DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 528
3 members and 525 guests
2blueyam, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
MC group ride to WV
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!
 
stan55's Avatar
 
Posts: 585
Join Date: January 30, 2007
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
MC group ride to WV - April 3, 2009, 03:19 PM

I got a group ride planed for Sat Apr 4 at 11:30 AM in Front Royal, off I66 (exit 6 at the Exxon Gas gas station) Round trip ride should be around 240 miles. Let me if you would like to join us.

Stan
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
#swag
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,213
Join Date: August 21, 2003
Location: Fairfax
April 3, 2009, 03:46 PM

Puttin some miles on the 09, Stan?


  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Knee Draggin!
 
stan55's Avatar
 
Posts: 585
Join Date: January 30, 2007
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
April 3, 2009, 03:51 PM

No, I'm taking the 07.. It has my GPS on it. I have to order one for the 09. Plus I want to put more miles on back roads on the 09.. I'm doing mototune break in, trying to stay away from highways right now. You feel like coming?



Stan


Quote:
Originally Posted by RFORC1 View Post
Puttin some miles on the 09, Stan?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
#swag
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,213
Join Date: August 21, 2003
Location: Fairfax
April 3, 2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan55 View Post
No, I'm taking the 07.. It has my GPS on it. I have to order one for the 09. Plus I want to put more miles on back roads on the 09.. I'm doing mototune break in, trying to stay away from highways right now. You feel like coming?



Stan
Gotcha, I guess you can't go wrong with either bike! haha.. I won't make it tomorrow, I've got plans to go skeet shooting with some friends.

I did the mototune break-in on my 09 too.. I think I have about 450 miles on mine..

I am riding out to Summit on Sunday to watch some WERA races though..


  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!
 
stan55's Avatar
 
Posts: 585
Join Date: January 30, 2007
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
April 3, 2009, 03:58 PM

Cool... Right now I have 300 miles on the 09.

Stan


Quote:
Originally Posted by RFORC1 View Post
Gotcha, I guess you can't go wrong with either bike! haha.. I won't make it tomorrow, I've got plans to go skeet shooting with some friends.

I did the mototune break-in on my 09 too.. I think I have about 450 miles on mine..

I am riding out to Summit on Sunday to watch some WERA races though..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
All about the U
 
Dr.Duct_Mossburg's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,842
Join Date: August 27, 2008
Location: SoCo
April 4, 2009, 08:19 AM

Man I wish I wasnt working.. Id like to do join.. Just got my bike back yesterday evening..

Any plans to head out for a ride tomorrow? Bring the 09! I didnt even know you got one. gahhhhhh.


-Mossburg
"Dont make excuses, Make adjustments"





  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Derpentine Dealer
 
OrangeShirtDude's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,464
Join Date: April 6, 2007
Location: "Going Bonkers"
April 4, 2009, 09:00 AM

I was planning to go on this ride, but I'm tied up with a friend's partially dismantled bike in my garage and an exhaust bracket in transit via FedEx today. Stan, I didn't know you pulled the trigger on the 09. Looking forward to seeing it.


How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
All about the U
 
Dr.Duct_Mossburg's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,842
Join Date: August 27, 2008
Location: SoCo
April 4, 2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
I was planning to go on this ride, but I'm tied up with a friend's partially dismantled bike in my garage and an exhaust bracket in transit via FedEx today. Stan, I didn't know you pulled the trigger on the 09. Looking forward to seeing it.
Seeing it? pshhh riding it! lol jk.

You all want to put together a little cruise/lunch ride tomorrow.. Maybe Pm the folks that are going on the WV trip with us.. Just put some faces, etc together?


-Mossburg
"Dont make excuses, Make adjustments"





  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
coming through..
 
tonic21's Avatar
 
Posts: 186
Join Date: May 12, 2008
Location: Soon to be Cali
April 4, 2009, 10:57 AM

Anyone got stans number I'm sittin here at the exxon station and no ones here oh yeah been here since 1120

Last edited by tonic21; April 4, 2009 at 10:59 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
All about the U
 
Dr.Duct_Mossburg's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,842
Join Date: August 27, 2008
Location: SoCo
April 4, 2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonic21 View Post
Anyone got stans number I'm sittin here at the exxon station and no ones here oh yeah been here since 1120
pm'ed


-Mossburg
"Dont make excuses, Make adjustments"





  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Knee Draggin!
 
donniecs's Avatar
 
Posts: 605
Join Date: March 11, 2007
Location: Frederick, MD
April 4, 2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonic21 View Post
Anyone got stans number I'm sittin here at the exxon station and no ones here oh yeah been here since 1120
Stan doesn't wait if he never knew you were coming, 11:30 doesn't mean show time, that is the time he is leaving on the ride will a full take of gas. Also bring a clear visor; you'll probably need it to get home. Get rides though. If you wanted the obligatory BS session before the ride show but 30-45 early or go to somebody else’s ride. If you want less talking and more riding ride with Stan.

Great guy and I recommend his rides!


Charlie
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
All about the U
 
Dr.Duct_Mossburg's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,842
Join Date: August 27, 2008
Location: SoCo
April 4, 2009, 11:44 AM

2nd.. I love doing rides with him.. Anytime I ride with him he and I take turns leading but it is always about riding.. Girl talk is for lunch time.. and even then its quick.. thats my kinda ride.


-Mossburg
"Dont make excuses, Make adjustments"





  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
Derpentine Dealer
 
OrangeShirtDude's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,464
Join Date: April 6, 2007
Location: "Going Bonkers"
April 4, 2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniecs View Post
Stan doesn't wait if he never knew you were coming, 11:30 doesn't mean show time, that is the time he is leaving on the ride will a full take of gas. Also bring a clear visor; you'll probably need it to get home. Get rides though. If you wanted the obligatory BS session before the ride show but 30-45 early or go to somebody else’s ride. If you want less talking and more riding ride with Stan.

Great guy and I recommend his rides!

+1. Just make sure you have your shit squared away and your head on straight.


How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
Derpentine Dealer
 
OrangeShirtDude's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,464
Join Date: April 6, 2007
Location: "Going Bonkers"
April 4, 2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
Seeing it? pshhh riding it! lol jk.

You all want to put together a little cruise/lunch ride tomorrow.. Maybe Pm the folks that are going on the WV trip with us.. Just put some faces, etc together?

I'm riding with dodge tomorrow morning and will probably be out most of the day. I'm out of town next weekend and the weekend after that, but I'm up for this at the end of the month.


How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
coming through..
 
tonic21's Avatar
 
Posts: 186
Join Date: May 12, 2008
Location: Soon to be Cali
April 4, 2009, 08:12 PM

hey guys thanks, they showed up like 5 min after i posted that. Great time today..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.