DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 587
4 members and 583 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
Quick jaunt out west, north and back
Unread
  (#1)
unapologetic

Quick jaunt out west, north and back - June 12, 2011, 10:58 AM

I'm stretching out the legs on a possible new streetbike. My wife and I are going to be at the Sheetz on 50 out by South Riding at around 1230. Going to take it west to 15, turn north, take some back roads to Harpers Ferry, then go through Maryland on 340, find 15 and head back south through Leesburg, find Evergreen Mills and swing back to 606 and then home.

Ride time expected to be around 2-3 hours max.

Pace is low to moderate. I'm on a (not mine) Yamaha Warrior and my wife is on a Vulcan 1500.

Will stop for gas as needed (this tank is tiny), maybe a snack or ice cream in Harpers Ferry.

All riders welcome(noobs encouraged). We will do our best to dodge the rain if there is any.

Later.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Elite Racing

June 12, 2011, 05:00 PM

Just saw this. Damn. Hope you guys had a good ride.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#3)
It was me.

June 12, 2011, 05:05 PM

You are riding on the street!

I would have been there if I had seen this.

Mohawk Ryderz Road Captain
www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GwgOmlI0ht.../s400/byah.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Widow Maker  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

June 12, 2011, 05:20 PM

Hope you all had fun, had to miss the day of riding b/c of sick kid... I would have met you for this.

let me know if you want to learn more about the Warrior, great bike. Check out rswarrior.com, they have good info on that machine.

Yamaha FZ8
Husqvarna TE310R ---
Unread
  (#5)
Give me the Ban Button!

June 12, 2011, 05:31 PM

Damn how did i miss this opportunity

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#6)
Typical Stripper

June 12, 2011, 06:32 PM

Warriors are fun... still leaning towards a Night Rod though...

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

June 12, 2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
Warriors are fun... still leaning towards a Night Rod though...
I saw an amazing looking yellow night rod with black stripe at the Hd dealer in Frederick

Sent from my broke ass phone using Forum Runner

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#8)
unapologetic

June 12, 2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaus View Post
Hope you all had fun, had to miss the day of riding b/c of sick kid... I would have met you for this.

let me know if you want to learn more about the Warrior, great bike. Check out rswarrior.com, they have good info on that machine.
Thanks man, we did. We ended up doing an abridged Point of Rocks ride with some good MD roads and some northern Lovettsville thrown in. Sheets MTO ftw as well.

I wasn't opposed to the Warrior, and it is defintitely a "performance cruiser", but I found that it did have some shortcomings. It's a bit short in the leg department, but I'm assuming it's like that becasue of the super pimp not stock alligator seat the owner has on it. This specific bike got comments everywhere we parked, and it looks great, the owner has done the chrome thing very well with how it currently sits. It does have some great pep to it, but I found that it sure could use another gear up top. The front forks are NOT adjustable R6 style forks like I thought, they have NO adjustability from what I could see. The brakes work great, have two calipers for the front rotors and are R6 like in their appearance. The suspension seems to lean more towards the firm side than the plush. The bike flicks pretty well for having a 200 rear tire. Most of the hard parts are up high enough that it requires a bit to get stuff to drag. Good thing the footpegs do flip up though.

It's fun to ride for short to moderate distances so far. I'm still on the fence about committing to a longer than 2 hour saddle session at this point.

I am considering a few other models to fill the void in my garage at the moment, but this particular model has a lot of potential.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#9)
in Yamaland

June 12, 2011, 10:16 PM

Nice review.

...I think I'll send you a Yamaha shirt... that way you'll have to buy a Yamaha bike to match it.
Unread
  (#10)
unapologetic

June 12, 2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrivito View Post
Nice review.

...I think I'll send you a Yamaha shirt... that way you'll have to buy a Yamaha bike to match it.
Ha! Thanks man! I wonder if the Ducati, Honda, Suzuki or Harley reps would consider the same!

I've already got 3 Yammi's, a Kawi and a Suzuki in the garage. I dunno if I can get any more tuning forks in there. Besides, I'm waiting to use all of your dealer rep juice for when it comes time to build an R6 from planet kickass.

"ride on #47, ride on"

Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

June 13, 2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
....It does have some great pep to it, but I found that it sure could use another gear up top. The front forks are NOT adjustable R6 style forks like I thought, they have NO adjustability from what I could see. The brakes work great, have two calipers for the front rotors and are R6 like in their appearance. The suspension seems to lean more towards the firm side than the plush. The bike flicks pretty well for having a 200 rear tire. Most of the hard parts are up high enough that it requires a bit to get stuff to drag. Good thing the footpegs do flip up though.

It's fun to ride for short to moderate distances so far. I'm still on the fence about committing to a longer than 2 hour saddle session at this point.
Front end is a modified R1, not R6. For improved setup there the entire front can be swapped out with a full R1 adjustable front end. Which is in the plans for me. The only modification needed is a new axle hub assembly to put the Warrior wheel/tire back in place.

As for the lack of 6th gear, probably the biggest 'complaint' of owners, but in the hills, no one cares, that gear is really only used over 70 on the freeway.

Your dead on for the seat time. 2 - 3 hours is about my limit with the stock saddle, anything more and it becomes painful.

Yamaha FZ8
Husqvarna TE310R ---