DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 576
4 members and 572 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
Making the Best of a Family Tragedy
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Making the Best of a Family Tragedy - July 18, 2009, 08:09 AM

Well, my Aunt Judy passed away the other day at the tender age of 58. Terrible loss for our famiy. She was/is onoe of everyone's favorites. She was always kind and caring. Not a single malicious bone in her body. She had many health problems over the years, from Polycystic kidneys to arthritis and a gambit of ilnesses in between. She was due for a kidney transplant when she fell gravely ill 3 weeks ago. My O'l Burd went up to PA to help take care of her and my Uncle Tom(Also one he*l of a person). My Mom, being the baby of the family struggled hard with seeing her big Sis in such bad shape.

You know how when someone passes, people try to think of ways to honor them? Things like making donations to charities in their name, or not wearing black to the funeral or something like that. I've been trying to come up with something to do along with donating to her fave charities. Then it dawned on me. Last time I saw her at my cousin Todd's wedding, she was very concerned with my health. After my last accident, I really hadn't had the chance to ride much, and I had put on a ton of weight from being laid up fer so long. She knows how I love to ride, and wished m,e the best to get back on 2 again. Most people wanted me to sell the bike, she wanted me to get riding again! She doesn't even ride!

I decided to take the SV instead of riding with the fam in a cage. I'm going to take some pics and make this an enjoyable trip instead of a morbid weekend. I think she would've wanted me to do that. Once I'm there, I'm going to try and help everyone realize that she's much better off in Heaven, livin in perfection. No more sicknesses or anything. I wish I could see her sweet face again. I wish I could feel her touch my hair like she always did even looong after I was all growed up. I'm gonna enjoy this weekend like no body's business. In her honor. It'll be good for me to get riding a decent distance again(200 miles each way), and she can look down and see that even though she's gonna be missed, we'll keep the good life going. I'm really looking forward to this now. Wish me luck!

Just my $.02
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Railing!

July 18, 2009, 08:21 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's the good ones that die young, but at least she's in a better place. She knew that if someone does something they love, it makes life better for them. I'm glad you are getting back on your bike, and riding for her memory. Sometimes it takes something like this to get you back on, and that may be the first of many great rides again! Have a great trip and be safe!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
TEAM.SUKUZI

July 18, 2009, 09:22 AM

Sorry for your loss, I know how this feels, my mother's health was just as bad...she was always in pain. I just lost her this January, it was especially hard since she took her last breath in my arms...then my father went exactly a month later due to a broken heart from missing her so much. They both came later in my dreams and told me everything will be fine...they would want you to do what makes you happy. Life isn't about holding back and being scared, it's about enjoying yourself...so get on that SV and ride it proudly...

sex addict