DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 538
1 members and 537 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Got my Permit

October 31, 2005, 09:01 AM

Anyone interested in a ride down and around Skyline Drive leaving from the Arlington/Alexandria Area? I was there yesterday for a short ride and it was awsome! I want to go back and take the drive for a longer period of time. It's a perfect ride for newbies too cuz it's a 35 mph speed limit. It doesn't have to be all organized and I don't care if 1 or 50 want to come along. Weather looks pretty good and realitively "warm" for this time of year. By the way snow was on the side od the road in the higher elevations but the road ways were in perfect riding condition.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to tpm17  
Unread
  (#2)
MSF Student

October 31, 2005, 02:21 PM

im interested, keep me posted on whats up
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to LEFTARMTAN  
Unread
  (#3)
Got my Permit

October 31, 2005, 06:27 PM

Will do.... Thinking about leaving the Taget parking lot located on Jefferson Davis Hwy (Rt1) in Alexandria about 10am Sat and riding up and down Skyline Drive. Admission into the park is $5 by the week and that gives you access to the Drive for 7 days if anyone was not familiar with driving thru there.
Unread
  (#4)
Licensed Rider

November 1, 2005, 07:33 AM

if yall do it sun im down
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Got my Permit

November 1, 2005, 10:58 AM

Well I'll be goin... So if one person decides to ride along it's cool with me.... So at least I know I've got one coming..
Unread
  (#6)
MSF Student

November 1, 2005, 03:41 PM

turns out my dad called dibs on the bike for sat so i mentioned the ride to him, hes more interested in a senic route than going fast around some twisties, if ur down for that then he might go, but when u post as fall foliage ride it kinda sounds liek a nice relaxing senic ride than a get through the woods as fast as you can kina ride, but hes down for some twisties too. ill let ya know if hes down
Unread
  (#7)
Got my Permit

November 1, 2005, 04:45 PM

I like a little mix to be honest. I love going fast but it takes a toll on u quick if ur going for a long haul. I just wanna ride to enjoy the great weather we're most likely going to have and enjoy the great views Skyline Drive provides. There will be some short bursts and sprints, but also a bit of cruising around enjoying the sights.
Unread
  (#8)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

November 1, 2005, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpm17
I like a little mix to be honest. I love going fast but it takes a toll on u quick if ur going for a long haul. I just wanna ride to enjoy the great weather we're most likely going to have and enjoy the great views Skyline Drive provides. There will be some short bursts and sprints, but also a bit of cruising around enjoying the sights.
OK, well i think the meetup spot should be closer to haymarket or leesburg i know alot of people on .net live in fairfax/Reston/herndon/sterling area. Just my
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#9)
Got my Permit

November 3, 2005, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArRrR6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpm17
OK, well i think the meetup spot should be closer to haymarket or leesburg i know alot of people on .net live in fairfax/Reston/herndon/sterling area. Just my
Well honestly I'm not trying to set up a huge ride. If a few guys in the area near me are willing to go for a ride that's cool if not I'll still be going. Just thought it'd be more fun if a few other people came along which would definitely contribute to the ride being more fun. Can we get a count going for how many can almost say for sure want to go?
Unread
  (#10)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

November 4, 2005, 06:26 AM

i will not be attending this ride, hope you guys have fun be careful out there!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#11)
Got my Permit

November 4, 2005, 09:19 AM

Hey,

There's 3 of us that were going to go, and I just got on the site and saw your post. If its cool with you, we wouldn't mind tagging along.

What time were you thinking of heading out? And we're in Rockville, so we can meet up in VA no problem.

~Ji

"So one time, at bike camp..."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to Jijalicious  
Unread
  (#12)
Got my Permit

November 4, 2005, 09:29 AM

By the way, how do you get to Skyline and that area???

"So one time, at bike camp..."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to Jijalicious  
Unread
  (#13)
MSF Student

November 4, 2005, 10:02 AM

not sure if im going or my dad
Unread
  (#14)
Got my Permit

November 4, 2005, 11:23 AM

The way I get there is by taking 66 West... I'm sure there are more exciting and or entertaining ways of getting there, but 66 is the only way I know. That why I'm trying to get others to ride along and possibly contribute to the ride by possibly suggesting other routes.

I was thinking about heading out around 10am. If you'd like ot set up a middle ground to meet other than the Target parking lot in Alexandria on Jefferson Davis Hwy lemme know.
Unread
  (#15)
Got my Permit

November 4, 2005, 11:24 AM

I'm telling you guys! It'll be an enjoyable ride tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be perfect and the views form Skyline Drive this time of year is amazing. Don't forget your cameras!!!!