DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 510
1 members and 509 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
Discounted track days for forum members THIS Saturday 6/20/15
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Discounted track days for forum members THIS Saturday 6/20/15 - June 15, 2015, 09:24 AM

Hello all! I would like to offer a discount for this upcoming weekends track days with Team ProMotion. To help promote track day riding and help keep people from riding unsafely on the street team promotion is offering.

A full day of riding for the discounted price of $175. This includes full gear rental with the exception of your bike and helmet. If you only need boots no problem will include that as well.

Also includes the ART 1 class, which is required for you to be a new track rider. This class is Awesome! Are you in the military? ART 1 qualifies as training to ride on base! You will be teamed up with 3 or 4 of your friends and a coach who will be out on the track with you until lunch during your 20 min/hr sessions. After lunch you are free to ride at your own pace for the rest of the day. In between your morning sessions there will be class room time where race line, body position,braking, and many other topics will be covered.

Saturdays 6/20/15 events are located at NCBike in Garysburg, NC just 10 min into NC on I-95. Or at NJMP on Thunderbolt which is an AMA track. Both facilities offer camping electric and showers. Arrive early and secure your spot.

Offer is only valid for individuals who have never ridden with TPM. Post questions on here. Pm or email me to receive the discount code. Best part is you don't even have to be a member!

Not sure you'll like riding the track? We also offer a try the track program where you can set in on the first two class sessions and ride the first two sessions for FREE! Don't like it? No problem. If you do you may continue the day buy paying the discounted rate. Just mention you are a forum member.

Hope to see you all there!

Last edited by Wadesns; June 15, 2015 at 02:40 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Real Men Pedal

June 15, 2015, 10:42 AM

This is nice. Wish you were closer. Thanks
Unread
  (#3)
Tiny Pimpled Genitalia

June 15, 2015, 01:36 PM

do we still get a discount if we've ridden with you before? or is this more of a promotional thing?

it's a nice offer either way.

!advance the agenda!
Unread
  (#4)

June 15, 2015, 02:39 PM

It's mainly designed to help get people off the streets and allow them to learn better controls as well as find the limits of their bikes. Unfortunately at this time the offer is only good for new to TPM participants. Although we have lowered the full throttle membership to $199 from $299 allowing you to preregisted for an even lower rate and adds free tire changes, event insurance, ride 5 get $50 track credit and some other great incentives. Check it out at Team Promotion
Unread
  (#5)
Tiny Pimpled Genitalia

June 15, 2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadesns View Post

Offer is only valid for individuals who have never ridden with TPM. Post questions on here. Pm or email me to receive the discount code. Best part is you don't even have to be a member!

Hope to see you all there!
whoops, there it is. missed that 1st time around.

carry on.

!advance the agenda!
Unread
  (#6)

June 15, 2015, 09:35 PM

I assume you have ridden with us. Please explain in your words the difference Between track and street so thewill know what to expect. this should be really good! !!!

Last edited by Wadesns; June 16, 2015 at 06:43 AM..
Unread
  (#7)
Tiny Pimpled Genitalia

June 16, 2015, 04:22 PM

Ok, I'll bite.

Mind you, this is only my opinion, from my place of limited experience; and only the most critical and/or obvious points.

Track:
1) The consequences of falling are mitigated
2) There is no oncoming traffic, intersections, speed enforcement, random crazies, or other such hazards to draw away your attention, allowing you to focus on the primary tasks of throttling, turning, braking, and overtaking
3) Line and smoothness become critical elements toward gaining confidence, and thus establishing speed; which comes easier as focus is concentrated
4) It is an incubator for working on specific skill sets in support of #3
5) The track is usually clean, and if not, there is someone there to warn you
6) If there is an incident, communication and response time is good
7) The trackside community is pretty tight and helpful
Short, intense sessions are thrilling but not terribly fatiguing
9) You gotta pay to play
10) If you need help re: #4, it's there for the asking from a knowledgable person

Street:
1) Falling down is bad
2) Random stuff happens, some manageable, some not- discipline is required to maintain focus on critical tasks
3) #2 is exacerbated with the addition of more + more speed
4) Line will require adjustment or correction to suit conditions- for example- i try to finish inside on right handers... not how you want to ride the track, but will keep you further from oncoming folks crossing the double yellow
5) There's always crap hiding in the road where you don't want it
6) Spotty cell service and distance from metro areas can mean long response times if something goes bad
7) Passers-by couldn't care less if you have a problem
It's usually a trek to the best roads, so mental fatigue is present even before the best part of the ride is experienced
9) Free within the parameters of law, but can get pricy outside those confines
10) Plenty of fools wanting to give you 'pointers'.

!advance the agenda!

Last edited by Bikrsk8r; June 17, 2015 at 07:51 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

June 16, 2015, 05:05 PM

Nice deal!

As for why do the track:
Go as fast as you dare to, legally.
Classroom instruction and on-track feedback available.
No soccer moms, left hand turners, 18 wheelers, or pedestrians to contend with.
Clean pavement.
Plenty of run-off room without going over a cliff or into a guardrail.
Corner workers to warn you in advance if there is a problem ahead.
Just enough rules to keep folks safe yet having fun.

And lastly, an ambulance on site with pros ready to help you should the worse happen.

My ONLY regret when it comes to trackdays is that I didn't discover the fun sooner in life. One word to first timers: Unless you are truly an exceptional rider of rare talent know that your definition of "fast" will be drastically and forever changed.

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
Unread
  (#9)
TNT
GP Champ

June 16, 2015, 05:42 PM

Why go to the track?

-Only place to hit over 100mph without fear of the law.
-Turns where you can actually shift body position and get some lean angle.
-Great learning environment with others to help you out.
-Much safer - I've crashed 4 times, never had any injuries. Having some of those same crashes on the street and I'd probably be in the hospital. Similarly, the bike has a much better chance of low/no damage at the track vs. on the street.
-Great people. The pits at a trackday is an instant community with people from all walks of life, helping each other, sharing stories, having a great time together.
Unread
  (#10)

June 17, 2015, 08:37 AM

Thanks for your input. I must agree with you all. Also would like to add there is no better time to become a member check out what was just released to me. Plus you'll get better rates for the remainder of the year and gain so much knowledge. Please use referral code DE7U87126 if you decide to become a member
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1434547189322.jpg (41.2 KB, 10 views)
Unread
  (#11)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 17, 2015, 09:49 AM

How about instead of saying to get people off the streets, say to teach people better control to ride safer on the streets. You can learn more control on the track and it helps tremendously in street riding. Also for some people they will have an oulet to go fast on the track and it will calm them down for the street. In the motorcycle industry we need street riders. Without them there will be no industry.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

June 17, 2015, 04:16 PM

Do you work for TPM or are you just trying to put a little cash in your TPM account?
Unread
  (#13)

June 17, 2015, 05:26 PM

I'll definitely have to try and make it out- been wanting to get into these things for a while now.
Unread
  (#14)

June 17, 2015, 08:55 PM

I am a coach at TPM. I do not work for them. I have lost several people riding on the mountain and streets. Last weekend I was passed on my way home from NJMP by 2 guys who reminded me of them. They were probably doubling the speed limit swerving through traffic. i can't say I haven't done it but I know better now. I have been riding the track for about 2.5 years and had given up the street for 8 years prior to trying the track and I must say if you like riding at all the track is where it is. Thats not to say its for everyone all of the time but if you are going to exceed the speed limit or enjoy doing so do yourself a favor and do it at a track. I can continue to offer the deals that go through and or just date on here if you'd like. If my doing so is a bother then please just politely ask me to stop. And as a coach I don't get credits for referrals but would like to know what people I was able to reach and where I reached them that is all.
Thanks,
..RJ..
Unread
  (#15)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 18, 2015, 08:50 AM

Oh don't take what i said as a bad thing against what you are doing. I think getting people to the track is great. But street riding is also a great thing. Riding at the track has helped me big time on the street. I hope more people do track days. But to give up street riding just for the track naw you don't need to do that.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!