DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 531
2 members and 529 guests
2blueyam, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
Marine Corps Marathon
Unread
  (#1)
Groundhogs can play dead

Marine Corps Marathon - June 20, 2006, 03:00 PM

www.marinemarathon.com

I work (volunteer) for an organization called the Armed Forces Foundation. We've got 100 slots for the Marine Corps Marathon if any of you are interested in running.

www.armedforcesfoundation.org

If you are intrested in running for our cause, PM me or contact:
info@armedforcesfoundation.org

I know Christa is running this already (more power to ya, girlie!)

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Site ADMIN

June 20, 2006, 03:02 PM

Im running 6 miles daily now.. (not even close to marathon distance)

I "might" be up for this. Ill talk to ya about it at the tubing event.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#3)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

June 20, 2006, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud

GO SPUD!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#4)
Addicted to Cajen food...

June 20, 2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:

6 Daily??? That's impressive Alex... very impressive. You can DO it!!!
Unread
  (#5)
SIN MC President

June 20, 2006, 04:13 PM

PLEASE HELP ME RUN IN THE MCM BY DONATING!!!
FIGHT LYMPHOMA & LEUKEMIA!!

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

June 21, 2006, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzu
6 Daily??? That's impressive Alex... very impressive. You can DO it!!!
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Ive been runing for about 4 years now. My daily routine has been 3-4 miles/run.

2 months ago I upped it to 6 - 7 miles. Wave if you see the yellow visor as I run along old bridge and prince william parkway anywhere between 5-6pm.

Saw diggy the other day walking along the road in my neighborhood, he gave me the high five on my way through.

I was going to slowly add in 9 -10 miles w/in the next month..

How far is that junk again? 25 miles?

I ran 8 miles the other day just to see how i would do.. I did pretty good, experienced my first runners high.. Since i run at night, i couldnt fall asleep.. Its kinda weird reaching that point of not being tired and just maintaining pace.. never had that before either..

I am averaging about 8:00 - 8:15 /mile and I held that when i did the 8 miles..

Christa, how average is that?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury

Last edited by spud; June 21, 2006 at 09:15 AM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#7)

June 21, 2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
How far is that junk again? 25 miles?

I ran 8 miles the other day just to see how i would do.. I did pretty good, experienced my first runners high.. Since i run at night, i couldnt fall asleep.. Its kinda weird reaching that point of not being tired and just maintaining pace.. never had that before either..

I am averaging about 8:00 - 8:15 /mile and I held that when i did the 8 miles..

Christa, how average is that?
A marathon is 26.2 miles.

If you can maintain an 8 min. mile the whole way, your marathon time would be around a 3:50:00 or so. I have averaged around a 9:30 and got around a 4:18:00 (or something like that) in my last marathon.

If you attempt to run a marathon, your goal for your first marathon should be to just finish. Don't have a time goal. Running 8,10, or even 15 miles is much different than running 26. People usually hit the wall around 18-20 miles.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

June 21, 2006, 10:49 AM

Good advice thanks!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#9)

June 21, 2006, 11:12 AM

You still doing the 10 miler Christa? Have a team?
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

June 21, 2006, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa525
People usually hit the wall around 18-20 miles.
well spud 18-20 miles is good. i would hit the wall much sooner than that..... like the wall i would jump to get in line for the start of the race

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#11)

June 21, 2006, 11:30 AM

Quote:
You still doing the 10 miler Christa? Have a team?
I was never signed up for the 10 miler. You know anyone running it? I haven't done any shorter races in awhile except 1/2 marathons. I am too lazy to go to too many races I need to though to get more speed.
Unread
  (#12)

June 21, 2006, 11:36 AM

Tell you what, I'll sign up for it and we can make a team. My goal is 2 weekday 3mile runs and a 5 miler on the weekend... I'm not in Marathon shape by any means, but hey, you never know what could happen.

We could make a team and get a few people if needed. If we do that, I say we reserve a room downtown the day before, because registration starts at 5pm and it's an EARLY morning run... would suck to have to drive down at 5am. I would rather sleep until 6.

Thoughts?
Unread
  (#13)

June 21, 2006, 12:10 PM

Well... the Army 10 miler is a bust... the race is SOLD OUT! Maybe next year.
Unread
  (#14)

June 21, 2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Well... the Army 10 miler is a bust... the race is SOLD OUT! Maybe next year.
BOO! There are other races. Next time. How about you train and sign up for the marine corps marathon through Tanya's group
Unread
  (#15)

June 21, 2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa525
BOO! There are other races. Next time. How about you train and sign up for the marine corps marathon through Tanya's group
It would probably give me the motivation I need to train, but honestly, I think i'm too far behind on training. I think I could run 8 miles today, but 26.2 is a hella goal. Let me think about it and find a conditioning plan.