DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 548
0 members and 548 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Go Skins!!

November 15, 2005, 09:31 AM

The summer is over and the season is done for me anyway. Post up some of your best rides for the summer. A high for me this summer was on a Saturday, I had managed to trick my wife into giving me an entire day to myself to ride my motorcycle. I started by making the usaul phone calls to track down my fellow riders to no success, because they could not understand why I was calling them 8am in the morning to begin my ride. So I was on my own for the morning at least. I have the entire day I was not going to waste this, I jumped on my honda 1000rr and hitted out 8am in morning, desination breakfast.!!!!!!!! IHOP in college Park!!!! Nice ride nice breakfast, Steak and eggs yes indeed. Now that I was full by 9am the fellow riders still had not recovered from friday night parting!!!! So off to the backroads early some were okay and some just had to many early goers on them doing what I do not know. Around about 11am I hitted to the motorcycle dealership to check out some gear and kill some time to catch up with the fellows. Because I started so early after the dealership I had to go back home and sneak into the house so that my children did not hear me to grab the summer gear for the mid day and afternoon ride. Now it was time to ride the fellows had checked in and the bike was definetely ready. We hooked up at the spot and headed out. We took some back roads, crashed a cook out after all said and done I returned home about 12am to a sleeping house, however I crept into the basement and went to sleep. Just one of my better rides this summer.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Happiness Consultant

November 15, 2005, 10:46 AM

hmmmm

highpoints...

that day me, viki, rob, kim, and justin played hookie and rode on a wednesday afternoon after lunch at the Herndon Pudfukkers. viki was still breaking in her bike so we kept it chill and wicked it up whenever we could. they made me lead and i took them out to Front Royal and back thru some local back roads, middleburg, carters.... rronin and grandmasterb found us on the way back and we ended up at a starbux in cashburn.

the first pre-Herndon Spot Ride, got to dice it up with Nudist for a bit, getting him out of his funk. Ghostrydr was there too mixing it up with us and I learned a few new roads and rode with a lot of new faces.

The Memorial ride for Katie.

the 400+ miler with SVBG. nuff said.

The whole month of September when I got in my car only for groceries and my birthday. The gas in my SUV tank lasted from 8/29-10/14.

Lowpoints...
posting up rides where 4 people say they show, i get there and there's 10+ and I have to split the groups. (happened 3 times)

the ride where Son got hit by the truck.

good thread... word

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#3)
rushin' the waves

November 15, 2005, 10:55 AM

The first day I started riding on the street, with my little Ninja 250 and rode it around the block! It was an awesome feeling... couldn't believe it!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../TinyTWAT2.jpg

'03 600rr Track and Street (SOLD)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mybabyninja82  
Unread
  (#4)
I'm so tired

November 15, 2005, 10:59 AM

The best time was when I was actually riding...no matter where or when it was. Oh...by the way...its November and I'm still doing it. And will continue to ride it until there is snow on the ground.

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#5)
One and Only

November 15, 2005, 11:08 AM

Probably the SM ride I went on with Cripes, Travis, and VVV.

There was another one that I remember enjoying immensly, but I can't remember which that was.

Oh, going to Middletown following Rekoniz was fun too.

I mostly ride by myself, and there's too many of those to count.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#6)
Playing with toys

November 15, 2005, 12:56 PM

Favorite Ride: Probably the one where I met up with Mike & some guy on a red Duc' in Haymarket bright n' early. We hauled a$$ to make it to a ride in Winchester at 8:30am where we hooked up with like 5 others. Group was led by a guy on a blue Kaw 1300 with chrome rims after we fuel'd up. Met another dude on a black 600RR with on board GPS and I got to see my first 2005 Gixxer 1k (probably played a role in my purchase <2 months later). Anyways, we rolled out West into West Va down some awesome roads. Don't know the route, but it was the bomb.... Lunched at Mc D's to see the one and only cop of the ride (they must have been hibernating that day). Excellent day with on incident. The Gixxer almost ate the rear of the Duc' so he locked up his front brake taking a turn. Unfortunately, I had the worst seat of the house behind him. Bless following distance, plenty of room to slow down/pull off. Waited about an hour before a truck came & we loaded er' up. Not sure the final outcome, but I believe rider had a broken collar bone and the bike had a crushed rear rim & plastic damages. Great ride other than that, wish I knew the route. ahhhh!

Most Memoriable: Gotta be the Katie memorial ride for sure. First met Chico & some other Wulfpack folks. Its just awesome to see folks come together to respect someone they knew or didn't know. It meant alot to everyone that participated, regardless of there reasons for showing up. Looking forward to the next one.

Most historic: The Rattle the Runway ride from Dulles. Well, maybe not historic but who the f'k is going to forget Sept 11. I have never seem so many motorcycles in one place before (Need some more sport bike participation next year).

Best Group Ride: Any of the Newbie rides that I went to were great (Although I didn't care for gravel while 2 up). Got to take the GF, so that was plus points. Good stuff all the way around.

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#7)
Stone J

November 15, 2005, 06:04 PM

NO, NO , NO, NO, NO, NO the best ride was the ride with Scorpion9R (boonie crew) to north beach like 2 weeks ago, less than 20 bikes , nice small joint for lunch,hmmmmmm
Scorpion9R (boonie crew) put me down on your list, hit me up the fisrt sunny day next year, my bike's parked up for the winter.

Kawasaki ZX-10
Unread
  (#8)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

November 15, 2005, 08:54 PM

well i bought my bike in late august. But the ride i had a blast this summer was with travis, i got lost but i had fun!! Also the Herndon spot was GREAT!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#9)
Officially Addicted to Posting

November 15, 2005, 09:00 PM

Richmond to Los Angeles via BRP, Deals Gap, Ozarks, Oklahoma City, Sante Fe Trail, Rock Mountain National Park, Grand Canyon, Vegas...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#10)
B
It goes to 11.

November 16, 2005, 06:24 AM

My favorite ride was your mom.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#11)
opossum puncher

November 16, 2005, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody

I mostly ride by myself, and there's too many of those to count.
Same.

However this was my first season of taking my bike to the track, and those were unbelievable.
Jefferson: My first
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/index.ph...wtopic&t=15151

Main: The Crash fest
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/index.ph...wtopic&t=16103

And there was also Deals Gap, wow, just wow.
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/index.ph...wtopic&t=16703

There were also a few back road trips, one of my favorite had me leading with just one other friend on roads I didnt know, I just rember going in to a turn (much sharper than expected) much hotter than I wanted. And bout the point of the apex comming the other direction was a Station wagon (gray I think, BMW or Mercedes or somthin) Braking, sliding, cranking that bike over as far as I could and by the grace of god not crapping myself, came out of that turn and had no time to be mesmerized, as sharp right followed. The rest of that ride was great, good turns, not a whole lot of traffic, good day followed. My friend later retold the story to friends and gave his perspective : "Here comes the turn, in goes Brad, brake Brad, brake"

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

November 16, 2005, 10:26 AM

Two trips trough the smokies. Didn't do the Gap this year, too much traffic. ran the Skyway a couple of times and as many back roads as I could find. Before that ran down the Blue Ridge into GA and AL for a track day at Barber.
Unread
  (#13)
ATTN INVESTORS!

November 16, 2005, 10:54 AM

First great ride this year was with Ghostrydr in the early spring when we did over 350 miles all over western VA.

Had a lot of fun leading Busamac, Winrz and Ed to the Front Royal area....and Melting Pot.

The ride with Woody and Pokey was the easiest, most stressfree "group" ride I've led. I don't know how much fun those fellaz had following my rookie ass but I had a lot of fun that day without worrying about those dudes behind me. Lunch with the WARP crew in Middletown was a fukn riot.

And...the 36 degree ride from DC to FR for Guzz's bbq earlier this year too. I think Dragula and I were the only idiots that rode that day.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz