DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 561
4 members and 557 guests
amit, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
Little video of our ride today. 4/5/09
Unread
  (#1)
All about the U

Little video of our ride today. 4/5/09 - April 5, 2009, 09:17 PM

Little video of our ride today.. It was a pretty slow pace. Their were alot of cars because of the roe down hourse event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI0TnokfDtM&feature=channel

Next time should be alot better, As im in pretty bad need of some new rubber.

Nice to have a little video though to compare before and after of pre track day experience and pre instructor experience.

Thanks to Ryan (mhrspeedy) who took the video and gave me tips throughout the day. Edited the video, and posted it all same day in just a few hours <thumbs up>

I saw a REALLY bad accident on the way home today..

What I know..

It was an 05-06 GSXR 1000, Painted all black. Polished aftermarket pipe..Looks as if he hit the back of a car on RT 2 just before the south river bridge. Looks like the bike slid a few 100ft after the impact. Im assuming he was more then likely speeding, but non the less their is a pretty sloppy merge there, with alot of clowns on cell phones that make it dangerous. The road was shut down for a few hours (which is pretty major becuse its a heavily local traveled road and its about a 30min detour to get across the water otherwise). The backups were crazy. Guy got flown out.. Aparently was bleeding alot from the leg.

What Ive heard..

Ive heard that he didnt make it, and that it was the drivers fault.

None the less, this sucks that this happened so local and so early in the season.. lets hope the guys ok. If you believe in a higher power, keep this individual in your prayers...

Everyone ride safe!

-Mossburg
"Dont make excuses, Make adjustments"

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

April 5, 2009, 09:44 PM

Good vid. Those were some really nice sweepers too. RIP to the fallen rider.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

April 5, 2009, 11:06 PM

ok yall need to lern to ride in your lane and stop cutting corners and going wide. Pick you lines better. Sorry Just that type of riding can get you killed. Stop tring to keep up!!
Unread
  (#4)
yut ugh!

April 5, 2009, 11:31 PM

why do you keep turning right at that light?!?! there's another left and then another right.. and coming back out of the boulevard is good too! (from what i've heard)

2009 Yamaha R6 Raven
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven - Stolen
Unread
  (#5)
subUrban Warrior

April 5, 2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600cbr View Post
ok yall need to lern to ride in your lane and stop cutting corners and going wide. Pick you lines better. Sorry Just that type of riding can get you killed. Stop tring to keep up!!
+1

"I banged so many chicks last year my iPhone address book broke" - overheard at a Dover, DE bar
Unread
  (#6)
Lets Ride!!!

April 6, 2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:

+2

Wow. If a car would have come around some of those turns when you were in their lane... Good luck this season.

Go Hokies!!!

2007 GSXR 750 Black/Midnight Blue - sold
Unread
  (#7)
All about the U

April 6, 2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Ok. First of all. I (the leader) cut 3 times in the whole video.. All 3 times were 90 degree bends, With zero traffic, and very visible roadway before and after. The first time I did it around 1:16 i think? was because their was a ton of stuff in the road. Ask anyone who knows that road good.. Its a common flood area and their is always some stuff in the road after a good rain. The last section of backroads I cut just simply because I could. It has ZERO to do with me picking a line.. I picked my line, and the other side of the road just happened to be it. If you re watch that video I run my side of the road 95% of the time and my line usually never changes. We were riding a very moderate controlled pace.

As for the "other" member in that video, He is a very controlled riding.. He was joking about trying to keep up.. Ryan knows his limits, and is a very controlled person in general. Hes never a pack leader, he rides his ride and thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freq View Post
why do you keep turning right at that light?!?! there's another left and then another right.. and coming back out of the boulevard is good too! (from what i've heard)

As far as dipping into other peoples lanes.. anytime these were easily avoidible. Something that either one of us could have avoided, just chose not to because their were no need to take the extra risk involved when their is zero traffic.

I took the rides I lead very serious. Anyone that has followed my lead will tell you. Every morning before hand I go and sweep the ride to check for anything that has come up (or down for that matter lol). My rides are always very safe, and luckily have never had an injury.

-Mossburg

Last edited by Dr.Duct_Mossburg; April 6, 2009 at 12:32 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
Lets Ride!!!

April 6, 2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
Ok. First of all. I (the leader) cut 3 times in the whole video.. All 3 times were 90 degree bends, With zero traffic, and very visible roadway before and after. The first time I did it around 1:16 i think? was because their was a ton of stuff in the road. Ask anyone who knows that road good.. Its a common flood area and their is always some stuff in the road after a good rain. The last section of backroads I cut just simply because I could. It has ZERO to do with me picking a line.. I picked my line, and the other side of the road just happened to be it. If you re watch that video I run my side of the road 95% of the time and my line usually never changes. We were riding a very moderate controlled pace.

As for the "other" member in that video, He is a very controlled riding.. He was joking about trying to keep up.. Ryan knows his limits, and is a very controlled person in general. Hes never a pack leader, he rides his ride and thats it.

As far as dipping into other peoples lanes.. anytime these were easily avoidible. Something that either one of us could have avoided, just chose not to because their were no need to take the extra risk involved when their is zero traffic.

I took the rides I lead very serious. Anyone that has followed my lead will tell you. Every morning before hand I go and sweep the ride to check for anything that has come up (or down for that matter lol). My rides are always very safe, and luckily have never had an injury.

Hope it stays that way.

Go Hokies!!!

2007 GSXR 750 Black/Midnight Blue - sold
Unread
  (#9)
SMB
sans motor bike

April 6, 2009, 06:03 AM

wow, awesome vid!!!

where is that clover leaf? I can't afford to hit the track this year , but I figure I can just hit those ramps for a couple dozen hot laps and I'll be straight.....

I dip my chicken strips in Chik-fil-a sauce
Unread
  (#10)
TPG Bannings: III

April 6, 2009, 06:26 AM

I just finished watching the video, I have to agree with everyone else about the lines you BOTH chose and the center lines. Whether you can see through the turns or not shouldn't make a difference in whether you cross the yellow line or not, you are only making yourself used to crossing over and before you know it, you're going to cross one at the wrong time. When I had about the same amount of seat time as you(not talking shit, relax), I was doing the exact same stuff until I saw it on video, you really gotta work on correcting it, I know I had to. You gotta pretend the edge of the road is that yellow line, don't stare at it, just set your lines to be able to make the turn without crossing over it. Not trying to be a dick, but since you say this is one of the slower rides you've led, I can only imagine it gets worse when your riding as fast as you usually like to. Just be careful is all I'm saying. Oh and be sure to quote this message and tell me over and over how I'm wrong and you know what you're doing yada yada yada.....I'll wait.
Unread
  (#11)
I was sleeping

April 6, 2009, 06:37 AM

glad u had a good day!!
BUT
a couple of tips
dont show the parts when passing on double yellows
dont show mess ups
dont show tags!
i know who u were with and is good peeps and u guys should have used that video as a training purpose not to show others that will BASH you! edit the video before posting to not show mistakes or illegal stuff! i know u ment well buddy but others will bash!
who was in the lead? if it was u PLEASE stop using ur brake so much
HOLLA

KEV~
NESBA # 401
2002 Honda 919
2003 Yamaha R6(05-09 SOLD)

MARRC Safety Crew - www.marrc.org
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Dirty  
Unread
  (#12)
All about the U

April 6, 2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEaton View Post
I just finished watching the video, I have to agree with everyone else about the lines you BOTH chose and the center lines. Whether you can see through the turns or not shouldn't make a difference in whether you cross the yellow line or not, you are only making yourself used to crossing over and before you know it, you're going to cross one at the wrong time. When I had about the same amount of seat time as you(not talking shit, relax), I was doing the exact same stuff until I saw it on video, you really gotta work on correcting it, I know I had to. You gotta pretend the edge of the road is that yellow line, don't stare at it, just set your lines to be able to make the turn without crossing over it. Not trying to be a dick, but since you say this is one of the slower rides you've led, I can only imagine it gets worse when your riding as fast as you usually like to. Just be careful is all I'm saying. Oh and be sure to quote this message and tell me over and over how I'm wrong and you know what you're doing yada yada yada.....I'll wait.
here's your quote.

If your gonna try and make a dim down respectful post, dont end it by being a prick.

FWIW I understand where you are coming from.. Im not a very habit like person. I never treat stuff the same way. To me their is never a line on the street. Its not a track and not a controlled environment. Lol, I think you and everyone else here are getting the wrong idea. I dont cut every sinlge time.. I did it 3 times.. Their were plenty of other places I could of done it, but chose not to.. Those 3 turns in particular are pretty sharp, and when I look through then and see that their is no traffic around, I chose to open them up a little to gain some more speed..

Dirty.. I will put a blinking brake on for you next time

-Mossburg

Unread
  (#13)
I was sleeping

April 6, 2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
here's your quote.

If your gonna try and make a dim down respectful post, dont end it by being a prick.

FWIW I understand where you are coming from.. Im not a very habit like person. I never treat stuff the same way. To me their is never a line on the street. Its not a track and not a controlled environment. Lol, I think you and everyone else here are getting the wrong idea. I dont cut every sinlge time.. I did it 3 times.. Their were plenty of other places I could of done it, but chose not to.. Those 3 turns in particular are pretty sharp, and when I look through then and see that their is no traffic around, I chose to open them up a little to gain some more speed..

Dirty.. I will put a blinking brake on for you next time

NO

KEV~
NESBA # 401
2002 Honda 919
2003 Yamaha R6(05-09 SOLD)

MARRC Safety Crew - www.marrc.org
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Dirty  
Unread
  (#14)
USSA

April 6, 2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyR6 View Post
glad u had a good day!!
BUT
a couple of tips
dont show the parts when passing on double yellows
dont show mess ups
dont show tags!
i know who u were with and is good peeps and u guys should have used that video as a training purpose not to show others that will BASH you! edit the video before posting to not show mistakes or illegal stuff! i know u ment well buddy but others will bash!
who was in the lead? if it was u PLEASE stop using ur brake so much
HOLLA
don't show the speedo

I Have Nothing To Contribute.

Chicks are like jobs...all the good ones are taken and they can't pay you enough to do the ones that are available.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArrrSV  
Unread
  (#15)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

April 6, 2009, 09:05 AM

Not bad video. One thing to remember is that when you take a left turn and your tires are right on the edge of your yellow line your helmet is in the oncoming traffic's lane. Just don't want you to lose your head out there. Try to ride as if there is a WALL there and you do not want your head to hit it. Yea and take out the passing.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!