DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
0 members and 562 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ride TODAY, 09/03/07, 2 PM, MontCo, MD NOTE TIME CHANGE
Unread
  (#1)
Derpentine Dealer

Ride TODAY, 09/03/07, 2 PM, MontCo, MD NOTE TIME CHANGE - September 3, 2007, 10:57 AM

Day: Monday (Labor Day, TODAY)
Date: 09/03/07
Time: 2:00 PM
Place: Great Indoors parking lot (16331 Shady Grove Road, Gaithersburg, MD). This is one block east of 355/Frederick Road on the south side of Shady Grove Road. Big parking lot, meet in the northwest corner.

Pace will be MODERATE. I will ride for 2-3 hours on some good roads nearby and then maybe a little bit up north around Urbana if there is time. Don't mind riding by myself or with some riders that can keep the shiny side up. Lots of cops out today so no shenanigans that will draw attention. I can't afford a ticket.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; September 3, 2007 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: TIME CHANGE!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

September 3, 2007, 11:59 AM

Bump. NOTE time change. 2 pm.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

September 3, 2007, 04:31 PM

Report: Today was not my day. Must have been an omen or something that I mentioned cops because I got a ticket for 62 in a 35 on MD 355 just south of the Rockville-Gaithersburg line. Ouch. Stupid, just not paying attention to how fast I was going nor to where the cops were. What's worse, I gased it to get through a yellow light, and I think that's what really prompted the cop to nab me. Toward the end of the ride I had temporary lapse in judgement on a left turn but got lucky. Overall a good, short ride with Interceptor, however.

Unread
  (#4)
weeeeee

September 3, 2007, 05:47 PM

damn, sorry to hear about the ticket. Glad your safe though. I couldn't make it as I saw this thread at 2:30
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rohit  
Unread
  (#5)
Derpentine Dealer

September 3, 2007, 06:21 PM

Sorry, I would have set this up earlier, but I didn't know whether I could sneak out of work. I was planning on 3, then 3:30, then I got a message from Interceptor saying he had to be back by 4 so i moved it to 2. I got my ticket while heading up 355 to the parking lot. 2 points and a $160 fine. I didn't ask for a break because I thought he could have been a jerk and given me something worse, like a reckless or a hard time for my rear signal lights not being DOT compliant and far enough apart, etc.

I just need to slow the f*ck down in town and stay off of 355 altogether, which has a paltry 35 mph limit. Both of my tickets, both while on a bike, both within the last 4 months, have been on that stupid road. Nothing before that for like 2 years.

Let's plan on next weekend if you can make it and the weather stays dry.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; September 3, 2007 at 06:26 PM..