DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 546
1 members and 545 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
DEPARTING FORM LEESBURG 7/8/2006
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

DEPARTING FORM LEESBURG 7/8/2006 - July 4, 2006, 08:38 AM

The plan is to leave from leesburg about 9:30. From there head north and west though VA, WV, MD possibly PA. Ride will be in the 400 mile range. I don't of any good meeting places in Leesburg, open to suggestions. Dragula says Sheetz is bad, I agree. I think there is a Starbucks across the street.

Once again this ride will be for more expirenced riders. No one will be left behind. Post up if you are interested. If we get more than 7 or 8 riders I will most like break it up into 2 groups.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

July 5, 2006, 02:53 PM

What up to my two wheel peeps!

Count me in...I will take a ride to where ever.....in Leesburg/ PA. I suggest we meet at Panera Bread near the leesburg shops.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to nitentunsia Send a message via AIM to nitentunsia  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

July 5, 2006, 03:37 PM

Panera sounds good to me. Where is it. I don't know the names of all the strip malls in Sleezburg.
Unread
  (#4)
Typical Stripper

July 5, 2006, 03:49 PM

I might be up for this, I will update on Friday.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Retired to most ...

July 5, 2006, 03:55 PM

Might be in for this. Like Nate said I'll let you know by Friday.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#6)
Go slow to go fast...

July 5, 2006, 05:06 PM

What kind of pace are you guys planning?

Tony
1-12-2010
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RRonin  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

July 5, 2006, 07:10 PM

No particular "pace". I am not one to go fast in a straight line. I try to keep the speed to no more than 10 over. When the road get twisty go as you wish just wait for us slower riders at the end. I have had no speeding tickets in 12 years and plan to keep it that way.
Unread
  (#8)
This Ain't My First Time!

July 5, 2006, 07:15 PM

Rronin,

I have been on one of these rides with Space, the pace willl be good and he was actually toting a passenger on the back. I figure if he is riding by himself it will be a good upbeat pace. It will not be as fast as the pace was when I was riding with you guys. Hell, I was bouncing off the rev limiter in 3rd gear at 120mph. hee hee!!!

All,

You can count me in!!!

Later

OVER? did you say "Over"? Nothing is over until we decide its over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!!!

~Blutarski~

Dodge131:
If your goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem.

Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Go slow to go fast...

July 5, 2006, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf3232
Rronin,

I have been on one of these rides with Space, the pace willl be good and he was actually toting a passenger on the back. I figure if he is riding by himself it will be a good upbeat pace. It will not be as fast as the pace was when I was riding with you guys. Hell, I was bouncing off the rev limiter in 3rd gear at 120mph. hee hee!!!

All,

You can count me in!!!

Later
That must have been someone elses ride, my bike won't even go that fast.

Space I may be there, sounds like an interesting route. Where are you guys meeting?

Tony
1-12-2010
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RRonin  
Unread
  (#10)

July 5, 2006, 09:27 PM

I might be in for this ride too.

Also PRonin, I THINK I was in your group when you led in Newbie ride couple months ago.

I am pretty sure that you remember Jonathan who wrecked his bike. (if you are the right person ) I am the one who was riding blue/white R6, friend of Jonathan's.
Unread
  (#11)
singin sweet home alabama

July 5, 2006, 09:50 PM

Is this a tourer type of ride that tests the fortitude of one's ass cheeks? Or will there be reasonable stops? I forget to breath on a lot of those west virginia twisty roads. 400 mi is a long time to hold one's breath, and I don't want to be holding my ass all day Sunday

But the wife (wildflwr) and I are looking for a good ride Saturday morning and would love to join up.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#12)
dirty old man in training

July 6, 2006, 09:15 AM

speaking of wives, mine will be in class all day. So time to take out the girlfriend. Although this will push me a bit past my break in point, I think it'll be worth it. I should have my GPS up and running on the bike by then. Count me in for now.

400 miles - so i guess I'd have to actually get gas once.

Advertise your company here!

Past:
2003 Yamaha R1 Black w/ Red Flames (my 1st)
2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (wife's)

Present:
2006 BMW R 1200 RT (mine..err.."our's")

Last edited by djetch; July 6, 2006 at 09:23 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to djetch  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

July 6, 2006, 09:23 AM

I have no problems with my ass. If you have to hold yours after a good ride you may want to get it checked out. I usually stop when someone needs fuel. for me thats between 200 and 240 miles. Most of you can only make 150 miles or so. I maybe 2 up as well.

Kone, if you are looking for a noob ride this ain't it. We are not going to be blistering the tires but it not going to be slow.

I am real familiar with Leesburg. How about meeting at the shopping center across from Costco. I think there is a gas station there.
Unread
  (#14)

Post July 6, 2006, 12:43 PM

Space, don't worry.

I read your post and understood it's not a noob ride.
As long as it is not one of those fast&furious type of ride, i will be fine.

Is anybody going to Leesburgh from Fairfax area(springfield/annandale to be specific)? maybe we can meet up somewhere and ride togher.
Unread
  (#15)
singin sweet home alabama

July 6, 2006, 03:12 PM

Hey Space, if you've made this run before, how long did it take?

I've got about 8 hours max to and from my house; any longer than that and my dogs are going to leave me presents in my living room.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8