DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
2 members and 556 guests
2blueyam, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
Riding Sunday Oct 17th Through the Mountains Of West Virginia
Unread
  (#1)
MSF Student

Riding Sunday Oct 17th Through the Mountains Of West Virginia - October 16, 2010, 07:58 AM

As of now a group of 5 of us are heading up the mountains of WV. According to family member leaves are changeing up there so should be a nice view. Will be cool out so grip will not be like it should. Average speed will be 10 over speed limit with a blip on some straights. The goal of the ride is to come back in one piece and keep the cops from making money. Not a good ride if your a noob but should be fun and a little cool so dress for it. Leaving Sheetz stephens city, va at 9:00 A.M. by lunch should be in the high 60's. Goal to be back around 4.

Speed Is Just A Matter Of Money... How Fast Can You Afford To Go ?

www.flairphoto2.com
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Railing!

October 16, 2010, 08:04 AM

wish i could go on this, still have temporary license plate and it expired and they wont give me another one

DeReK AgIn
Question Answered
Unread
  (#3)
MSF Student

Question Answered - October 16, 2010, 11:41 AM

I had 3 PM's about the pace etc... and the part about the noob ride. Only doing 10 over posted speed for 85% of the trip so if that doesn't cause anyone issues than noob's welcome. If you just got a bike 3 weeks ago well maybe not so good. The route taking has tons of turns some long straights.. it has it all. Everyone rides at their own pace.. I set the pace at 10 over as an average... I have been known to pull the trigger on some straights but like I tell everyone that rides with me... if you have the urge to hammer it that have at it... triple digits are full for sure... just at some point wait for the rest of use Summer time when tires are hot, roads are warm than the pace is stepped up but this time of the year... can't push my fat busa around turns to hard. LOL The time is coming near when winter will be here and no more riding so I know tomorrow is not a 80 degree day but it is going to be sunny and truly would just like to do a fall chill ride up the mountains and enjoy the view.

www.flairphoto2.com
Unread
  (#4)
MSF Student

October 17, 2010, 06:35 PM

Great turn out and great ride... no tickets... not sure how since for some reason we were speeding always at the wrong time I think next time need a sweeper we had 12 bikes and never could figure out who was last, if everyone was there so that took some time to do the count and double check but better than nobody showing up I guess. Looking forward to the ride we did last year called the Spring Zing which takes place in April... will need to break that group for sure.

www.flairphoto2.com