DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 541
2 members and 539 guests
2blueyam, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Road bike ride anyone?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ
 
600cbr's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,550
Join Date: June 20, 2005
Location: Woodbridge Va
Road bike ride anyone? - December 13, 2008, 09:56 AM

I know its short notice but Im going on a road bike ride for about an hour around 2:00pm today. Anyone want to hit the WNOD trail for an hour. Iknow its cold but after the first 10 min you will be warmed up.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ
 
600cbr's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,550
Join Date: June 20, 2005
Location: Woodbridge Va
December 13, 2008, 08:28 PM

Ok so since nobody else but me is crazy enough to brave the weather I decided to see if I could make it to my parents house in Woodbridge next to The hospital from fairoaks mall area. Well I left at 230pm and made it by 400pm. Buying a road bike has opened up a whole different relm of locations and possabilities. I took braddock to 123 to route 1. A total of 24 miles in 1.5 hours. I never thought I would be able to go that far that fast.

Let me know if anyone else ever wants to ride.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
2 wheels for life
 
Deep's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,134
Join Date: August 14, 2007
Location: Helsinki, Finland
December 13, 2008, 08:34 PM

I used to a bike a lot when I was a teenager .. I had a cheap MTB which I used to race with friends/busses/cars If I had a bike I could have tried .. donno if I still have the same stamina though


Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
2 wheels for life
 
Deep's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,134
Join Date: August 14, 2007
Location: Helsinki, Finland
December 13, 2008, 08:34 PM

Have ever been to jail for riding a bike?


Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
GET SOME ! ! !
 
Spyker's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,013
Join Date: September 7, 2007
Location: in transit...
December 14, 2008, 08:45 AM

Once the weather warms up, I'll be taking my road bike out again almost every weekend up and down the W&OD...Post up again when its 60+ degrees out haha


TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
( * )|( * )
 
deviousR6's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,837
Join Date: June 15, 2004
December 14, 2008, 03:15 PM

Spring I'll ride W&OD for some endurane miles and probably skyline drive to get some hill work in. If anyone is interested let me know. Endurance rides will be at a low/moderate pace (avg speed of 20mph or so...by no means fast) hill work...if you're in good shape it will be fun but I wouldn't recommend it for casual or beginner riders.


Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
GET SOME ! ! !
 
Spyker's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,013
Join Date: September 7, 2007
Location: in transit...
December 14, 2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6 View Post
Spring I'll ride W&OD for some endurane miles and probably skyline drive to get some hill work in. If anyone is interested let me know. Endurance rides will be at a low/moderate pace (avg speed of 20mph or so...by no means fast) hill work...if you're in good shape it will be fun but I wouldn't recommend it for casual or beginner riders.
Put me on the list, I'm in!!


TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
( * )|( * )
 
deviousR6's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,837
Join Date: June 15, 2004
December 14, 2008, 06:02 PM

Cool deal, I'm taking 09 off from motocycle racing but I'm racing road and time-trials (USCF Cat V since I haven't raced since I was a Junior )so I will be more focused on that.

I'll post up the rides several days ahead of time so it would be great to get a group together.


Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
GET SOME ! ! !
 
Spyker's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,013
Join Date: September 7, 2007
Location: in transit...
December 14, 2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6 View Post
Cool deal, I'm taking 09 off from motocycle racing but I'm racing road and time-trials (USCF Cat V since I haven't raced since I was a Junior )so I will be more focused on that.

I'll post up the rides several days ahead of time so it would be great to get a group together.
You're taking the 09' racing season off, and I'll be starting my first season hahaha....either way, some group rides would be cool


TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
( * )|( * )
 
deviousR6's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,837
Join Date: June 15, 2004
December 14, 2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
You're taking the 09' racing season off, and I'll be starting my first season hahaha....either way, some group rides would be cool
Nice...yeah...I'll be back, I can't focus on both so I decided to give cycling my focus next year. I'm aiming for several state TT championships so there's no way I could race motorcycles and have the time to train/race.

See you in the spring and good luck with your season.


Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
GET SOME ! ! !
 
Spyker's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,013
Join Date: September 7, 2007
Location: in transit...
December 14, 2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6 View Post
Nice...yeah...I'll be back, I can't focus on both so I decided to give cycling my focus next year. I'm aiming for several state TT championships so there's no way I could race motorcycles and have the time to train/race.

See you in the spring and good luck with your season.
Thanks man, I'll see ya around


TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
Eddie would go ...
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,507
Join Date: April 16, 2006
December 14, 2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6 View Post
Spring I'll ride W&OD for some endurane miles and probably skyline drive to get some hill work in. If anyone is interested let me know. Endurance rides will be at a low/moderate pace (avg speed of 20mph or so...by no means fast) hill work...if you're in good shape it will be fun but I wouldn't recommend it for casual or beginner riders.

How about a .net team for Tour De Skyline? a 2 day ride in the mountains with SAG support. All good training fun organized by the RATS - some nationally ranked triathletes.

Up for it? I'm IN and will get you details on PM if interested. Plus we're still out every Sat AM...only ice stops us. We'll be hittin 60-80 milers in Spring gearing towards Eagleman etc


Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
( * )|( * )
 
deviousR6's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,837
Join Date: June 15, 2004
December 15, 2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
How about a .net team for Tour De Skyline? a 2 day ride in the mountains with SAG support. All good training fun organized by the RATS - some nationally ranked triathletes.

Up for it? I'm IN and will get you details on PM if interested. Plus we're still out every Sat AM...only ice stops us. We'll be hittin 60-80 milers in Spring gearing towards Eagleman etc
Yeah if there's a group hitting skyline I'm game (as long as it is on a weekend). Sucks that there are no real hills near me so I'll have to do some training out there so it would be a lot better with a group.


Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.
 
SaS's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,562
Join Date: August 13, 2008
Location: In the city
December 15, 2008, 09:24 AM

I ride a mountain bike with road tires on it. I used to ride my bicycle to work everyday, which was fun because I could run through lights, go on and off the sidewalk, ride the wrong way on one-ways,etc (i.e. do whatever I want). Then I got a motorcycle oh course, and I stopped riding my bicycle. I plan on getting back into it though. Its hard to do both, because when there's ideal conditions for bicycling, I'll usually opt to go for the motorcycle instead.

I'll be down for some road/ mountain biking when the weather warms up though, so we should keep this thread alive in the future.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
Owner of the Site Owner
 
Posts: 3,793
Join Date: February 3, 2006
December 15, 2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6 View Post
Yeah if there's a group hitting skyline I'm game (as long as it is on a weekend). Sucks that there are no real hills near me so I'll have to do some training out there so it would be a lot better with a group.
go be bold and get on popes head, old colchester, etc etc


-

I tow 747s


"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.