," said Jacob Lee, one of the sons.

Other fish offerings range from kingfish, red snapper, mullet and butter fish to croaker, salmon and bluefish. Lee said they use only olive oil on the grilled fish and soybean oils on fried food orders.

As for Mid Atlantic's buffet, it has a soul food flair with items such as chitterlings, fried chicken, collard greens, pig feet, black-eye peas, barbecue ribs, turkey wings, cornbread and macaroni and cheese.
Unlike many soul food vegetable recipes that call for pork products for flavoring, Lee said they do not use meat in their vegetables, only chicken in the black-eye peas.

Additionally, except for the corn, which is out of season, Lee said all of the vegetables are fresh.

"From the greens to the candied yams, we use fresh produce and prepare it right here in our kitchen," he said.

The buffet also has a taste of Asia with fried rice, Szechwan noodles and teriyaki green beans.
"They give you lots of choices and the food is delicious," said Leslie Dodson, of Laurel.

Her husband, Michael Dodson, is a regular at Mid Atlantic. When asked what were his favorite dishes, he said, "Everything. I eat here every day. We've been waiting for a place like this to come here for years."
Phil Edward, of Laurel, gave the restaurant a thumbs up, too, on his second visit, where he picked up a take-out order of macaroni and cheese, rice and barbecue ribs.

"I had the same thing the last time and it was so good, I ordered it again," Edward said.

The Lee family has run restaurants for many years. When Jacob's father came to the United States from South Korea 28 years ago, in addition to working in construction he also worked in a Chinese restaurant, which is where, Lee said, his dad learned to cook.

"We lived in New Jersey and later on my parents opened a small mom-and-pop spot, just he and my mom, in New York City," he said. "They had no cash register and they only sold three things -- fried fish, french fries and iced tea. The food was $3 and the tea $1. They had lines out the door."
The small business was so successful that when Lee was 4 years old, the family moved to Maryland and opened the first Mid Atlantic restaurant in New Carrollton on Annapolis Road, which is still open today.

"Me and my brother, Eddie, worked in the restaurants our whole lives. As little boys, we filled up hot sauce bottles," he said. "My parents didn't have much time off and that way, they could have us around, so we grew up in the restaurant and I loved it."

Lee and his brother both went to college and decided to stay with the family business. When the Baltimore Avenue restaurant and market opened, Lee moved to Laurel from Ellicott City where he ran a family produce market.

He said the restaurant, catering sales and the fish market here are doing well. He only hopes their produce sales, which are not brisk, will pick up soon.

The family plans to reopen Mid Atlantic's smoothie bar in March; it's now closed for the winter.
Restaurant, smoothie bar, fish and produce market, catering -- a little something for everybody, Lee said.

Mid Atlantic Seafood & Produce Market is open most days from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., with later hours on the weekend.

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#3)
Bored

May 6, 2011, 03:34 PM

I'd be down for a friday nite run!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

May 6, 2011, 03:44 PM

MMMM MMMMM I LOVE ME SOME SHRAMP

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#5)
50th anni

May 6, 2011, 04:13 PM

Might be down to meet at the restaurant.

...And Boom Goes the Dynamite!

cbr f3= sold
636= gone
r6= sold
cbr 1k= sold
vino 125= stolen
zuma= yutt uggh
Unread
  (#6)
T.R.I.T.D.H

May 6, 2011, 04:41 PM

Hmmm....I was eyeing that place up about two monday nights ago while standing at the gas station across the street.

When I turned around they had shut off the lights to close up. Anyone been? Is it better than Horace and Dickeys?

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#7)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

May 6, 2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
Hmmm....I was eyeing that place up about two monday nights ago while standing at the gas station across the street.

When I turned around they had shut off the lights to close up. Anyone been? Is it better than Horace and Dickeys?
Way better than horace and dickeys. I useto love that place in the mid 90's, but then they started using thiner cuts of fish and the shit ended up being hard. Wow..thats a true DC head who knows about Horace and Dickeys over on Hst NE. I use to work around the corner and hit that spot up at least 2+ times a week. Little splash of hot sauce and wheat bread made for good eating.

Mid-Atlantic is on a whole different level.
Its good, and have huge portions. I will admit that H&D when they were good had a certain flavor that no one else had...but that was decades ago. In the end I stop going because the oil they use to cook it in gave me the runs 15 minutes after consumption. ewwww.

Mid atlantic is in Laurel have super nice staff. Mostly Asian (owners) and Spanish, and localy grown families. So everyone is like Cool as hell.

Ive been going for a few years and I know my Dot commers use to go also. Its been open since 2008 or 2009 I think. I started hitting them up the month after opening.

Its so good that I drive 29 miles just to get it.

Jumbo Shrimp and Crab Cakes are great. Not as big as Timbuktu's but very close.

Unread
  (#8)
Do It Like This

May 7, 2011, 07:39 PM

Ha H and D's I still be hittin that joint up from time to time......right around the corner from my job and really comes in right at 11pm when my dinner was early............

I'd be in for one of these runs...........Holla........
Unread
  (#9)
2 wheels for life

May 7, 2011, 07:49 PM

why not a seafood buffet?

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

May 7, 2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEP View Post
why not a seafood buffet?
um,....
I just want to make a run to this place. Not just to a seafood place in general. Its one of my fav spots. Open to new spots after tho...

Unread
  (#11)
T.R.I.T.D.H

May 9, 2011, 11:25 AM

Set this up...I'd be down....

also there is a bike night at Rio's around the corner from there on Mondays...(well I better say it like this...there WAS a bike night there on monday...not sure IF it is still going on).

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#12)
Gone with the wind....

May 9, 2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
also there is a bike night at Rio's around the corner from there on Mondays...(well I better say it like this...there WAS a bike night there on monday...not sure IF it is still going on).
Yep, Mondays at 8pm.

Kawi Ninja 650R and ZX6r

Ride In Paradise Tree and Mz Nez
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

May 9, 2011, 12:29 PM

I'd be down to try this place out ( if curb monkeys are allowed )
Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

May 9, 2011, 01:07 PM

would be in if this gets set up. Would mostly likely meet in college park

- Eric

05 GSXR 600
Unread
  (#15)
I'm a llama again!

May 9, 2011, 01:46 PM

I would be down for sure I love these kinds of spots. Can't this Friday or next in June for certain!